PDA

View Full Version : Herbie and Musburger say we are #4

Knippz
9/29/2009, 04:50 PM
On college football live. Both have us at # 4 behind the obvious Bama, Florida, and *. They said the winner OU-* plays for the MNC.

Niiicccceee

Mississippi Sooner
9/29/2009, 04:52 PM
Am I going to have to stop calling him Pusberger for a while? Or does he have an agenda?

Could it be because they'll be calling the OU game Saturday night and they can't stop pimping the importance of it too early?

KantoSooner
9/29/2009, 04:53 PM
without being too arrogant, that's about the way it's set to work out.......if OU takes care of bidness.

Boomer.....
9/29/2009, 04:54 PM
Just win.

soonerinabilene
9/29/2009, 04:54 PM
Since you posted "bama first, that implies they are #1. They have already seen your post, and awarded themselves another MNC. Way to go.

Knippz
9/29/2009, 04:56 PM
Since you posted "bama first, that implies they are #1. They have already seen your post, and awarded themselves another MNC. Way to go.

Does it make any difference?

bcgvh
9/29/2009, 04:58 PM

Soooo, RIGHT!!! BTW, do you guys remember USC doing this a couple of years ago?? They were claiming 10 national titles, but then someone "discovered" another one in like 1930, so now they claim 11? Or something along those lines...

boomersooner28
9/29/2009, 05:01 PM
I'm sick of the "expert" opinions. It will all play out. Lots of football left.

We win out...we are fine.

rainiersooner
9/29/2009, 05:16 PM
Damn ESPN bias!

Sooner4FCD
9/29/2009, 05:51 PM
How anyone can possibly say so and so will play so and so for the national championship 1/3 of the way through the season is beyond me?

Focus on Miami....then Baylor....then * and so on. Fact is if we win out, there's a 95% chance we're in the national championship so that's all we worry about.

landrun
9/29/2009, 06:49 PM
Soooo, RIGHT!!! BTW, do you guys remember USC doing this a couple of years ago?? They were claiming 10 national titles, but then someone "discovered" another one in like 1930, so now they claim 11? Or something along those lines...

I remember. They crowned themselves national champions decades later.

unbiasedtruth
9/29/2009, 06:53 PM
with $3.95 and their (brent and kirk's) opinion I can go get a frappiccino at Starbucks.....

Jdog
9/29/2009, 06:55 PM
Am I going to have to stop calling him Pusberger for a while? Or does he have an agenda?

Could it be because they'll be calling the OU game Saturday night and they can't stop pimping the importance of it too early?

Give him a break - he did sports for a couple of years at one of the TV stations in Tulsa back in the 60. Maybe that's it -hes a puke.

Jdog
9/29/2009, 07:01 PM

The one from the 30's had the folks in college station Pi$$ed. It was from the same year as their (only) ONE .

I Am Right
9/29/2009, 07:03 PM
Who cares what those two talking heads have to say?

85sooners
9/29/2009, 09:11 PM
:texan:

AzianSooner
9/29/2009, 09:19 PM
OU is normally chocked after hearing all of those good words. Better just being a team of no-one-think-can-make-it.

Soonerus
9/29/2009, 09:34 PM
Ranking at this point in the year means very little...

BoulderSooner79
9/29/2009, 10:15 PM

That's what I thought until all the threads on this weeks polls started. :rolleyes:

gaylordfan1
9/29/2009, 10:31 PM
OU is normally chocked after hearing all of those good words. Better just being a team of no-one-think-can-make-it.

^agreed^

Crucifax Autumn
9/29/2009, 11:45 PM

Yep...or they'd already have us at #1 and ship the crystal football to the Switzer Center!

w0lfe
9/30/2009, 07:37 AM
Well at least people arent voting USC and Ohio State ahead of us =]

w0lfe
9/30/2009, 07:39 AM
Also gotta remember, we are 8th in the country without a heisman QB. Wait til we get one of those back =]

gaylordfan1
9/30/2009, 08:10 AM
I like our odds fighting our way to the top from #8, and I think we will. All we have to do is win out. But with that being said, having Boise ranked so high without a big test down the road scares me. I feel like it will be hard for someone to pass them.

sooneron
9/30/2009, 08:26 AM

Really? Because if we were 23rd in the country, I wouldn't like our odds. We have MAYBE 3 quality opponents left on the sched. Quality opponents = games you can hang your hat on if you win.

beer4me
9/30/2009, 08:35 AM
I like our odds fighting our way to the top from #8, and I think we will. All we have to do is win out. But with that being said, having Boise ranked so high without a big test down the road scares me. I feel like it will be hard for someone to pass them.

True dat just be a TU fan in a few weeks I see that as their only speed bump.

How many people you think would tune in for a BSU title game against another mid-major??

BoulderSooner79
9/30/2009, 09:25 AM
Really? Because if we were 23rd in the country, I wouldn't like our odds. We have MAYBE 3 quality opponents left on the sched. Quality opponents = games you can hang your hat on if you win.

For one thing, if we were 23rd, there would be a reason for that. The other thing is you have to look at our schedule objectively. Our SOS is in the top 5 by most ranking services meaning it is better than the teams ahead of us. 3 games out of 9 is a big deal. For example, Boise has 0 signature games to go and the BCS rating will show that. The only problem with our schedule is that winning out is a long shot.

oupride
9/30/2009, 09:27 AM
How anyone can possibly say so and so will play so and so for the national championship 1/3 of the way through the season is beyond me?

Focus on Miami....then Baylor....then * and so on. Fact is if we win out, there's a 95% chance we're in the national championship so that's all we worry about.

ditto

MiccoMacey
9/30/2009, 09:31 AM
I'll stand up for those two...Musburger has always been a fan of OU. And Herbstreit is usually the most level-headed "expert" out there.

It's just an opinion...an opinion that means little right now. We'll know more on Saturday.

SOONER44EVER
9/30/2009, 09:39 AM
Before last week Miami was the team to beat. The week before it was USC. The first week we were up there. Its just a hunch, but I think just maybe, they'll change their minds 5 or 6 more times before the season ends. Just like they do every year.

rawlingsHOH
9/30/2009, 09:50 AM
Effin Chockers!

beer4me
9/30/2009, 09:57 AM
yea remember these guys have to say something every week to get people tuned in and talking about their show.

That’s why I don't get all that rankled even when they say something in my mind that is stupid.

There has been something’s that they have said over the years that went beyond stupid but that is normal.

And actually these guys have given OU a lot of love over the years. And many times they have said something’s that pointed out things about OU that wasn't good but I had to agree with.

If you want to watch someone that makes you want to be able to reach into the TV screen and slap the bejesus outta someone turn over to fox and watch D’Marco Farr there is a dweeb of the highest order.