PDA

View Full Version : Does The Stache come in earlier during blowouts now?

Lott's Bandana
9/29/2009, 10:23 PM
Jus wondrin'.

LawtonBoy74
9/29/2009, 10:37 PM
I would think so..but then agian I'm not Bob Stoops

sooner59
9/30/2009, 12:16 AM
I would hope he does. If we were up by 30 in the 4th and Sam was in and got hurt....Stoops would not only lose respect from me, he would never live it down from the media. He would no longer be hassled with Bowl questions....he would become known for getting big time players hurt. That would hurt recruiting.

soonerboy_odanorth
9/30/2009, 12:37 AM
Solid 'Yes'. At this point, Bob ain't tryin' to puff up a Heisman campaign (not that he ever was). My opinion from what I have seen from Stoops is that he is going to do the Secret Service on Sam for the rest of his time at OU... that is do everything he can to protect Sam's future career. And I don't believe he ever had anything else in mind.

Side note: We see lots of silly posts complaining about how people blindly support Bob Stoops. Not sure I really have seen that myself. He endures a stinking heap of criticism on teh innerwebs. And then you spin around twice and click your heals and there he is... steady... doing what he has always done... staying the course (sometimes to his own detriment if you are critical of his undying loyalty to "V" and other consonants)... and then he is coaching the livin' carp out of his team. ... Oh, and then he's finding time to solicit favorable philanthropic articles written about himself. (What? He didn't solicit those? Those stories have found their way to mainstream despite the lack of scheduled publicity... Feh.. Give me a moment... I'm very confused.)

Errr.. wait a minute. Maybe the above is not a side note.

'stache gonna play... and win a helluvalotta games playing for one Bob Stoops.

Lucky us will get to see Sam when he is ready.

sooner59
9/30/2009, 12:58 AM
How awesome would it be if Sam was ready "if needed" but Landry got the start and just shredded Miami? Then if Sam is ready to warm up for Texas, he beats up on a Griffin-less Baylor team. Perfect scenario.

w0lfe
9/30/2009, 07:31 AM
No doubt about it. Maybe even some 3rd stringage =]

StoopTroup
9/30/2009, 07:39 AM
Absolutely.

http://vis-www.cs.umass.edu/lfw/lfw_funneled/Bob_Stoops/Bob_Stoops_0002.jpg

soonermix
9/30/2009, 09:48 AM
my question is when is the right time to take starters out of a game when you are up?

i was reading an article where they mentioned tebow getting hurt and saying in that blow out why was tebow still in? the score was something like 31-7 in the third? i don't call that a blow out.
so what is the right answer i think both me and stoops would benefit so nobody could accuse OU of running up the score ever again.

Mississippi Sooner
9/30/2009, 10:05 AM
my question is when is the right time to take starters out of a game when you are up?

i was reading an article where they mentioned tebow getting hurt and saying in that blow out why was tebow still in? the score was something like 31-7 in the third? i don't call that a blow out.
so what is the right answer i think both me and stoops would benefit so nobody could accuse OU of running up the score ever again.

Nor do I. Anyone who has watched college football for any length of time knows that a game can turn on a dime, and teams sometimes have two or three touchdown swings within a matter of minutes.

A team may feel secure at 31-7 halfway through the fourth quarter, but not during the third.

SoonerLB
9/30/2009, 10:40 AM
How awesome would it be if Sam was ready "if needed" but Landry got the start and just shredded Miami? Then if Sam is ready to warm up for Texas, he beats up on a Griffin-less Baylor team. Perfect scenario.

I like the way you think! :)

OUmillenium
9/30/2009, 11:33 AM
No, why would Stoops change his sop regarding backup qbs?

soonerborn30
9/30/2009, 11:44 AM
I read where Bob's rule for that is 7 points = 5 or 6 minutes of game clock.

OK2U
9/30/2009, 12:51 PM
um...
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa74/dlee218/OUUT.jpg

SoonerNate
9/30/2009, 03:10 PM
Where'd you guys find your fake staches? I need to pick one up in case Jones plays Saturday.

Lott's Bandana
9/30/2009, 10:02 PM
Where'd you guys find your fake staches? I need to pick one up in case Jones plays Saturday.

I recommend a waxing salon. Free, curly and a musky scent.