PDA

View Full Version : Landry Starting on Saturday

SoonerStud615
10/1/2009, 01:52 PM
Stoops just announced on SoonerSports.com (http://soonersports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/100109aaa.html)

THE STACHE ROLLS ON.

Good luck Landry, you haven't let us down yet. Obviously the coaches are behind you, as is much of the Sooner Nation. Do us proud!

stoops the eternal pimp
10/1/2009, 01:55 PM
http://www.halolz.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/itsatrap-terkletun.jpg

CK Sooner
10/1/2009, 01:58 PM
Hopefully Bradford suits up just in case.

adoniijahsooner
10/1/2009, 02:01 PM
"Sam has made daily progress, but we don't feel like he's quite where he needs to be yet," Stoops said. "Our team has a lot of confidence in Landry's ability and we're looking forward to going into the game with him at quarterback. Our approach will be the same that it has been in the last two games"

OUbasketball4life
10/1/2009, 02:09 PM
I'm looking forward to Landry getting his first big time win under his belt!

Collier11
10/1/2009, 02:13 PM
Landry will be 3-0 after this start but I gaurantee you Sam will be ready jUsT iN cAsE!

rawlingsHOH
10/1/2009, 02:16 PM
Good, I'm glad to hear it!

Hopefully Sam's ready to rock against BU.

E-Town
10/1/2009, 02:20 PM
Have a great game Landry!

Mississippi Sooner
10/1/2009, 02:24 PM
Just one more week that Whitney will have to put up with the mustache. :D

Here's hoping he sets a few more freshman records while he has the chance.

I Am Right
10/1/2009, 02:28 PM
Once again WWLS gets it worng!!!!!

CaliBornSoonerBred
10/1/2009, 02:34 PM
Well at least we know now and speculation can end. I'm anxious to see how the stache handles a true road game. Of course I'd love to see Sam in there but am glad they are being cautious with him. I have full faith that Landry will do great and get us to 3-1.

iwannabelikesam
10/1/2009, 02:39 PM
Good luck 'stache!

Once again WWLS gets it worng!!!!!

That is your first thought about Landry starting? Who gives a **** about wwls!

sooner_in_noble
10/1/2009, 02:40 PM
This will be a great chance for Landry to project himself into the Heisman race, and then next week Sam comes back and throws for 500 yds and 8 tds.

Two Heisman canidate quarterbacks on the same team! That would be awesome!

ouduckhunter
10/1/2009, 02:41 PM
It's Breaking News on the ESPN ticker, and they led off the half hour news show with 2-3 minutes about it on ESPN News!

Fear the Stache!

goingoneight
10/1/2009, 02:42 PM
Bob Barry, Sr. was on the SA earlier and thought (like many of us) that Sam was ready and was going to play. So be ready for Sandy Jonesford to make his first start as a Sooner. :D

goingoneight
10/1/2009, 02:44 PM
This will be a great chance for Landry to project himself into the Heisman race, and then next week Sam comes back and throws for 500 yds and 8 tds.

Then DeMarco will play Wildcat QB against Tejas and rush for 1000 yards and 20 TDs. :D

CK Sooner
10/1/2009, 02:46 PM
Bob just said Sam will probably not dress against Miami.

CaliBornSoonerBred
10/1/2009, 02:48 PM
Then DeMarco will play Wildcat QB against Tejas and rush for 1000 yards and 20 TDs. :D

Didn't Q already try to get those stats against texass??:D

fwsooner22
10/1/2009, 02:48 PM
Bob Barry, Sr. was on the SA earlier and thought (like many of us) that Sam was ready and was going to play. So be ready for Sandy Jonesford to make his first start as a Sooner. :D

C'mom Eight its Sandy Lundsford !

JLEW1818
10/1/2009, 02:49 PM
Please God let us beat Miami..... and let Sam be 100% for Baylor

(my prediction was Jones would start.. and Sam would come in... rumor is Stoops is trying to trick them, really Broyles will be starting at qb in the WildCat)

sooner_in_noble
10/1/2009, 02:49 PM
Bob just said Sam will probably not dress against Miami.

So you're sayin' there's a chance?:D

CK Sooner
10/1/2009, 02:50 PM
So you're sayin' there's a chance?:D

Dressing doesn't mean he will play.

JLEW1818
10/1/2009, 02:51 PM
will Carol dress for Miami?

sooner_in_noble
10/1/2009, 02:55 PM
will Carol dress for Miami?

She will be dressed, but she most likely will not play.

josh09
10/1/2009, 03:29 PM
I support this decision fully. He shouldnt start against a competitive team like the U on the road, but against an easier team like Baylor, at home. Baylor game should prepare him for Texas, and then its time to kick some ***.

iwannabelikesam
10/1/2009, 03:58 PM
I support this decision fully. He shouldnt start against a competitive team like the U on the road, but against an easier team like Baylor, at home. Baylor game should prepare him for Texas, and then its time to kick some ***.

This doesn't make sense to me. Either he is not cleared to play (so you don't play him) or he is cleared to play and it is obvious that you would play him.

Nothing against Landry, but ISU and TU don't tell us anything, those two teams are terrible. A "rusty," or whatever you want to say, HEISMAN TROPHY WINNER > Landry. So I think Sam is not cleared to play, that's why Landry is the starter and Sam is not even going to dress to be the backup. Allen will be the backup if Jones were to go down, though Nimmo would still be the one to go in for any mop-up at the end to preserve Allen's redshirt.

Pigface1
10/1/2009, 04:04 PM

Don't forget Demarco rushing for 250 yards on 15 carries.

illinisooner
10/1/2009, 04:26 PM
Even if he's not going to play, why not dress him to keep the thought of him possibly coming into the game in Miami's head? Certainly no harm in that.

JLEW1818
10/1/2009, 04:27 PM
Even if he's not going to play, why not dress him to keep the thought of him possibly coming into the game in Miami's head? Certainly no harm in that.

true

KantoSooner
10/1/2009, 04:30 PM
This is a good decision. You know that Miami would have sent assassins to attack Sam's shoulder, the same way they attacked Aikman's leg, over and over again, until finally they broke it.
Go with someone without an obvious physical weak point. Because, if you've got one, Miami will try and attack it.
They are scum.

SanJoaquinSooner
10/1/2009, 04:37 PM
will sam or drew be #2?

CK Sooner
10/1/2009, 04:38 PM
will sam or drew be #2?

Drew, or John Nimmo. If I was the coaching staff then I would go with Nimmo.

humblesooner
10/1/2009, 04:38 PM
This doesn't make sense to me. Either he is not cleared to play (so you don't play him) or he is cleared to play and it is obvious that you would play him.

Cleared to play or cleared to practice - medically - are the same thing. He has been throwing the ball for a couple of weeks, but only practicing this week. Apparently, he is not in good enough shape to play at a high level Saturday night, even though he has been cleared to play/practice. It takes time to work out the kinks, even if you are cleared to participate again. It looks like Stoops did not like what he saw this week in practice and has decided to not play Sam this week.
Cleared to play medically does not make it obvious that you would play Sam.

Widescreen
10/1/2009, 04:55 PM
IMO it's better for Sam if he not dress because then he doesn't have to stand there on the sidelines thinking maybe his number will be called. Kind of like how you take away the injured player's helmet so he knows he's not going back into the game.

humblesooner
10/1/2009, 04:59 PM
IMO it's better for Sam if he not dress because then he doesn't have to stand there on the sidelines thinking maybe his number will be called. Kind of like how you take away the injured player's helmet so he knows he's not going back into the game.

If he's not going to play or suit up, he may not make the trip.
The travel squad is limited. Not that we will use 60 players, but I thnk 60 is the max you can take. Sam's folks could pay for his trip, but he may not be part of the traveling squad.

soonervegas
10/1/2009, 05:17 PM
Regardless of who is starting this statement made me LOL....

[QUOTE=KantoSooner;2721332]You know that Miami would have sent assassins to attack Sam's shoulder, the same way they attacked Aikman's leg, over and over again, until finally they broke it.[QUOTE]

sooner59
10/1/2009, 05:29 PM
Mark May just said that Landry is the real deal and can get it done against Miami. Not only that, but he also said with OU's defense, they could go on the road into nearly anybody's house and pull out a win.

Did hell freeze over and nobody told me?

OK2U
10/1/2009, 05:35 PM
will sam or drew be #2?

Just put Broyles, Madu and Demarco back there and let them run the wild horsepig all over their a**.

IronHorseSooner
10/1/2009, 05:43 PM
ESPN has all of a sudden become OU cheerleaders. Is this a sign of the endtimes? They are doing Petey, Joe Pa, and Teebus with STACHES!!!!!!!!!!

illinisooner
10/1/2009, 05:57 PM
Mark May just said that Landry is the real deal and can get it done against Miami. Not only that, but he also said with OU's defense, they could go on the road into nearly anybody's house and pull out a win.

Did hell freeze over and nobody told me?

Well, nearly anybody does not include USC. Obviously.

gaylordfan1
10/1/2009, 06:14 PM
Bradford will travel with the team... I think it is crazy to think Stoops would say "well Sam, your hurt, no use to us so you will have to stay home... Just ice that shoulder son" Even though Stoops said it is doubtful he will suit up, I still think he will. Seeing #14 on the sidlines with his helment in his hand will cause at least some second guessing with Miami. And it is my understanding that Bradford had a lot of say in whether he played this week or not.

Crucifax Autumn
10/1/2009, 06:40 PM
Who's this Demarcus Murray guy Holtz is talking about????

canes4ever
10/1/2009, 06:46 PM
Stoops just announced on SoonerSports.com (http://soonersports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/100109aaa.html)

THE STACHE ROLLS ON.

Good luck Landry, you haven't let us down yet. Obviously the coaches are behind you, as is much of the Sooner Nation. Do us proud!

Now I know as soon as I print this,Landry will probably throw a half dozen TDs but I did exhale a bit with the OU starting QB news. I think Landy will be a excellent QB but I KNOW what Bradford can do to a opponent.

BigBoomerInBigD
10/1/2009, 07:27 PM
Now I know as soon as I print this,Landry will probably throw a half dozen TDs but I did exhale a bit with the OU starting QB news. I think Landy will be a excellent QB but I KNOW what Bradford can do to a opponent.

I wouldn't have exhaled even a bit ;)