PDA

View Full Version : Free Shoes in Free Fall

prrriiide
10/2/2009, 02:33 PM
Interesting thread on the Free Shoes Scout board...

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=16&f=2947&t=4848728 (http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=16&f=2947&t=4848728)

It gets a bit interesting after this post:

Here's the latest on the radio today. This was the discussion between David Lamm and Barry Milligan.

Apparently the main factions are Jimbo, Trickett, and Dawsey vs. Bobby, Mickey, and Amato. Jimbo keeps trying to do things but keeps getting overruled by Amato. Lots and lots of tension.

I keep hearing about some of our coaches coming to blows in the locker room, or almost coming to blows. Anyone know who?

Someone on Orlando Sentinel is saying that Bobby was supposed to be down delivering one of his pre-game speeches, but was instead yucking it up with some people from Alabama. Eventually Jimbo tried to give one because Bobby wasn't showing up, but then Amato felt like he should be the one. Amato tried to drown out Jimbo and then confronted him. (Is this when there were blows or almost blows). Eventually the players just kind of filtered out with no speech and kind of shocked at what they were witnessing.

We have serious issues gentlemen!!!!

Apparently Chuck Amato is doing everything humanly possible to undermine Jimbo Fisher. Looks like Bobby might be allowing the program he built to go right back to the stank hole where he found it.

stoopified
10/2/2009, 02:52 PM
The Noles have been on the downhill slide since we waxed them in the 2001 OB.If the rumors are true it sounds like the slide has turned into an express elevator trip to the CFB basement.At one point this would have made me sad but given Bowden's recent inexplicable (IMHO) disrespect towards OU as reflected in the public coaches vote,I simply say bye-bye.

TheHumanAlphabet
10/2/2009, 03:07 PM
"That wasn't a football game, that was a nightmare!"

goingoneight
10/2/2009, 03:19 PM
Bowden, while still employed, will be worshipped and paid.

That's what it all looks like to me. The guy is already in retirement mode... why not go into broadcasting? He can't be worse than the fackturds ESPN has already. There's big bucks there, and eventually whether people like your reputation or not... you got rings that guys like Lee Corso and Mark May don't have. Like the BCS on Fox... how many people hated Switzer at OU and Dallas? How many people hated Jimmy Johnson at Miamuh and Dallas? You really think people care what Chris Rose thinks over those guys?

rawlingsHOH
10/2/2009, 04:28 PM
The Noles have been on the downhill slide since we waxed them in the 2001 OB.
Yep, that is exactly when it started. They were Top 5 for 14 straight years ('87-'00). That's unfathomable!