PDA

View Full Version : Stoops has Lost 25 Games in 11 years

Octavian
9/30/2009, 11:48 PM
....and 23 of those have been away from Norman.

No need to re-state all the impressive numbers, titles, awards, etc....we all know them. Stoops has dominated the Big XII conference and filled up the Switzer Center's trophy cases. The awards, titles, and numbers OU has rolled up under Stoops have been very impressive....by any standard.

But it's time for a big road win.

Now, not all those numbers have been completely our fault. The '06 Oregon screwjob (and the '05 Tech hosing....no, we're not going to forget) has contributed to those numbers.....or else it would be 21 out of 23 losses. Furthermore, a couple of those away-from-Norman losses have included injuries to the QB (Neb '01, Tech '07, BYU '09). And even then....we have won some big games away from Norman.

But still....OU needs to go down to Miami with a chip on our shoulder and do it up right. It's time.

With or without Bradford...most of the country will be watching and we won't be in Norman....it's time for a big win away from home for Stoops and Co.

Boomer Sooner

westcoast_sooner
10/1/2009, 12:29 AM
Yeah, I agree. Stoops has been accused of not having the team ready at times - mostly on the road for big games. This team seems like they're starting to get hungry. To me, the BYU game was a classic case of this. A lot of the young guys on the OL didn't really act like they knew what to expect, and played like it for the first quarter. If Sam doesn't go down, he pulls guys together and we win that game - likely by a couple of TDs.

Idaho State was a good way to recover, then for Tulsa, the guys started to play better - a shutout and putting up a large number of points against a quality opponent.

Clearly, with two weeks to prepare, there isn't any reason why the Sooners shouldn't be ready. I think they'll go in focused, and with that chip on their shoulder and get a good win.

olevetonahill
10/1/2009, 12:34 AM
What a ****in loser :mad:

LawtonBoy74
10/1/2009, 12:38 AM
:D

olevetonahill
10/1/2009, 12:41 AM
Fire Bob Stoops
That dayum loser has cost us 3 MNCs :mad:

Sirus
10/1/2009, 12:42 AM
If its motivation for revenge yer after, play the 88' game tape. That oughta do it.

olevetonahill
10/1/2009, 12:44 AM
Dont need Motivation
we need a coach who can WIN the Big game

Need to fire that loser NOW

Tailwind
10/1/2009, 12:54 AM
WHAT CHOO TALKIN 'BOUT WILLIS?!

olevetonahill
10/1/2009, 01:12 AM

Im sayin we need to Fire that loser of a head coach we have now and elevate BV from Asst. to Head coach at 1/2 the price
Pay tention

Crucifax Autumn
10/1/2009, 01:15 AM
heh

ouduckhunter
10/1/2009, 01:28 AM

I was going to quote your signature, but it didn't copy, so in any event well said! Tom Jeff speaketh the truth!

SoonerKnight
10/1/2009, 01:38 AM
Im sayin we need to Fire that loser of a head coach we have now and elevate BV from Asst. to Head coach at 1/2 the price
Pay tention

:eek:

freshchris05
10/1/2009, 02:19 AM
must be a wild turkey night...

olevetonahill
10/1/2009, 02:19 AM
:eek:

Dont act like yer all pizzed off at me
You know Im right :rolleyes:

olevetonahill
10/1/2009, 02:20 AM
must be a wild turkey night...

No its just time to Man up and admit we need a New head coach :pop:

PDXsooner
10/1/2009, 02:28 AM
that "loss" in eugene was a win. i will never recognize that as a loss. OU won that one, period.

Octavian
10/1/2009, 03:54 AM
really too bad....but now it never fails that the football board on SF becomes a warped version of the SO...

great

surely that has nothing to do with the declining participation here at SF....

uh huh

there's not a bigger pro-Stoops guy on this --or any other --board than me. check the post history if it feels good.

the fact remains -- while Bob's accomplishments at OU are incredible....we need to win a big away-from-Norman game.

nevermind any actually talk about football or OU.....just let the incredibly witty and hilarious jokes resume.

yee haw

olevetonahill
10/1/2009, 04:57 AM
really too bad....but now it never fails that the football board on SF becomes a warped version of the SO...

great

surely that has nothing to do with the declining participation here at SF....

uh huh

there's not a bigger pro-Stoops guy on this --or any other --board than me. check the post history if it feels good.

the fact remains -- while Bob's accomplishments at OU are incredible....we need to win a big away-from-Norman game.

nevermind any actually talk about football or OU.....just let the incredibly witty and hilarious jokes resume.

yee haw

Im agreein
If he cant win this one then he needs to begone :mad:

Tailwind
10/1/2009, 04:57 AM
Oh lighten up kid. Life's too short.

olevetonahill
10/1/2009, 04:58 AM
Oh lighten up kid. Life's too short.

And its gettin shorter :mad:
Why that loser needs to pick up the pace .

SicEmBaylor
10/1/2009, 05:57 AM
No its just time to balls up and admit we need a New head coach :pop:

Fixed.:texan:

swardboy
10/1/2009, 06:58 AM
Octavian...don't you know nothing good happens after midnight....well, 'cept horizontal dancing.

primetime43
10/1/2009, 07:31 AM
http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/8812/ouducked.jpg
that "loss" in eugene was a win. i will never recognize that as a loss. OU won that one, period.

w0lfe
10/1/2009, 07:50 AM
I bet if you look at most dominant teams, they will have a similiar resume when comparing home to away

rawlingsHOH
10/1/2009, 09:11 AM
....and 23 of those have been away from Norman.

No need to re-state all the impressive numbers, titles, awards, etc....we all know them. Stoops has dominated the Big XII conference and filled up the Switzer Center's trophy cases. The awards, titles, and numbers OU has rolled up under Stoops have been very impressive....by any standard.

But it's time for a big road win.

Now, not all those numbers have been completely our fault. The '06 Oregon screwjob (and the '05 Tech hosing....no, we're not going to forget) has contributed to those numbers.....or else it would be 21 out of 23 losses. Furthermore, a couple of those away-from-Norman losses have included injuries to the QB (Neb '01, Tech '07, BYU '09). And even then....we have won some big games away from Norman.

But still....OU needs to go down to Miami with a chip on our shoulder and do it up right. It's time.

With or without Bradford...most of the country will be watching and we won't be in Norman....it's time for a big win away from home for Stoops and Co.

Boomer Sooner

The home team, on average, wins over 63% of college football games. The road team 37%.

Stoops is...
60-2 (97%) at home
32-11 (74%) on the road
17-11 (61%) neutral site

He wins...
34% more than average at home
37% more than average on the road
11% more than average at a neutral site

In other words, he's equally proficient on the road.

KantoSooner
10/1/2009, 09:26 AM
I'm old enough to have watched the Switzer Dynasty I (1970's) and to have been on campus for the second act (Mid-1980's). Statistics are very useful, but Miami is more than that.
There is a short list of teams, specifically Miami, Texas, USC, Notre Dame and Oregon that, truthfullly, over which there is no excessive margin of victory or number of victories. 150-0? Leaving your starters in and throwing hail marys with 00:05 on the clock? You bet. Blitzing their third string QB after the game is put away in your favor? Absolutely.
Let's argue Bob Stoops proper place in the coaching pantheon some other time. Now is the time to focus distilled hatred at a team, program and university that deserves it richly: Miami.
I hope we stomp a bleeding hole in their chests.
Further deponant sayeth not.

Lipton Tea Bags
10/1/2009, 09:39 AM
Fire Bob Stoops
That dayum loser has cost us 3 MNCs :mad:

Nick Zepp? Is that you?

Jello Biafra
10/1/2009, 12:21 PM
agreed. if we win by 40 saturday, it wont be enough to save his job. just my opinion.

soonerbrat
10/1/2009, 12:35 PM
Pay tention

did someone hijack your account?

Turd_Ferguson
10/1/2009, 12:59 PM
did someone hijack your account?The Vet just understands...sometimes, ya gotta let a good man go.:(

boomermagic
10/1/2009, 01:36 PM
:confused: OH NO !!!!!!!

stoopified
10/1/2009, 03:58 PM
must be a wild turkey night...with a mescal kicker,I'm thinking.Maybe a JUG OF MOONSHINE AS WELL.

soonerloyal
10/1/2009, 08:15 PM
All right...who the hellz pizzed in our beloved Olevet's Post Toasties?! WTH?!

SoonerKnight
10/1/2009, 08:46 PM
What a ****in loser :mad:

Bring back Blake he was better! Blake recruited the best players!! Stoops just got lucky!

SoonerKnight
10/1/2009, 09:14 PM
Actually, we could do better with BV as the head coach!

instigator
10/1/2009, 09:17 PM
Nice post Octavian.

Sure Bob is equally as proficient on the road as at home, but I'd love to see stats for games outside a 600 mile radius of Norman or some such. He dominates in the B12, but it sure feels like we lose to any decent out of conference team. I'd love to see a win in this one like we got so used to a few years back.

Penguin
10/1/2009, 10:36 PM
I just hate being the Buffalo Bills of college football.

gaylordfan1
10/1/2009, 10:40 PM
:pop:
And its gettin shorter :mad:
Why that loser needs to pick up the pace .

:pop:

Stoops will be the next Republican canidate for the presidency! Watch! Especially after this big road game! WIN....WIN....WIN.

yermom
10/1/2009, 10:44 PM
really, the only OOC road win to compare would probably be Bama in '03

the 2000, 2004 teams didn't even leave Norman for one. last year we beat UW, but everyone did...

regardless, we need this win. bad.

AzianSooner
10/1/2009, 10:48 PM
He would be more remembered if he wins a few more NC than a good winning record coach.