PDA

View Full Version : Twitter

I Am Right
9/29/2009, 07:15 PM
Stoops said in his weekly press conference today that any player who had a twitter account whould probably not be on his team. ESPN was just showing clips of Leach saying basically the same thing.

Collier11
9/29/2009, 07:19 PM
rules are rules, if kids/teenagers/young adults werent apt to say stupid stuff this wouldnt be the case

StoopTroup
9/29/2009, 07:30 PM
I thought the Constitution guaranteed the right to tweet?

OUHOMER
9/29/2009, 07:44 PM
I thought the Constitution guaranteed the right to tweet?

Oh you can tweet all you, just just wont be on his team when you do it. :D

swardboy
9/29/2009, 07:48 PM
Tweeting is a privilege, not a right.

Gresho Murford
9/29/2009, 07:49 PM
Stoops said in his weekly press conference today that any player who had a twitter account whould probably not be on his team. ESPN was just showing clips of Leach saying basically the same thing.

I think he said if they post team stuff on their tweets

TXBOOMER
9/29/2009, 08:57 PM
I hope none of them have twitter accounts since they all denied it in the team meeting. Stoops does not like liars.

85sooners
9/29/2009, 09:08 PM
tweet tweet

footballfanatic
9/29/2009, 09:43 PM
Stoops can not forbid players to have a twitter account. He can suggest they don't tweet about Sooner football, but forbidding them violates their right to free speech.

soonerboomer93
9/29/2009, 10:00 PM
Actually, they do have a right to free speech, however they don't necessarily enjoy those priviledges on anything that can be read/viewed by the media. The scholarship is a priviledge and granted with certain conditions. Also tweeting items that violate student privacy rights could be an issue.

Stoops has banned players from media contact, he's already removed one player from the team for a youtube video.

LawtonBoy74
9/29/2009, 10:44 PM
I couldn't imagine the torture Stoops would put one of his players through if they had a twitter account :eek:

MamaMia
9/30/2009, 12:46 AM
:confused: Colored me confused. Is there any reason to believe that one of the players has a Twitter account?

rainiersooner
9/30/2009, 01:02 AM
Stoops can not forbid players to have a twitter account. He can suggest they don't tweet about Sooner football, but forbidding them violates their right to free speech.

Your grasp of constitutional law = fail. By your logic, do you think that Stoops cannot ban his players from talking to the media about Sam Bradford's injury?

Stoops' team rules do not equal governmental action. Therefore, there is no first amendment issue here.

Crucifax Autumn
9/30/2009, 04:27 AM
Besides, Stoops is Royalty.

StoopTroup
9/30/2009, 06:54 AM
If any of you want to follow mack brown's tweets...

Search for SweetOldBevoAzz.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
9/30/2009, 07:02 AM
I, for one, cannot wait until this Twitter things dies and goes away.

beer4me
9/30/2009, 08:51 AM

+1

badger
9/30/2009, 08:58 AM
There is a clear difference between rights and privileges. No player has a right to be on the OU football team. To accept the privilege of playing football for the Sooners, players must give up certain rights - the right to privacy (football makes them a public figure), the right to speaking freely (that's why players undergo media interview training before they participate in postgame press conferences), etc. Sure, they can still have some privacy and some freedom of speech... but both will be severely limited so long as they're on the OU football team.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
9/30/2009, 09:04 AM
I heard Colin Cowherd say this yesterday and it is so true. You do have a right to free speech. You also have the right of consequences too.

w0lfe
9/30/2009, 09:12 AM
i have still yet to even go to twitter's website =] I dont care to mess with it

I Am Right
9/30/2009, 12:01 PM
:confused: Colored me confused. Is there any reason to believe that one of the players has a Twitter account?

Traber said they did!!!!

Gresho Murford
9/30/2009, 01:28 PM
Im sure the majority have either twitter or facebook.

OUMallen
9/30/2009, 01:52 PM

There's actually a lot of great things about it for the fuddyduddies and bahhumbugs that care to learn about it...

Boomer_Sooner_sax
9/30/2009, 02:18 PM
There's actually a lot of great things about it for the fuddyduddies and bahhumbugs that care to learn about it...

A lot of great things about Twitter??? Like what? :confused:

SoonerLB
9/30/2009, 02:30 PM
A lot of great things about Twitter??? Like what? :confused:

I agree, like what? :confused:

OUMallen
9/30/2009, 05:25 PM
I'm going to Table One's anniversary dinner tonight in OKC at a super discounted rate from the norm. Only way to have found out about it and get one of the very limited seats? Respond to a "tweet" from them. Not that I'm super cool or esoteric...I just happen to follow Chef Ryan Parrott on Twitter to find out what the specials at Iguana Grill are.

I use Twitter for local restaurants and news. I can find out the specials at the Iron Starr or Iguana's Taco Tuesday, I can find out where the new korean taco truck downtown is going to be, the OKC Thunder's mascot Rumble gave away free passes to the fair through twitter, the Bricktown Brewery has a twitter happy hour, the Drunken Fry gives away stuff based on twitter posts, etc. You can get CNN news, ESPN, etc. Also, Coach Capel tweets a lot and it's pretty interesting really because he outlines where he is during recruiting trips.

Now if that ain't cool and worthwhile, I don't know what is...

As for personal tweets amongst individuals- I'll admit, I tweet myself from time to time, but it's certainly not for attention or anyone else's amusement. More from boredom than anything, and not because I think anyone cares about what I'm doing at that moment.

EstablishedSooner1967
9/30/2009, 06:02 PM
Stoops can not forbid players to have a twitter account. He can suggest they don't tweet about Sooner football, but forbidding them violates their right to free speech

Yeah but he has 100% say if they are going to be on the team... and there are team rules and to be apart of the team you need to follow these rules. Sure you can have a twitter account but just not play football at OU.

CK Sooner
9/30/2009, 06:04 PM
Im sure the majority have either twitter or facebook.

Facebook, yes.

Twitter, probably not.

MamaMia
10/1/2009, 08:04 AM
Traber said they did!!!!
Oh good grief. What the heck did he say this time?

sooneron
10/1/2009, 08:29 AM
rules are rules, if kids/teenagers/young adults werent apt to say stupid stuff this wouldnt be the case

You're saying that older adults don't say stupid ****? C'mon...

Speaking your mind without thinking first, is not age exclusive. And I'm over 40 and thus, a MAN!