PDA

View Full Version : Politics aside, who do you think gets the 2016 Olympic Games?

JohnnyMack
9/30/2009, 02:23 PM
Chicago, Madrid, Rio or Tokyo?

Chicago:
SODWRicA3_s

Madrid:
R_lgjb931FI

Rio:
Z00jjc-WtZI

Tokyo:
O7E7eOPh7ko

I think Madrid is beautiful and would do it right, but I'd be surprised if they did London in 2012 and stayed in Europe for 2016.

I say Rio. They've never been to South America before and it's a beautiful setting and it'd be one hell of a party.

OUDoc
9/30/2009, 02:26 PM
Rio should, then Chicago.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
9/30/2009, 02:27 PM
Tulsa...I keed

I think it goes Rio and then Chicago second. It was just in Asia last summer and would have had 20 years between North American stops.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
9/30/2009, 02:28 PM
Rio should, then Chicago.

Beat me by seconds. :mad: :D

JLEW1818
9/30/2009, 02:28 PM
I hope Chicago... gotta go with the USA

Gresho Murford
9/30/2009, 02:37 PM
what would chicago do with a new stadium

NormanPride
9/30/2009, 02:59 PM
No love for Tokyo?

Boomer_Sooner_sax
9/30/2009, 02:59 PM
what would chicago do with a new stadium

The Cubs...blasphemy I know, but I think that is what would eventually happen with it.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
9/30/2009, 03:00 PM
No love for Tokyo?

IMO, too close in time and geography to the Beijing games.

Boarder
9/30/2009, 03:17 PM
I'd bet on Rio. The time is right.

Gresho Murford
9/30/2009, 03:26 PM
The Cubs...blasphemy I know, but I think that is what would eventually happen with it.

Im talking about olympic stadium. That would be too big for a baseball stadium. How old is soldier field?

JohnnyMack
9/30/2009, 03:28 PM
About 3 years old.

What does any city do with its olympic stadium?

Jello Biafra
9/30/2009, 03:29 PM
Im talking about olympic stadium. That would be too big for a baseball stadium. How old is soldier field?

easy killer...i would certainly drive to chitown to bury mccaskey in the parking lot if they took us out of soldier field.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
9/30/2009, 03:33 PM

Atlanta reconfigured their Olypmic Stadium for the Braves and that is where they play at today. Same for Montreal. It would probably be reconfigured to house the Cubs if anything when they are finished if it is built. That or use Soldier field and reconfigure it.

Gresho Murford
9/30/2009, 03:37 PM
Atlanta reconfigured their Olypmic Stadium for the Braves and that is where they play at today. Same for Montreal. It would probably be reconfigured to house the Cubs if anything when they are finished if it is built. That or use Soldier field and reconfigure it.

Wow i did not know that.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
9/30/2009, 03:51 PM
Wow i did not know that.

Yeah, Turner Field is where they held all of the track and field events as well as the opening and closing ceromonies. Part of the deal was to reconfigure the stadium for the Braves, hence the open outfield and give Ted Turner the naming rights, hence, he named it after himself. There is still a lot of Olympic artifacts in the area around the ballpark.

King Crimson
9/30/2009, 03:52 PM
i'm just curious on what anyone could be basing their opinion among these global cities?

unless the Olympic Committee is buying you crazy 1000$ an hour hookers, what can any of this be based on?

part of the globalization of economy in general is that national BS doesn't mean as much (except to regressive GOP types trying to win votes and then justify wars overseas in terms of "national interest"). that and juicing. who watches the Olympics anymore?

that boner Cold War stuff is over.

Harry Beanbag
9/30/2009, 04:41 PM
I would say Rio, but since it's supposed to happen 3 1/2 years after the end of the planet it doesn't really matter. :)

royalfan5
9/30/2009, 04:56 PM
i'm just curious on what anyone could be basing their opinion among these global cities?

unless the Olympic Committee is buying you crazy 1000$ an hour hookers, what can any of this be based on?

part of the globalization of economy in general is that national BS doesn't mean as much (except to regressive GOP types trying to win votes and then justify wars overseas in terms of "national interest"). that and juicing. who watches the Olympics anymore?

that boner Cold War stuff is over.I watch the Olympics. Especially the Winter Ones. I like watching competitions.

JohnnyMack
9/30/2009, 05:03 PM

The same reason I watch every single college bowl game I can. The same reason I'll watch a Rangers/White Sox game in July. The same reason I watch any sport. Competition. I enjoy sports.

We all know the bidding process for the Olympics is corrupt. That's not the point.

Go cry emo kid.

1890MilesToNorman
9/30/2009, 05:16 PM
I want gladiators and lions! This running and jumping stuff don't cut it no more.

Let Rio have it.

Octavian
9/30/2009, 06:10 PM

yeah that national BS doesn't mean anything to a sporting event based on all those nations getting together and competing against other nations....

what? if you don't watch the Olympics thats cool w/ me...but there are TV-less hut dwelling people in the 4th world that could've called junk on that

oh...and tire tariffs from regressive political parties trying to score political points based on "national interest" are also about....um....national BS

go Chicago

King Crimson
9/30/2009, 06:14 PM
don't stop believing...

Whet
9/30/2009, 09:28 PM
Rio! Keep it out of Chicago!!!

sooneron
10/1/2009, 09:19 AM
I don't really care where they have it.

Will I watch some of it? Yes
A lot? No

I like the winter sports better FTMP. The only advantage to summer games is the bendy chicks in gymnastics. Sadly, they're all jail bait...
I dig-
Downhill, GS, Slalom, moguls, bobsled, yes, even the luge. That reminds me, I gotta take the fam up to Whiteface one of these days and try out the boblsed run that they have open.

I Am Right
10/1/2009, 09:21 AM
Chicago, the IOC does not want to be called racist.

royalfan5
10/1/2009, 06:58 PM
I don't really care where they have it.

Will I watch some of it? Yes
A lot? No

I like the winter sports better FTMP. The only advantage to summer games is the bendy chicks in gymnastics. Sadly, they're all jail bait...
I dig-
Downhill, GS, Slalom, moguls, bobsled, yes, even the luge. That reminds me, I gotta take the fam up to Whiteface one of these days and try out the boblsed run that they have open.

I agree on the winter sports. Part of the attraction for me to the winter sports is the fact that they are almost all a bad idea. Take skeleton for instance. Strapping yourself to sled going down a mountain feet first wasn't enough, they had to invent a head first version.

Ike
10/1/2009, 07:07 PM
I'd love to have another excuse to go visit Chicago.

However, if they do come to Chicago, I think a few events will need to be added to give it that local 'flair'.

Things like
Bribe-taking
Looking-the-other-way
Union-strongarming
Late-season-choking (The Cubs would be an obvious favorite, but they'd still find a way to lose)

royalfan5
10/1/2009, 07:09 PM
I'd love to have another excuse to go visit Chicago.

However, if they do come to Chicago, I think a few events will need to be added to give it that local 'flair'.

Things like
Bribe-taking
Looking-the-other-way
Union-strongarming
Late-season-choking

I'd look forward to some White Sox fan tackling a kenyan marathon runner just short of the finish line.

Whet
10/1/2009, 08:34 PM
take a look at this site - it also provides an answer to what happens to the stadiums.

http://chicagoansforrio.com/

stoopified
10/1/2009, 08:52 PM
Tehran.O will covince the world that Iran will play nice if awarded the Olympics.

49r
10/2/2009, 09:16 AM
http://www.chicago2016.org/our-plan/proposed-venues.aspx

Overview of the proposed facilities and what they would be used for after the olympics.

They seem vague on what the olympic stadium would be repurposed for afterwards, but I would be shocked if any of the pro sports teams in Chicago would move there. Except maybe the MLS team?

Half a Hundred
10/2/2009, 09:27 AM
Rio. The moral argument of "you're ignoring the Global South" is far too compelling. That the opening ceremonies will essentially be a huge Carnival with plenty of half-naked women isn't a bad lure, either.

King Crimson
10/2/2009, 10:05 AM
Go cry emo kid.

that is pretty funny. your hard-on for me is not that impressive. even Rush brings nonsense that's better than that.

badger
10/2/2009, 10:21 AM
Media reports say that Tokyo is going to get dropping in early voting. About the only thing unique about their bid is the environmental impact... zzzzz.

Madrid will probably be the next one to go. Having the 2012 Olympics in London means that they can't return to Europe right away. About the only thing they have on the other countries is that their infrastructure is all set up and that their aging 89-year-old former IOC leader is begging for it.

It will come down to Rio or Chicago. Hate Obama or not, he draws an audience anytime he speaks and he gave a really good plea to get Chicago the Olympics. Chicago's downfall will be worldwide anti-American thoughts and the fact that we get these games in our country a lot, both winter and summer. Another concern is traveling restrictions for foreigners - a lot of security to get by to visit - which was brought up during final pitches.

I don't think the Olympics can avoid South America much longer and Rio would be a good city to have the first South American Olympics. This is the most compelling argument given and I don't think it's one that the IOC can ignore (unless they've been bribed, heh). They have very good plans in place and the only concern left is security, which a bunch of money should solve, heh :D

So... Rio is my vote. This will leave Tulsa's longshot bid for the 2020 games alive.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
10/2/2009, 10:32 AM
According to cnn.com, Chicago is the first one out it looks like.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
10/2/2009, 10:37 AM
Oh no, there goes Tokyo!

Petro-Sooner
10/2/2009, 10:46 AM
Rio would be cool.

JohnnyMack
10/2/2009, 11:04 AM
that is pretty funny. your hard-on for me is not that impressive. even Rush brings nonsense that's better than that.

Oh get over yourself. You take life way too seriously. Go get a hobby...other than raging against the establishment.

badger
10/2/2009, 11:12 AM
I think the sentiment of "The USA gets everything" won out. And really, we do... we just had the 2002 Winter Games and the 1996 Summer Games, so it's not like we haven't hosted in awhile.

I still think Rio takes it. Spain is too close to Britain, as previous European wars have demonstrated :D

49r
10/2/2009, 11:34 AM
Totally on board with Rio over Madrid. Naked chicks. 'Nuff said!

Petro-Sooner
10/2/2009, 11:50 AM
Rio will host.

Whet
10/2/2009, 11:52 AM
Ha! Corrupt Chicago voted out on the first round! Too bad, so sad - Barry and da Mayor!

tommieharris91
10/2/2009, 01:23 PM
Ha! Corrupt Chicago voted out on the first round! Too bad, so sad - Barry and da Mayor!

Guess they didn't bribe the committee enough.

silverwheels
10/2/2009, 01:50 PM
So what will the over/under on kidnappings in Rio be? The IOC was going to give it to them this whole time, just because South America has never hosted the Olympics. Weak.

I Am Right
10/2/2009, 02:03 PM
Those Damn IOC Racists! Jesse Jackson just said "he is going to investigate".

BermudaSooner
10/2/2009, 02:09 PM
I'm glad our Commander and Chief didn't set himself up and run all the way over there only to get voted out right away....uh, whoops.

TheHumanAlphabet
10/2/2009, 02:14 PM
Those Damn IOC Racists! Jesse Jackson just said "he is going to investigate".

I bet ole Jesse is going to storm their offices and claim they're racists and then make them pay him some fee to go away... ;)

badger
10/2/2009, 02:19 PM
I bet ole Jesse is going to storm there offices and claim they're racists and then make them pay him some fee to go away... ;)

OK, we can play this game since it's Friday.

Not only will Jesse Jackson protest the fact that they didn't vote for Obama/Chicago, but for the fact that the Olympics are clearly showing a bias against both African-Americans and Africans... after Rio got the 2016 bid, that means Africa is the only continent with people (sorry to the penguins of Antarctica) that has not hosted an Olympics!

;)

JohnnyMack
10/2/2009, 02:26 PM
The thing to remember about Rio is that they're hosting the World Cup in '14. That's going to be almost as big a logistical/security nightmare as the Olympics will be.

tommieharris91
10/2/2009, 02:40 PM
The thing to remember about Rio is that they're hosting the World Cup in '14. That's going to be almost as big a logistical/security nightmare as the Olympics will be.

I was just thinking about that. It also means they should have some infrastructure and experience for this. I'm sure Brazil mentioned this to the IOC.

TheHumanAlphabet
10/2/2009, 03:02 PM

They can just reuse the stadiums...

All the beggar kids and the pick pockets will have practice... ;)

Okla-homey
10/2/2009, 03:59 PM
Nanner nanner. BHO lost his mojo. More importantly, "Queen of All Media" Ms. Winfrey wasted a trip too;)

Now, as to Rio. Has anyone wondered why you would have Summer Games in the Southern Hemisphere? I mean, its winter in Rio during Northern Hemisphere summer.

GottaHavePride
10/2/2009, 04:12 PM
Nanner nanner. BHO lost his mojo. More importantly, "Queen of All Media" Ms. Winfrey wasted a trip too;)

Now, as to Rio. Has anyone wondered why you would have Summer Games in the Southern Hemisphere? I mean, its winter in Rio during Northern Hemisphere summer.

I would hope they'd be smart enough to schedule the summer games during Rio's summer...

JohnnyMack
10/2/2009, 04:17 PM
Weather is supposed to be in the mid 70s to low 80s.

Frozen Sooner
10/2/2009, 04:27 PM
It's amazing people can't comprehend "Politics Aside..."

It's also amazing that some people are so ate up that they'd openly root against America in something simply because the President supported it.

Irony intended, of course. :D

tommieharris91
10/2/2009, 04:50 PM

It's also amazing that some people are so ate up that they'd openly root against America in something simply because the President supported it.

[Rush Limbaugh]I HOPE HE FAILS!!![/Rush Limbaugh]

Okla-homey
10/2/2009, 04:57 PM

C'mon. You must know by now that what's bad for BHO is, by definition, good for America. ;)

GottaHavePride
10/2/2009, 05:24 PM
A guy I know from Chicago summed this up really well this morning.

"Yeah, it would have been a pain in the ***, and made an already-congested city even MORE congested, but it would have been nice to give all the dirty foreigners a reason to LIKE the USA, even if it's just for a couple of weeks."

And really, even though Obama had absolutely zip to do with actually making the proposal to the IOC, if he hadn't gone in support of Chicago's bid, every Obama hater on here would have been shouting "Why does Obama hate America and the Olympics?" Since he DID go in support, now it's all his fault that the bid failed.

Funny.

GrapevineSooner
10/2/2009, 05:34 PM
I really don't care one way or the other. I don't have a problem with Obama promoting Chicago's bid and I wouldn't have had a problem if he chose to stay home.

What I find funny is somehow, some way to a select few people on the left (at least in the Twitterverse), this is Bush's fault.

Okla-homey
10/2/2009, 06:59 PM
Let's just agree, BHO had an overinflated opinion of himself and his influence going in to this. Perhaps not entirely his fault, as I doubt he's ever been told "fuggitaboutit" in his life.

That, and being constantly surrounded by adoring sychophants will do that to a person.

Anyway, I'm summing this all up as the "Audacity of Dope." This guy who writes for The Times (London) nailed it.

Obama’s Olympic failure will only add to doubts about his presidency

Tim Reid in Washington - The Times

There has been a growing narrative taking hold about Barack Obama’s presidency in recent weeks: that he is loved by many, but feared by none; that he is full of lofty vision, but is actually achieving nothing with his grandiloquence.

Chicago’s dismal showing yesterday, after Mr Obama’s personal, impassioned last-minute pitch, is a stunning humiliation for this President. It cannot be emphasised enough how this will feed the perception that on the world stage he looks good — but carries no heft.

It was only the Olympic Games, the White House will argue — not a high-stakes diplomatic gamble with North Korea. It is always worthwhile when Mr Obama sells America to the rest of the world, David Axelrod, his chief political adviser, said today. But that argument will fall on deaf ears in the US. Americans want their presidents to be winners.

Mr Obama was greeted — as usual — like a rock star by the IOC delegates in Copenhagen — then humiliated by them. Perception is reality. A narrow defeat for Chicago would have been acceptable — but the sheer scale of the defeat was a bombshell, and is a major blow for Mr Obama at a time when questions are being asked about his style of governance.

At home, it is difficult to turn on a television and not see Mr Obama giving a press conference, or an interview, or at a town hall rally, in his all-out effort to sell his troubled reform the US health insurance system. After three months of enormous exposure, Mr Obama has achieved this: the growing likelihood of ramming a Bill through Congress with — at most — just one Republican vote.

Abroad, Mr Obama promised in his Inauguration address to engage America’s enemies, and he has done just that. He has very little to show for it. Yes, Iran took part in bilateral talks with the US this week over its nuclear weapons programme — but that is something Tehran has wanted for years. There is still a very good chance that the meetings will prove to be an exercise in futility and a time-wasting ploy by Tehran.

Mr Obama also scrapped a plan for a missile defence shield in the Czech Republic and Poland, hoping to get in return Russian co-operation behind new sanctions against Tehran. There was optimism when President Medvedev said “sanctions are seldom productive, but they are sometimes inevitable”. Yet Vladimir Putin, and the Chinese, remain fiercely opposed to sanctions.

Meanwhile, America and its allies are being forced to witness a very public agonising by Mr Obama and his advisers over his Afghan strategy — six months after he announced that strategy.

This has all added to the perception that Mr Obama’s soaring rhetoric — which captured the imagination during last year’s election — is simply not enough when it comes to confronting the myriad challenges of the presidency. His spectacular Olympic failure will only add to that.

silverwheels
10/2/2009, 07:12 PM
I would hope they'd be smart enough to schedule the summer games during Rio's summer...

Nope, the IOC wants the Summer games to take place in the Northern Hemisphere's Summer, although the Sydney games started in their Winter and ended in Spring. These games will take place in August.

Doha's bid was initially evaluated with a higher score than Rio, but they were cut from the official candidates list because they wanted to hold the games in October when it's not 110+ degrees everyday.

They're already talking about holding the 2020 games in Africa, so Tulsa might want to look into relocating there.

Whet
10/2/2009, 08:25 PM
Drudge Report headline:

THE EGO HAS LANDED
WORLD REJECTS OBAMA: CHICAGO OUT IN FIRST ROUND (http://www.reuters.com/article/olympicsNews/idUSN0232140920091002)

I Am Right
10/2/2009, 08:26 PM
Politics, who do you think gets the 2016 Olympic Games?

Fixed.

Petro-Sooner
10/2/2009, 08:31 PM
Thanks Wheels. I was wondering about the timing since they are below the equator.

olevetonahill
10/2/2009, 10:09 PM
A few Vet Observations

So looks like we can have the Winter Olympics and the Summer Olympics at the same time . Hence saving Programing time :D

The IOC are wise folks. They know theres less crime in Rio than Chicago :eek:

Leroy Lizard
10/2/2009, 10:53 PM
Obama loves to play the role of the narcissist lifeguard. "Step aside everyone, I am trained to handle these situations! You do have the camera rolling, don't you?"

olevetonahill
10/3/2009, 05:08 AM
Leroy missed the Politics thing to huh ?

49r
10/3/2009, 11:02 AM
Isn't Rio close enough to the equator to make what "season" it is pretty much irrelevant?

royalfan5
10/3/2009, 11:17 AM
Isn't Rio close enough to the equator to make what "season" it is pretty much irrelevant?
On average the winter is 4 degrees celcius colder than the summer. So I don't think it is going to matter much.

Half a Hundred
10/3/2009, 01:49 PM
Obama's actions were completely irrelevant. It was all about the moral argument of the Southern Hemisphere being ignored by the Northern Hemisphere. Lula, the president of Brazil, is an actual socialist, you know...

Okla-homey
10/3/2009, 01:53 PM
Obama's actions were completely irrelevant. It was all about the moral argument of the Southern Hemisphere being ignored by the Northern Hemisphere. Lula, the president of Brazil, is an actual socialist, you know...

So WTF did the President and his entourage bother to take the time and fly Air Force One to Denmark, at great expense to the US taxpayer, to make the historic* pitch?

*no US president has ever personally lobbied the IOC on behalf of a US city.

Penguin
10/3/2009, 02:32 PM
Honestly, I think Chicago has a real shot.

Half a Hundred
10/3/2009, 02:58 PM
So WTF did the President and his entourage bother to take the time and fly Air Force One to Denmark, at great expense to the US taxpayer, to make the historic* pitch?

*no US president has ever personally lobbied the IOC on behalf of a US city.

Other policy implications, possibly to promote internationalism, might have just wanted a vacation... it could be for a million reasons.

You'd have to ask him personally. I'm not a mind reader.

Okla-homey
10/3/2009, 07:02 PM
Other policy implications, possibly to promote internationalism, might have just wanted a vacation... it could be for a million reasons.

You'd have to ask him personally. I'm not a mind reader.

"internationalism" is code for puss-ism. Like "vegetarian" is an old Indian word for the member of the tribe who was a hopelessly ineffective hunter.:D

JohnnyMack
10/4/2009, 07:50 AM
What part of "politics aside" don't you dip****s get?

Okla-homey
10/4/2009, 08:10 AM
What part of "politics aside" don't you dip****s get?

the IOC is, first and foremost, a political body. It's well documented the IOC makes decisions based on political considerations, political intrigue, and whose palms get greased by whom and for how much. Thus, it's impossible to tease politics out of the IOC's actions.

JohnnyMack
10/4/2009, 08:26 AM
I started the thread and the thread was about the cities, not the IOC or an Obama circlejerk.

Penguin
10/4/2009, 11:14 AM
When do they make the announcement? I just bought $25,000 worth of "Chicago 2016" merchandise yesterday.

Solid gold investment if you ask me.

Frozen Sooner
10/4/2009, 11:31 AM
When do they make the announcement? I just bought $25,000 worth of "Chicago 2016" merchandise yesterday.

Solid gold investment if you ask me.

Back in 1980-something my family plowed some money into some condos at Alyeska in anticipation of the almost-sure "Anchorage 1992" games.

Whoops.

On the bright side, I had someplace to stay in Girdwood when I went skiing.

I Am Right
10/4/2009, 01:09 PM
I started the thread and the thread was about the cities, not the IOC or an Obama circlejerk.

then name the thread "which CITY do you think gets the 2016 Olympic Games"?

JohnnyMack
10/4/2009, 01:21 PM
then name the thread "which CITY do you think gets the 2016 Olympic Games"?

I put the politics aside in there because I thought you people would take that as a que to talk about the cities. Clearly I have too much faith in common sense.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/4/2009, 01:21 PM
They can just reuse the stadiums...

All the beggar kids, KIDNAPPERS and pocket pickers will have practice... ;)improved?

badger
10/4/2009, 03:59 PM
I am happy for Rio and for the southern hemisphere (wait does Australia not count? lulz) getting the Olympics. NormanPride and I will not attend, because of the city's rep as being outta control, but hey, there's always London 2012 and the Canadian games in 2010.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/4/2009, 04:27 PM
I am happy for Rio and for the southern hemisphere (wait does Australia not count? lulz) getting the Olympics. NormanPride and I will not attend, because of the city's rep as being outta control, but hey, there's always London 2012 and the Canadian games in 2010.If they wanna score REALLy BIG, Rio ought to schedule the Olympics just before Carnaval!

Sooner24
10/4/2009, 05:38 PM
Guess they didn't bribe the committee enough.

ACORN didn't have time to get everything in place to help Chicago win the bid.

I Am Right
10/4/2009, 08:41 PM
I put the politics aside in there because I thought you people would take that as a que to talk about the cities. Clearly I have too much faith in common sense.

I am a "you people"

Collier11
10/4/2009, 09:45 PM
I say RIO, hands down...just a hunch

Half a Hundred
10/5/2009, 06:35 AM
I am happy for Rio and for the southern hemisphere (wait does Australia not count? lulz)

Australia's in the S. Hemisphere, but not in the "Global South", that is, Australia's run by people of Northern European descent.

badger
10/5/2009, 08:52 AM
Australia's in the S. Hemisphere, but not in the "Global South", that is, Australia's run by people of Northern European descent.

I know :D I was just having fun. I'm sure South America will enjoy this opportunity to showcase themselves to the world, much like China did

sooneron
10/6/2009, 02:19 PM
Perhaps not entirely his fault, as I doubt he's ever been told "fuggitaboutit" in his life.

You're kidding, right? This coming from a guy that had a mile high hard on for W back in 04. Irony at it's best. [shakes head and walks away]

Frozen Sooner
10/6/2009, 02:31 PM
You're kidding, right? This coming from a guy that had a mile high hard on for W back in 04. Irony at it's best. [shakes head and walks away]

C'mon ron. Don't you know that half-black children of single mothers get ALL the breaks in life?

sooneron
10/6/2009, 02:35 PM
C'mon ron. Don't you know that half-black children of single mothers get ALL the breaks in life?

Well, I'm quite sure they got all the breaks back in the 60's! :rolleyes: