PDA

View Full Version : Do you feel even a little sorry for Ponyboy?

Jacie
9/30/2009, 09:11 AM
For two years in a row Colt McCoy produced Heisman-like statistics, only to see that trophy go to someone else. This year, with both previous winners still playing, he enters the season as one of the top three contenders for it. Seemingly everything was falling into place for Colt as first one, then the other previous Heisman winner was injured early in the season. Surely, this must be Colt's year to win the Heisman. Or is it?

The whorns have played four games, three of those were nonconference cupcakes. To some degree, Colt's numbers are where one would expect at this point. He averages over 285 yards passing per game and has thrown for 9 touchdowns. However, the only reason he is considered a front-runner for the Heisman at this point is due more to preseason hype than where he sits among the statistical leaders in offensive production.

Where he ranks

Total yardage: 8th (1,145)
Yards/game: 11th (286.2)
Touchdowns: T-8th (9)

Colt has already had 5 passes picked off, compared to 8 for all of last year. Also, Mack has reigned him in somewhat, Colt's rushing average is much lower than the previous two seasons.

Despite seeing two favorites among the contenders drop back due to injuries, new contenders are stepping up each week. There is more, not less competition for the Heisman this year (See thread titled Case Keenum, who in 3 games has thrown for more yards than Colt has in 4 and averages 100 yards per game more).

The Ghost of Mex
9/30/2009, 09:19 AM
HEdoublehockysticks NO!!!

Boomer.....
9/30/2009, 09:21 AM
No

badger
9/30/2009, 09:22 AM
He has the job that many kids in the state of Texas push themselves from birth to achieve. He has the adoration and coddling of billions (ok, maybe millions) of UT alums and fans. He gets a free education that many people take thousands of dollars of student loans to get.He will graduate debt-free and have job prospects immediately out of college that could reach six or seven figures annually.

On the other hand, he's completed a few passes to guys on the wrong team.

:D

kbsooner21
9/30/2009, 09:22 AM
Why the **** would I feel sorry for him?

Mississippi Sooner
9/30/2009, 09:24 AM
Colt McCoy?

Isn't he Chris Simms' little brother?

badger
9/30/2009, 09:25 AM
Why the **** would I feel sorry for him?

Also, he has yet to acquire some little statue that only 73 people in the world have acquired. But, it's not like it's rare, they keep handing them out year after year, so what's the big deal?

:D:D

KantoSooner
9/30/2009, 09:26 AM
Compared to Timmy T.? Yes, I feel Colt's pain.
Compared to the other 99.9~% of humanity? No.

MiccoMacey
9/30/2009, 09:27 AM
For two years in a row Colt McCoy produced Heisman-like statistics, only to see that trophy go to someone else.

False. His stats his sophomore year were garbage. He had only 3300 yards, and 22 touchdowns versus 17 interceptions.

He missed out only on last year.

This year is far from over. Very few people have excluded themselves from any pre-season list they were on because no one from those lists has actually stepped up and made a solid case for why they're the clear front-running favorite.

This includes Sam.

badger
9/30/2009, 09:31 AM
Finally, he's had to run a little bit less than previous years. This could actually be seen as a positive, because running is often used as punishment in sports, is it not?

:D:D:D

The Ghost of Mex
9/30/2009, 09:31 AM
HEdoublehockysticks NO!!!

If you want that trophy...you go get that trophy. He's not entitled to jack and I am thus far unimpressed, as usual. Maybe SB can text him a picture of his with a little:D.

beer4me
9/30/2009, 09:39 AM
Colt seems to be a great guy and not fake like tbus and Sam likes him.

But feel sorry for him no not even a little bit he still plays for fexus.

I feel sorry for Sam.

rawlingsHOH
9/30/2009, 09:49 AM
False. His stats his sophomore year were garbage. He had only 3300 yards, and 22 touchdowns versus 17 interceptions.

This!

Collier11
9/30/2009, 09:50 AM
if he had to have his balls removed in an emergency surgical procedure I would feel bad for him, the fact that he isnt having a great season yet, who cares! THIS IS BIG 12 FOOTBALL BROTHER!! :D

yermom
9/30/2009, 10:07 AM
if they win out or only drop like one game, it's probably his, unless his stats are really average

Jello Biafra
9/30/2009, 10:19 AM
why would we feel sorry for him? he seems to have reigned in the problem with the fever blisters. at least now we know hes stopped kissing on those nasty boys.

MeMyself&Me
9/30/2009, 10:29 AM
Why would I feel sorry for Colt? He gets to play to prove is worth for that Trophy while Sam sits on the sideline. If Colt's not playing well enough, so be it. If there's anyone to feel sorry for, it's Sam.

85sooners
9/30/2009, 10:31 AM
**** all whorns and their fans!!!!!!!!

badger
9/30/2009, 10:33 AM
On the other hand, he has to wear burnt orange.

:( poor colt.

StoopTroup
9/30/2009, 10:34 AM
Key words are always important.

Heisman-like statistics

MeMyself&Me
9/30/2009, 10:44 AM
On the other hand, he has to wear burnt orange.

:( poor colt.

LOL, I could feel sorry for him for that. Reminds me of when Sam asked him during that Gameday interview if he 'really liked burnt orange'. Colt just looked like he couldn't believe he had to answer the question and said something like there are a lot of people that would give him a hard time if he didn't say that he did.

sooneron
9/30/2009, 10:44 AM
Colt? No
I do feel sorry for Robert Griffin, tho. Kid's season is over.

OUmillenium
9/30/2009, 11:32 AM
I respect Colt and like him a little more than the average whorn.

Not really upset that he is not leading the Heisman race right now, sort of like Tim T Messiah getting hurt.

Lets hope molLester beats the gators.

TexasLidig8r
9/30/2009, 12:06 PM
Colt? No
I do feel sorry for Robert Griffin, tho. Kid's season is over.

This.

Yes. so far Colt's numbers have been off.. he's only completing 69% of his passes.

MojoRisen
9/30/2009, 12:06 PM
Texas hasn't had to show anything on offense yet. Kind of like the days we were holding back until Texas - toying with teams and wining by a smaller margin then 65-10

badger
9/30/2009, 12:24 PM
LOL, I could feel sorry for him for that. Reminds me of when Sam asked him during that Gameday interview if he 'really liked burnt orange'. Colt just looked like he couldn't believe he had to answer the question and said something like there are a lot of people that would give him a hard time if he didn't say that he did.

I saw that. Colt won't say he hates it, but it's probably the reason so many top recruits leave the state... that and scholly limits of 25 :D

Widescreen
9/30/2009, 12:54 PM
This.

Yes. so far Colt's numbers have been off.. he's only completing 69% of his passes.

Handoffs should not be included in passing percentages.

MeMyself&Me
9/30/2009, 01:03 PM
I saw that. Colt won't say he hates it, but it's probably the reason so many top recruits leave the state... that and scholly limits of 25 :D

What's interesting is that someone had to actually intentionally make that the school color... as in someone actually thought "I think baby **** is a good color for Texas". School loyalties aside, is there an uglier color in sports?

stoopified
9/30/2009, 01:09 PM
As soon as I stop laughing,I WILL shead a tear for him.

badger
9/30/2009, 01:09 PM
What's interesting is that someone had to actually intentionally make that the school color... as in someone actually thought "I think baby **** is a good color for Texas". School loyalties aside, is there an uglier color in sports?

Texas actually posted the story behind choosing that shade of orange on their site... rather than give their university some more hits, here's the Cliff's Notes version:

1- Before replica jerseys, there were ribbons. People would wear ribbons to games in the same color to show that they were all from the same group. Texas baseball fans nearly boarded a train to a game outta state when someone realized "Hey, nobody will know we're jackarse whorn fans without ribbons!" So, they got some white and orange (because nobody liked orange back then, either, so there was tons available) ribbons for the trip.

2- Later in life, regular, normal orange was the Texas color of choice. However, because Texas' athletic program had not grown to its "We have so much money Bevo eats and sh!ts it every minute" status, they had cheap arse garments with colors that would run. Thus, Texas orange was turning yellow... and Texas fans are sensitive to yellow-bellied comments, see.

3- Thus, a darker orange of craptitude was produced to survive washing in hot water (because their mommas never taught them how to wash color loads) for an entire season.

Thus, burnt orange.

TexasLidig8r
9/30/2009, 01:57 PM
Burnt orange and the Longhorn logo are some of the most recognized icons in college sports.

You see burnt orange and there is no mistaking Texas.

You see the Longhorns logo.. and you know.

Unlike if red was one of your color schemes in which a brazillion other schools have the same color.

Of course.. your fight song IS unique... it mainly only has 2 words (keep it simple for the fan base!)

OH WAIT! No. .your fight song is NOT unique...

You stole THAT from Yale's buula buula song!!!

My GOD!!

You are even a FIGHT SONG THIEF!!!

HAVE YOU NO PRIDE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

MeMyself&Me
9/30/2009, 02:00 PM
You see baby **** and know it's * because no one else wants to wear baby ****.

Gresho Murford
9/30/2009, 02:02 PM
Atleast I don't hear OUs fight song when I put in a childrens CD

I Am Right
9/30/2009, 02:06 PM
Texas SUCKS and so does ponyboy.

fadada1
9/30/2009, 02:07 PM
Burnt orange and the Longhorn logo are some of the most recognized icons in college sports.

Unlike if red was one of your color schemes in which a brazillion other schools have the same color.

Of course.. your fight song IS unique... it mainly only has 2 words (keep it simple for the fan base!)

My GOD!!

and you had to steal an OKIE to produce a winning program!!!;) :D

aside from it being sept 30, and we shouldn't say "heisman" until halloween:

1-tebow shouldn't even be considered to this point in the season. i heard someone on espin state that "tebow has the numbers." now i'm not sure which numbers to which they were refering. maybe lottery numbers, but surely NOT top QB numbers.

2-and most importantly: colt is someone we love to hate, and hate to love. he and sam are what is great about college football and competition. imo, colt is much like major applewhite in the eyes of Sooners. a pure competitor and a winner. we hate him because he's good, but we'd take him on our team if he had grown up a Sooner fan. if sam can't win another heisman, i'd rather it go to colt than tebow. as long as he has one bad game in 2 weeks.

now, if you'll excuse me while i wash my mouth out with soap.

badger
9/30/2009, 02:19 PM

If it was worth claiming then others would claim it... much like Wyoming's brown and yellow:
http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/wyo/sports/m-footbl/auto_action/3348052.jpeg
:rolleyes:

And let the record show Lid did not dispute my account of their color of choice origin.

CrimsonJim
9/30/2009, 02:25 PM
For two years in a row Colt McCoy produced Heisman-like statistics, only to see that trophy go to someone else.

Not so. His 2007 stats actually fell off from his 2006 stats. His percentage was down, his TD passes were down, his inerceptions were UP, and his QB rating was down.

And to answer the question, hail no!

JLEW1818
9/30/2009, 02:27 PM
so 06/08 were good years for him... and the beat OU

07 was bad and he lost to OU.... 09 = ???

Jdog
9/30/2009, 03:56 PM
T-bow gonna win. cuz hed gonna cumd bac prum haben heds haad zammind an fxd

CrimsonJim
9/30/2009, 04:02 PM
That's easy for you to say. :D

OPSEC
9/30/2009, 04:50 PM
T-bow gonna win. cuz hed gonna cumd bac prum haben heds haad zammind an fxd

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with some of the posts. Dont think Tubeles really has the numbers and PonyBoy just seems inconsistent.....Like he is pressing. Do i feel sorry for him? Did anybody feel sorry when AD didnt win it?

So hellla no!

OUAlumni1990
9/30/2009, 05:31 PM
nope, don't feel one bit sorry for him

RedstickSooner
9/30/2009, 05:39 PM
Normally, I'd giggle 'til I wet myself at his failing, what with him being QB for Uterus. However, it seems he and Sam are friends -- and that makes me very conflicted. It seems wrong to indulge in schadenfreude when our Great Football Hero counts the victim amongst his buddies.

AlbqSooner
9/30/2009, 08:05 PM
He will graduate debt-free and have job prospects immediately out of college that could reach six or seven figures annually.
:D

Umm, I am thinking if he makes six figures he will be sucking big time. 7 or 8 figures is a bit closer to his prospects.

bluedogok
9/30/2009, 09:23 PM
If it was worth claiming then others would claim it... much like Wyoming's brown and yellow:
http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/wyo/sports/m-footbl/auto_action/3348052.jpeg
:rolleyes:

And let the record show Lid did not dispute my account of their color of choice origin.
Those could be (Austin) Crockett H.S. uniforms.

MeMyself&Me
9/30/2009, 09:31 PM
Those could be (Austin) Crockett H.S. uniforms.

Is there something in the water in Austin that makes people colorblind?

Flagstaffsooner
9/30/2009, 10:03 PM
http://www.trademarkportfolio.net/farks/coltmanfu.jpg

Fear the stache!

bluedogok
9/30/2009, 11:31 PM
Is there something in the water in Austin that makes people colorblind?
I think Crockett has gone more "gold" than yellow in recent years, they are pretty ugly.

The Hutto Hippos are burnt orange, what was funny is when I had my MSF class up there the room that the class was held in had all sorts of OU stuff in it. Someone said that was an assistant coaches classroom and he was from OU.

TheUnnamedSooner
10/1/2009, 03:21 PM
Where he ranks

Total yardage: 8th (1,145)
Yards/game: 11th (286.2)
Touchdowns: T-8th (9)

Colt has already had 5 passes picked off, compared to 8 for all of last year.

Heh. Landry also has 9 TD passes but only 3 picks.

I Am Right
10/1/2009, 03:36 PM

My GOD!!

"I've been working on the railroad"

The Ghost of Mex
10/1/2009, 04:23 PM
My Little Pony Boy...http://lh6.ggpht.com/_rZt7ODcqTjA/SsUdRC38m1I/AAAAAAAAAIo/UYEGa5dFWNc/s800/Pony%20Boy.jpg

Jello Biafra
10/1/2009, 04:27 PM

My GOD!!

hows that texas edumacation working out for ya?

by the way, until your school picks another song that isn't played at damn near every square dance fight, we have scoreboard on you in this arena.

Fugg Off horn

VA Sooner
10/2/2009, 12:15 AM
Colt's picking up speed... better outing last game, albeit UTEP.

Many games to play and a lot can happen. If he keeps his mojo against OU's D, then it's a different story. I have a feeling we'll be tipping that TD/Int ratio against his favor for the Heisman.

How he rebounds from that will determine if he's worthy of a Heisman.

utex74
10/2/2009, 12:47 AM
Colt's going to be just fine. His numbers are better than last year's at this point in the season except for that nasty interception issue. That will get fixed though.

Most important to Colt is leading this team and winning. He is still second in Heisman ratings next to Tebow, who I do believe has under-performed so far. I understand that Bradford would be up there had he not been injured and hopefully he will be back soon, as will Tebow. I want to see everyone at full strength because then we can have real bragging rights when we win it all.

Don't feel sorry for Colt. He's doing what he was bred to do from the time his father put a box of Texas soil under his crib in New Mexico. He's the quarterback for Texas. Doesn't get any better than that. With a few breaks he can win it all. Nope. Colt's doing just fine.

Crucifax Autumn
10/2/2009, 02:15 AM
2 schools that wear orange, go by the name UT, and have identical "fight songs"

Crucifax Autumn
10/2/2009, 02:19 AM
He is still second in Heisman ratings next to Tebow, who I do believe has under-performed so far.

I think the question is "WHY?????" other than pre-season hype and lingering reputation from last year. His actual numbers suck balls right now. Our backup has as much success and less picks. If he's in the Heisman race Jones should be as well. I don't think he should be at this point, but by your reasoning Landry is playing Heisman football and by the virtue of picks alone should be ahead of your hero colty.

utex74
10/2/2009, 09:11 PM
I think the question is "WHY?????" other than pre-season hype and lingering reputation from last year. His actual numbers suck balls right now. Our backup has as much success and less picks. If he's in the Heisman race Jones should be as well. I don't think he should be at this point, but by your reasoning Landry is playing Heisman football and by the virtue of picks alone should be ahead of your hero colty.

You can say the same about Tebow, but that is the way it works, at least early in the season. If the slow starts continue Colt will not be in the running and if Landry leads you to another championship I guarantee you he will. The Heisman is supposed to go to the most valuable player, not neccesarily the best. Although it seldom works that way.

(Paul Hornung was a pre-season favorite and still won when Notre Dame went 2-8 on the year. This is not relevent but it is interesting)

SPuL
10/2/2009, 10:08 PM

thank you.

ouwasp
10/3/2009, 01:32 AM
I'll feel sorry for Colt if... say, he tears an ACL or someting, WHICH I HOPE DOES NOT HAPPEN.

Otherwise, I hope he loses every tex game he plays in, except osu.