PDA

View Full Version : Prediction: OU's receivers have a coming out party...

Soonerus
9/29/2009, 09:58 PM
...against a porous UM pass defense...

anticipation
9/29/2009, 10:07 PM
Wishful thinking and I hope you are right.

OUAlumni1990
9/29/2009, 10:09 PM
Broyles and Caleb are already doing well. But we'll see about the rest, hope you are right..

Soonerus
9/29/2009, 10:10 PM
Broyles and Caleb are already doing well. But we'll see about the rest, hope you are right..

Caleb needs to stand out in another game before we soldly declare him #2...I think he will...

CK Sooner
9/29/2009, 10:14 PM
Eric Mensic or Trent Rattaree need to show something this game.

CK Sooner
9/29/2009, 10:18 PM
Hanna tooooo.

LawtonBoy74
9/29/2009, 10:41 PM
Dont count on Tennell..but I think he'll do some good blocking for us...I just dont ever see Tennell catching consistently, since he's been at OU everytime I have ever seen him attempt to catch a ball it just seems like he is attacking it instead of showing soft hands

Soonerus
9/29/2009, 11:05 PM
Dont count on Tennell..but I think he'll do some good blocking for us...I just dont ever see Tennell catching consistently, since he's been at OU everytime I have ever seen him attempt to catch a ball it just seems like he is attacking it instead of showing soft hands

Wait he had his eyes checked today, he could be the surprise...

btk108
9/29/2009, 11:13 PM
If we ever needed a breakout game.....this is it

Soonerus
9/29/2009, 11:15 PM
Book it Dano....

UteSooner
9/29/2009, 11:18 PM
Don't forget about our o-line problems. It seems the success of the last two games has made everyone forget the BYU game. Idaho St and Tulsa weren't too much of a problem for the line, but Miami should be a more difficult challenge.

The passing game will be as good as the pass protection.

That said, I hope they have a HUGE game. A third straight shut-out would be sweet too. Heck, what did VT hold them to? Was it 7?

Soonerus
9/29/2009, 11:21 PM
Lest we forget Tulsa was one of the nations sack-leaders...before OU...

UteSooner
9/29/2009, 11:45 PM
You mean they were a sack-leader for their first 2 games (against Tulane and New Mexico)? They are a combined 1-6 right now, with the only win coming against a 1AA (or whatever) team.

I don't mean to knock Tulsa's pass rush or OU's play against it, but outside the OU game they've played push overs (add Sam Houston in there too). I just don't want to jump to conclusions about how much the o-line has progressed the last few weeks. They've come a long way, no doubt. But I'm willing to bet they still have a lot of room for improvement.

That said, I'm optimistic. Here's to a great game!

Soonerus
9/29/2009, 11:47 PM
..and Tulsa's offense was billed as one of the best in the country...

Hotrod3157
9/29/2009, 11:54 PM
Don't forget about our o-line problems. It seems the success of the last two games has made everyone forget the BYU game. Idaho St and Tulsa weren't too much of a problem for the line, but Miami should be a more difficult challenge.

The passing game will be as good as the pass protection.

That said, I hope they have a HUGE game. A third straight shut-out would be sweet too. Heck, what did VT hold them to? Was it 7?

Even against over matched competition the line improvements can be seen. There have been fewer false starts and holds. There haven't been blitzers having free runs at Landry constantly which was the huge problem against BYU. Not saying they are mauling people like last year's O-line but its improving. Against Miami I'm hoping to see improvement in blitz pick-up against a faster defense and with run blocking. I'm hoping the receivers have a break out game too. Broyles can just keep doing what hes doing with Caleb stepping it up more. If we can find a 3rd receiving threat whether its a WR or TE it will help us out greatly. Somebody buy Tennell some stick-em.

gaylordfan1
9/30/2009, 08:51 AM
Im looking forward to seeing what Jaz can do with YAC! Maybe Jaz and C. Kenney can start fighting for receptions!

gr8fulsooner
9/30/2009, 09:28 AM
My problem with Tennell is that I've seen him give up on several routes. I can forgive dropped passes (as heinous as they may be), but there is no excuse for a lack of effort.

KantoSooner
9/30/2009, 09:29 AM
YES ^^^^^^^^
I look forward to precisely those two showing what they can do. And Madu in the slot.

oupride
9/30/2009, 09:32 AM
...against a porous UM pass defense...
You could be right. The 800 pound gorilla in the room is who will be the Sooners QB?

prrriiide
9/30/2009, 07:16 PM
You could be right. The 800 pound gorilla in the room is who will be the Sooners QB?

According to that UM corner, it won't matter.

TXBOOMER
9/30/2009, 07:28 PM
Lest we forget Tulsa was one of the nations sack-leaders...before OU...

I hear you but how good are the Tulane and New Mexico o lines? I hope we are as good as we've looked against tator state and Tulsa but the U is much more athletic than either team we have had success against. I'm still worried about this one.

soonermagic14
9/30/2009, 08:17 PM
I'm ready to see more of Madu...we gotta get him the ball