PDA

View Full Version : what's yer fave Stones LP?

King Crimson
10/2/2009, 11:43 AM
me:

1. Beggar's Banquet
2. Exile
3. Flowers
4/5. Sticky Fingers/Let it Bleed

underrated: Some Girls.

almost no better run in rock than BB, Exile, LiB, Sticky....that isn't the Beatles 67-68.

BillyBall
10/2/2009, 11:55 AM
Exile

King Crimson
10/2/2009, 11:58 AM
Exile

here in Boulder, there used to be this guy who played guitar on the Pearl Street Mall. he would always play rocks off from Exile. it was hilarious to see up for the weekend to wacky Boulder Denver suburban "mom's" cringe when he would hit the chorus...and really start rocking......"gonna get my rocks off...:"

great.

C&CDean
10/2/2009, 01:52 PM
It's weird. I own literally hundreds - and maybe even in the 1,000s albums, cassettes, CDs, etc. I've got everything from The Dusty Chaps to Satriani. Dixie Dregs to Sinatra. Alan Parsons to Toby Keith. But I've never purchased or own anything from the Stones. I ain't got anything against them, I just never got into them. And I own very few Beatles records. Rubber Soul, Abbey Road, and Sgt. Peppers I think. Weird.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/2/2009, 01:57 PM
I've got a ton of Doors, some Beatles, some CCR, Blood Sweat & Tears, and a bunch of others, but nothing by the 'Stones...

I think their stuff is OK, but nothing I've ever said "Hey I gotta own that."

OUAlumni1990
10/2/2009, 01:58 PM
I love the Stones. My favorite album overall is Tattoo You.

But my favorite songs are:

Wild Horses
Angie
Midnight Rambler
Heartbreaker
Can't you hear me knockin
Aint too proud to beg

I pretty much like everything they do between 1970 and 1979.

I didn't like their earlier stuff (like get off my cloud) pre 1970 and hated anything they did after say, 1980. But their 70's stuff rocks.

My Opinion Matters
10/2/2009, 02:29 PM
Aftermath, obviously.

yermom
10/2/2009, 03:40 PM
i think it's Let It Bleed, mostly because of two of my favorite Stones songs. (Gimme Shelter and You Can't Always Get What You Want)

the latter is one of my favorites in rock too though

King Crimson
10/2/2009, 05:11 PM
Aftermath, obviously.

some great stuff on Aftermath.

My Opinion Matters
10/2/2009, 05:40 PM
some great stuff on Aftermath.

Oh yeah. Under My Thumb and Mother's Little Helper are probably my two favorite tunes from the Stones.

King Crimson
10/2/2009, 06:19 PM
Oh yeah. Under My Thumb and Mother's Little Helper are probably my two favorite tunes from the Stones.

the handclaps and zylophone on Under My Thumb are great. who doesn't love skiffle drummer like Charlie Watts.

squirming dog who's just had her day...

My Opinion Matters
10/2/2009, 07:24 PM

Such a great line.

Sooner04
10/2/2009, 08:09 PM
the handclaps and zylophone on Under My Thumb are great. who doesn't love skiffle drummer like Charlie Watts.

I love one of the last ones when Mick raises his voice a touch.

The change has come......she's.....under MYYYYYYYYYYY thumb!

Great, great song.

OUAlumni1990
10/2/2009, 08:21 PM
Man I am telling you if you don't have 'Tatto You' then you should get it. There are ALOT of hidden jems on that album that never made it to the radio. Fixin to listen to it now...

King Crimson
10/2/2009, 08:26 PM
Man I am telling you if you don't have 'Tatto You' then you should get it. There are ALOT of hidden jems on that album that never made it to the radio. Fixin to listen to it now...

Tattoo You and Emotional Rescue are kind of underrated but nowhere near as great as the early 70's stuff.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/2/2009, 08:36 PM
I've got a ton of Doors, some Beatles, some CCR, Blood Sweat & Tears, and a bunch of others, but nothing by the 'Stones...

I think their stuff is OK, but nothing I've ever said "Hey I gotta own that."Get "Hot Rocks". It's a greatest hits album that has almost all their best stuff, including Sympathy for the Devil, Gimme Shelter, Midnight Rambler, and "You can't always get what you want". I don't think "she's a Rainbow" is on it, however. There may also be a more recent greatest hits type album that has Emotional Rescue, Tumbling Dice, and "she's So Cold".

Beef
10/2/2009, 09:27 PM
Anything from Motorhead is better.

olevetonahill
10/2/2009, 10:19 PM

LOL :D

StoopTroup
10/3/2009, 01:22 PM
Sticky Fingers

OUAlumni1990
10/3/2009, 06:00 PM

Eat the rich!!!!!

nom nom nom...

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/4/2009, 02:11 AM

I think their stuff is OK, but nothing I've ever said "Hey I gotta own that."Hey check this one out. It's more comprehensive than Hot Rocks.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rolled_Gold%2B:_The_Very_Best_of_the_Rolling_Stone s#Rolled_Gold.2B:_The_Very_Best_of_the_Rolling_Sto nes

AND, this one has the biggest hits from the next set of years after the initial 1964-71 hits: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jump_Back:_The_Best_of_The_Rolling_Stones