PDA

View Full Version : aggy band meltdown

Lott's Bandana
9/29/2009, 10:19 PM
Seems the band of orange is upset at all the attention the Grambling band got last weekend.

Hater emails to the Oklahoman and even Traber getting lit up for saying their band was awesome.

That school should wear green.

LawtonBoy74
9/29/2009, 10:39 PM
Do they honestly think they're band is better than Grambling's LMAO

What are they smoking?? They need to pass that out to the world

soonerboomer93
9/29/2009, 10:39 PM
Lol

I wouldn't complain one bit to see the Grambling State Band in person, it's one of the best bands in the land.

Boarder
9/29/2009, 11:19 PM
Same thing happens when the Fightin' Overrated Band shows up at Norman. How many fans go for the elementary school musical talent level walking straight lines rather than extremely talented students who learn to play more than quarter notes while making patterns?

Soonerus
9/29/2009, 11:24 PM
I doubt Gambling band is substantively any stronger than OSU's...they should recognize that and chill...

GottaHavePride
9/29/2009, 11:26 PM
It's not that Grambling's band is "stronger" than OSU's.

It's that the aggy band cannot get down with the funk like Grambling's band.

bri
9/29/2009, 11:27 PM
Wow, your idiocy has gone plaid.

And f*ck aggy. They suck and their band sucks.

Soonerus
9/29/2009, 11:30 PM
You dogging on GHP...wow !!!

Soonerus
9/29/2009, 11:33 PM
scared them both off !!!

GottaHavePride
9/29/2009, 11:46 PM
Hell. Yes.

0u4pndmz-70

Soonerus
9/29/2009, 11:48 PM
Does the jive out perform substance ???

Soonerus
9/29/2009, 11:54 PM
I am not sure how good that was substantively but it was entertaining...

GottaHavePride
9/29/2009, 11:56 PM
Does the jive out perform substance ???

If your job is to entertain? Hell yes.

I'd watch Grambling's band any day of the week.

I wouldn't put out Aggy's band if they were on fire.

Soonerus
9/29/2009, 11:59 PM
If your job is to entertain? Hell yes.

I'd watch Grambling's band any day of the week.

I wouldn't put out Aggy's band if they were on fire.

Ok, how does Grambling compare to the OU band ???

bri
9/30/2009, 12:02 AM
About the same. Especially since Britt sucked just about every last ounce of fun out of them.

Soonerus
9/30/2009, 12:08 AM
To be honest Grambling seemed a little gimmickry to me...

Soonerus
9/30/2009, 12:09 AM
Wait, I know I am racist for even suggesting that...

sooner59
9/30/2009, 12:12 AM
There are bands at football games? I thought halftime was food and bathroom time. I just thought we opened games with some crew we put together....didn't know everyone had one. :)

prrriiide
9/30/2009, 12:24 AM
It;s the same when the Collie Station follow-the-leader corps comes to town. Comparing Grambling to the lOSUr band is comparing apples to oranges. Comparing the jack-booted aggy band to The Pride is also apples to oranges. They are all completely different styles.

bri
9/30/2009, 01:06 AM
Wait, I know I am racist for even suggesting that...

No, but you're an *sshole for saying that.

Crucifax Autumn
9/30/2009, 01:30 AM
Well, I dunno about the rest of you, but after a little bit of watching a classic show on TV Land yesterday, I would have to say the Grambling band is probably Dyn-O-Mite!

BoomerSoonerGoOU
9/30/2009, 01:35 AM
It appears aggy band director POSTS on orangepower.com. His posts included swings and disses at the Grambling and Fightin' Texas Aggie Marching Band. What a loser. I'm not sure how long he's been the director of the OSUx band. However, they are still sh*tty. All of this coming from the director of a band that infamously mic'd themselves up to sound louder than the Pride.

unbiasedtruth
9/30/2009, 01:38 AM
Come on down the state fair of Texas for a football game other than OU/ut game. Say the Prarie View A&M / Grambling game. I have been to several of these with friends just to see their 2 bands square off at halftime and put on their shows.

Crucifax Autumn
9/30/2009, 03:02 AM
A white buddy of mine claims he got a minority scholly in addition to his football scholly at Prairie View for being white. Not sure it's true, but it matters little since he apparently flunked out and went to junior college with me and gave up football for guitar and weed.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
9/30/2009, 07:06 AM
It isn't like Gramnbling is a better playing band, but the aspect they are known for is their dancing. If that is what interests and entertains you, that is fine. I prefer to listen to the music and would rather have a band with more musical abilities than can dance. It is like going to see The Rolling Stones vs. Brittney Spears. Both play music, but one is more about the music and the other is about dancing. Anyways, just my $.02.

85sooners
9/30/2009, 07:33 AM
losers

StoopTroup
9/30/2009, 08:01 AM
loSurs

Fixed. :D

Flagstaffsooner
9/30/2009, 08:05 AM
Not sure it's true, but it matters little since he apparently flunked out and went to junior college with me and gave up football for guitar and weed.Didnt we all?:O

badger
9/30/2009, 08:11 AM
The OSU band has apparently been underfunded for awhile and has had to turn down awesome travel opportunities for overseas performances because their funding isn't comparable to other bands in the Big 12.

...wait? How do I know that? I don't, but their band director actually went on OP.com to tell Pokes about their poor bank accounts to guilt them into T.Booning them money. I don't have a link, nor do I care to sign up for an account there so I can search for it.

I think that there usually is a modest amount of whining by a hometown band that gets overshadowed by a visiting one. I'm sure everytime the OU crowd stays around for the Texas A&M band at half then leaves for the bathrooms when the OU band takes the field makes at least a few Pride members cringe.

Cheer up, sad Poke bandites. Your team doesn't totally suck for once and unlike many of the Poke bandites before you, you actually expect a bowl trip every year. So what if your crowd doesn't adore you 100 percent of the time?

fadada1
9/30/2009, 08:18 AM
It isn't like Gramnbling is a better playing band, but the aspect they are known for is their dancing. If that is what interests and entertains you, that is fine. I prefer to listen to the music and would rather have a band with more musical abilities than can dance. It is like going to see The Rolling Stones vs. Brittney Spears. Both play music, but one is more about the music and the other is about dancing. Anyways, just my $.02.
true.

don't confuse "dancing" with "quality". i saw one of the "traditionally black" bands at a game somewhere. musically, most bands like ours (or poke nation's) are far superior. bands like grambling are primarily brass and drums. they definitely have a different and harsh sound. doc severinson would suck if he played his trumpet while bouncing around. visually, the grambling-types are very busy. musically, they suck.

adding my $.02

OUMallen
9/30/2009, 08:40 AM
BAND SMACK! YES!

beer4me
9/30/2009, 08:45 AM
:pop:

sooneron
9/30/2009, 08:49 AM
BAND SMACK! YES!

yes, the football season has finally begun.

Pricetag
9/30/2009, 10:09 AM
Traber said the OSU band challenged him to come to campus and "say it to their face" today.

Gresho Murford
9/30/2009, 10:13 AM
Traber said the OSU band challenged him to come to campus and "say it to their face" today.

Haha I would love to see Traber get his *** handed to him by band geeks

7n36lYGA9Nw

Landthief 1972
9/30/2009, 11:34 AM

I have to think that confrontation would go something like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOMfTuAVOCc

OUmillenium
9/30/2009, 11:53 AM
2 cents =

I think bands pretty much all sound the same. I love watching the TexAM band do their thing and like the songs they play. I love experiencing Gramblings band show compared to others. The only thing I like about the Pride compared to other bands is that they play Oklahoma and Boomer Sooner a lot.

I Am Right
9/30/2009, 11:56 AM
Stoolwater has a band?

ouduckhunter
9/30/2009, 02:05 PM
I have to think that confrontation would go something like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOMfTuAVOCc

That about sums it up!

I Am Right
9/30/2009, 02:09 PM

"I don't have a force field around me big fella!"

badger
9/30/2009, 02:10 PM

Awww how cute they're trying to be relevant... just like their football team :D

I Am Right
9/30/2009, 02:17 PM
Awww how cute they're trying to be relevant... just like their football team :D

"you just wait till next year"

Boomer_Sooner_sax
9/30/2009, 02:19 PM
I just love how they come galloping out of the tunnel chanting O-State... :rolleyes:

I used to be able to mock them pretty good. Wish I still had the energy to do it. :D

SbOrOiNaEnR
9/30/2009, 03:15 PM
I just love how they come galloping out of the tunnel chanting O-State... :rolleyes:

Seeing that and laughing at it was always the one redeeming thing about the trip up there every other year...

...that, and usually handing their @SS to them on their idiotic East-West field.

jumperstop
9/30/2009, 05:51 PM

exactly what I wanted to say.

sooner ngintunr
9/30/2009, 06:15 PM

They both still suck.

Crimsontothecore
9/30/2009, 06:25 PM
I hear osu is a band on the rise. Just wait til next year!;)

bent rider
9/30/2009, 06:50 PM
I hear osu is a band on the rise. Just wait til next year!;)

Just you wait, once nat gas hits $6.00 again, T.Boone is going to tear down 10 square blocks of rental housing near campus to build the OSU Marching Band Village, and the resultant band will be so awesome it will make that Grambling outfit look like a kazoo troupe in a Gay Pride parade.

TheHumanAlphabet
10/1/2009, 08:45 AM
Lol

I wouldn't complain one bit to see the Grambling State Band in person, it's one of the best bands in the land.

This coming from a band that wore speaker packs on their backs in the day and actually think they can play "Oklahoma" better than the Pride? I'm not surprised...

A yes, they do have an inferiority complex.

sooneron
10/1/2009, 08:48 AM
This thread is worthless without the osu flag fag.

TheHumanAlphabet
10/1/2009, 08:49 AM
BAND SMACK! YES!

Now lets start the "Fire Brian Britt" thread all over again!!!

Lipton Tea Bags
10/1/2009, 08:54 AM
This thread is worthless without the osu flag fag.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a263/bigradiohead/cowboyflagboypx3.gif

LawtonBoy74
10/1/2009, 11:25 AM
I cant believe people are even mentioning OSU band in the same breath with Grambling State's band :eek: ....And how could someone compare OSU's band to the rolling stones :eek: WOW!! My 2 cents!! :eek:

apusooner
10/1/2009, 11:37 AM
the college i teach at uses a live rock band at some of its games. way cooler than marching band.

oklaclarinet
10/1/2009, 11:43 AM
the college i teach at uses a live rock band at some of its games. way cooler than marching band.

Blasphemy. Marching bands are part of the pagentry and tradition that makes college football what it is.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
10/1/2009, 12:22 PM
I cant believe people are even mentioning OSU band in the same breath with Grambling State's band :eek: ....And how could someone compare OSU's band to the rolling stones :eek: WOW!! My 2 cents!! :eek:

Trust me, OSU is no where near the Rolling Stones, but I was using it as a visual. How about a Rolling Stones cover band...better? :D

Socrefbek
10/1/2009, 12:30 PM
Hell. Yes.

0u4pndmz-70

Suckage. That is nothing more than a glorified dance/spirit squad. The music was crap.

:gary:

Jello Biafra
10/1/2009, 12:33 PM
Trust me, OSU is no where near the Rolling Stones, but I was using it as a visual. How about a Rolling Stones cover band...better? :D

i was thinking more along the lines of lawrence welk?

stoopified
10/1/2009, 12:49 PM
I couldn't care less about bands and their halftime performances.As far as I am concerned they are just music to pee by.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
10/1/2009, 12:52 PM
i was thinking more along the lines of lawrence welk?

Works for me!

Scott D
10/1/2009, 03:45 PM
as far as tcbu performances go, that one posted was lacking. usually the grambling st. v southern performances are legendary, but they've been pretty tame of late.

I Am Right
10/1/2009, 04:03 PM
A white buddy of mine claims he got a minority scholly in addition to his football scholly at Prairie View for being white. Not sure it's true, but it matters little since he apparently flunked out and went to junior college with me and gave up football for guitar and weed.

What the ????????

Jello Biafra
10/1/2009, 04:06 PM
cru, i can play the skin flute...you think I could get a scholly there?

Crucifax Autumn
10/1/2009, 04:25 PM
Nah...If you want a minority at a black school say you love eating *****!

Jello Biafra
10/1/2009, 04:34 PM
Nah...If you want a minority at a black school say you love eating *****!

roflmao....i bet id be REALLLY popular with the biguns.

OklaPony
10/1/2009, 04:41 PM
Yeah... but is it a MARCHING rock band?