PDA

View Full Version : Is PBS in OK showing Ken Burns' NATIONAL PARKS?

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/1/2009, 06:57 PM
The author, Dayton Duncan, is a big lib, and sometimes gets a bit carried away, but overall a very good show(series). I've always liked the outdoors, and fishing, so this is interesting to me.

Lott's Bandana
10/1/2009, 06:59 PM
Yes, it has been on OETA all week.

Okla-homey
10/1/2009, 07:01 PM
Yes, It's okay. It ain't "The Civil War," but its pretty to watch.

I would add, in addition to fighting wars and collecting taxes, the National Park Service is an example of one other thing the gubmint does better than the private sector. So, that's three things.;)

10/1/2009, 07:44 PM

I would add, in addition to fighting wars and collecting taxes, the National Park Service is an example of one other thing the gubmint does better than the private sector. So, that's three things.;)Since when has the private sector had the opportunity to collect taxes?:D

10/1/2009, 08:06 PM
I never knew the story of how John D. Rockerfeller Jr. spent so much of his inheritance til now, either.

Okla-homey
10/1/2009, 08:17 PM
I never knew the story of how John D. Rockerfeller Jr. spent so much of his inheritance til now, either.

If memory serves, he gave $5M (in 1930's dollars) to match Tennessee and North Carolina's $5M, making the Smokey Mountains National Park a reality.

soonerinabilene
10/1/2009, 08:46 PM
Since when has the private sector had the opportunity to collect taxes?:D

the ones who do are called pimps.

10/2/2009, 12:49 AM
FDR'S Depression was such a tragedy. All those gubmit make-works that didn't get the economy going. Just kept things limping along. I get PO'd at just about everything that man did.

sooneron
10/2/2009, 09:01 AM
FDR'S Depression was such a tragedy. All those gubmit make-works that didn't get the economy going. Just kept things limping along. I get PO'd at just about everything that man did.

SRSLY? PO'd? How ****ing old ARE you? If something from 70+ years ago pisses you off and it doesn't involve the killing of a lot people, you really need to re-think your life. Wait a minute, look at whom I am directing this towards...:rolleyes:

suckered in again...

Lott's Bandana
10/2/2009, 09:03 AM
FDR'S Depression was such a tragedy.

If I was married to Eleanor, I'd be depressed too!

<rimshot>

olevetonahill
10/2/2009, 11:03 PM
I just watched it
great show

mikeelikee
10/3/2009, 12:06 AM
Good show. Beautiful scenery and wildlife. I love Ken Burns' productions, even though I doubt I agree with his political worldview. I'm also a traditional conservationist, but not a tree-hugging wacko environmentalist.

10/3/2009, 01:05 AM
Good show. Beautiful scenery and wildlife. I love Ken Burns' productions, even though I doubt I agree with his political worldview. I'm also a traditional conservationist, but not a tree-hugging wacko environmentalist.Didja notice in this last episode tonight, Jimmuh Carter made protected federal lands of about 1/2 of AK?

Frozen Sooner
10/3/2009, 01:40 AM

I would add, in addition to fighting wars and collecting taxes, the National Park Service is an example of one other thing the gubmint does better than the private sector. So, that's three things.;)

You DO realize you're talking about a show on public TV, right? :D

olevetonahill
10/3/2009, 04:51 AM
I do

StoopTroup
10/3/2009, 01:25 PM
good.