PDA

View Full Version : Adron Tennell

CK Sooner
9/29/2009, 04:23 PM
Has eye problems again.

Went to get examined earlier this week.

PDXsooner
9/29/2009, 04:37 PM
hopefully they wipe the butter and astroglide off his hands as well.

JLEW1818
9/29/2009, 04:38 PM
only TD was against Miami!

MeMyself&Me
9/29/2009, 05:08 PM
Has eye problems again.

excuses

rainiersooner
9/29/2009, 05:15 PM
Is this true or a joke? Link?

BoulderSooner79
9/29/2009, 05:17 PM
excuses

why would you assume that? you know something?

CK Sooner
9/29/2009, 05:34 PM
Is this true or a joke? Link?

True.

Crucifax Autumn
9/29/2009, 05:45 PM
His vision has seemed fine in games. He sees the ball coming, wraps his hands around it, and watches it fall to the field.

swardboy
9/29/2009, 06:30 PM
"again"? What was the nature of any previous eye problems?

TXBOOMER
9/29/2009, 06:47 PM
Whatever.....I hope Cameron Kenney is starting this week.

I Am Right
9/29/2009, 07:04 PM
Does Tennell play football for OU?

Eielson
9/29/2009, 08:19 PM
excuses

It's a pretty good one...

OUAlumni1990
9/29/2009, 08:27 PM
Does Tennell play football for OU?

That's the problem. He thinks he's playing basketball and he is the hoop.

TXBOOMER
9/29/2009, 08:52 PM
It's a pretty good one...

Did VY do Mack after the Rose Bowl? :texan:

achiro
9/29/2009, 08:56 PM
When did this site start letting pricks make fun of OUr players!?!?!?!:mad:

CK Sooner
9/29/2009, 08:58 PM
When did this site start letting pricks make fun of OUr players!?!?!?!:mad:

Who is making fun of him?

85sooners
9/29/2009, 09:07 PM
:rolleyes:

CK Sooner
9/29/2009, 09:11 PM
:rolleyes:

This thread isn't a joke.

He really has eye problems, dum dum.

MeMyself&Me
9/29/2009, 09:37 PM
This thread isn't a joke.

He really has eye problems, dum dum.

When you don't give us a link when posting something like this, it sounds like a joke. ;)

CK Sooner
9/29/2009, 09:39 PM
When you don't give us a link when posting something like this, it sounds like a joke. ;)

It's on a premium site.

If you have a paid Rivals subscription then I would be glad to give you a link.

MeMyself&Me
9/29/2009, 11:36 PM
It's on a premium site.

If you have a paid Rivals subscription then I would be glad to give you a link.

Ahhhh, you didn't say where you got it from either. Links work for those that have access.

Crucifax Autumn
9/29/2009, 11:39 PM
Well we know about his hands probs...and now he has eye probs...

Does that count as hand-eye coordination?

cvsooner
9/30/2009, 12:02 AM
There was something about this at the Dallas News blog (http://collegesportsblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2009/09/what-has-happened-to-oklahoma-wr-adron-p.html):

What has happened to Oklahoma WR Adron "Pooh" Tennell of Irving?

Oklahoma senior receiver Adron "Pooh" Tennell of Irving has always had so much promise. I covered him when he played in high school before covering him again when he signed with the Sooners.

I always thought OU should have found a way to get him on the field more earlier in his career because of his great athleticism, though he did have some injury problems that played into that and OU was deep at that position the last two seasons.

So, Tennell is getting his chance this season. And now it seems as if he can't catch the football. Over and over again this season, he's dropped passes too many times. Last week, he dropped a perfectly thrown deep pass that would have been a touchdown. He seemed to short-arm the football.

I'm not sure what's going on with him and why he's struggled so much catching the football, but it's definitely a problem.

He told me two years ago that when he arrived at OU, he had trouble catching the football. So coaches sent him for an eye exam, and sure enough, it was found that he needed contacts. So, he turned in an incredible high school career despite the fact that he couldn't always see the football very well.

Maybe now, he needs to go back and get his eyes checked again. I hope he turns it around. Not only is he such a great athlete, but he's also a great person. He's always so nice and polite and works hard. He's easy to pull for, and here's hoping for the best for Pooh. I've always thought he had the talent to play professionally, but he certainly won't ever get that chance if he doesn't start catching the football when it hits him in his hands.

And just how patient will Bob Stoops be with Tennell? At OU, there is always talent waiting just behind the starter.

Soonerus
9/30/2009, 12:12 AM
I bet Tennell ends up being a star this year !!!

Widescreen
9/30/2009, 12:27 AM

I have sources that I can't name that tell me he will absolutely be a star this year. It's been decided.

Crucifax Autumn
9/30/2009, 03:16 AM

As much as I crack jokes about the kid I actually think he'll suddenly start making the catches and once that happens and his confidence gets a boost he will finally be what we all expected when he arrived on campus.

Boomer.....
9/30/2009, 07:48 AM
Once he gets over his mental hurdle, he will be a solid receiver.

LesNessman
9/30/2009, 07:52 AM
As much as I crack jokes about the kid I actually think he'll suddenly start making the catches and once that happens and his confidence gets a boost he will finally be what we all expected when he arrived on campus.

Well said. I was just thinking the same.

CincySooner
9/30/2009, 07:53 AM
Has eye problems again.

If he comes back from the doctor sporting horn-rim glasses and tearing it up on the field, does this mean we'll have to call him "Wild Thing".

IronHorseSooner
9/30/2009, 08:12 AM
^^^This. If you look at his drops, it looks like a depth perception problem. If he does get glasses or contacts, and this corrects his problem dropping catchable passes, then the trio of Broyles, Caleb, and Pooh could be a good receiving corps.

MeMyself&Me
9/30/2009, 09:35 AM
^^^This. If you look at his drops, it looks like a depth perception problem. If he does get glasses or contacts, and this corrects his problem dropping catchable passes, then the trio of Broyles, Caleb, and Pooh could be a good receiving corps.

I hope your right. The coach's sure seem to believe in him. Normally, I think they would have given up on someone who dropped this many balls by now.

The Ghost of Mex
9/30/2009, 09:39 AM
That's the problem. He thinks he's playing basketball and he is the hoop.

Money...so money.

SouthFortySooner
9/30/2009, 09:48 AM
What?!! Two whole pages and not one, not 1, prayer sent up? Prayers for Pooh!

gr8fulsooner
9/30/2009, 09:49 AM
Do you need great vision to finish a route?

BoulderSooner79
9/30/2009, 09:50 AM

This is what I hope is going on. Depth perception is huge issue in catching the ball. It's hard to get the hands in the right place if you mis-judge how far away the ball is or how fast it is coming. And all this happens in a fraction of a second. Here's to a successful eye exam :D

Gresho Murford
9/30/2009, 09:51 AM
This is what I hope is going on. Depth perception is huge issue in catching the ball. It's hard to get the hands in the right place if you mis-judge how far away the ball is or how fast it is coming. And all this happens in a fraction of a second. Here's to a successful eye exam :D

Exactly. Go look at Brian McCann for the Braves. He had eyes issues earlier this year and then started hitting again once they got it fixed.

rawlingsHOH
9/30/2009, 09:52 AM
I love watching him block. He's been an outstanding blocker since the moment he stepped on campus. Effort + technique!

kbsooner21
9/30/2009, 09:53 AM
He's done imo

The Ghost of Mex
9/30/2009, 10:21 AM
Finally, I found out the "big news" on soonersports.com. Tennell did go to the Eye Doc.

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_rZt7ODcqTjA/SsN0VSpx9NI/AAAAAAAAAII/CETo4OWtl3Q/s800/80.jpg

Prediction: 80 catches three TD passes Sat. night. Bank on it.

Widescreen
9/30/2009, 10:26 AM
I'm not sure I buy this. He's apparently been doing well in practice without eye correction. Why does his vision only go bad during games? I hope this is the problem and he's tearing it up Saturday, but it just seems odd.

Gresho Murford
9/30/2009, 10:36 AM
can anybody recall what kind of passes his drops were? They haven't been deep balls have they?

w0lfe
9/30/2009, 10:39 AM
I'm not sure I buy this. He's apparently been doing well in practice without eye correction. Why does his vision only go bad during games? I hope this is the problem and he's tearing it up Saturday, but it just seems odd.
its not his vision, its his hands. If i was blind and a ball landed right in both hands, i would catch it

Gresho Murford
9/30/2009, 10:41 AM
its not his vision, its his hands. If i was blind and a ball landed right in both hands, i would catch it

doubt it. Maybe if somebody tossed it to you

SoonerAtKU
9/30/2009, 10:54 AM
Yeah, I'm fairly sure that if I were blind and in a stadium with thousands of people cheering, I'd be able to catch a ball being thrown at me with no warning. Sure...

Vision makes complete sense, because he's in the right place at the right time, making the moves and just barely whiffing on the catch.

w0lfe
9/30/2009, 10:59 AM
I still dont buy it. Its not like he is completely blind anyways. I mean he still sees good enough to run the field and to stretch his arms out for the ball and all that.

Gresho Murford
9/30/2009, 11:04 AM
When my buddies and I play football I used to take off my glasses b/c i didn't want them to break. I noticed it was definately harder to see the ball coming in but still manageable (I don't have horrible eyesight though). I would also get horrible headaches after playing without them. I usually just play with them on now and hope they don't get broke.

OUAlumni1990
9/30/2009, 11:11 AM
How long will it take to get contacts? Can we get 'em in by Texas? LOL.

OK2U
9/30/2009, 11:25 AM
^^
Pooh has the same glasses as my second grade teacher...

BoulderSooner79
9/30/2009, 11:29 AM
I still dont buy it. Its not like he is completely blind anyways. I mean he still sees good enough to run the field and to stretch his arms out for the ball and all that.

Better tell Stoops that w0lfe doesn't buy it, before he puts Tennell out there again. :rolleyes:

Gresho Murford
9/30/2009, 11:33 AM
this could be perfect to get the fans behind Pooh. HAve him come out with glasses on and give him and easy pass to catch in the flat. The crowd will go wild and people will start wearing wild thing glasses to the games

goingoneight
9/30/2009, 11:38 AM
did anyone specifically say the dropped passes were a result of eyesight problems?

Or is this just a report that a struggling starting receiver at a top college football program is going to get his eyes checked and everyone just puts two and two together, ending up with five?

Saying you played a crappy team close in your own stadium and blaming it on one or two scout teamers having the flu is making an excuse. I just see AT going to the eye doctor. Maybe he's exploring all options to improve his game, but until I hear the excuse "it's cuz I can't see" I won't crucify the kid. A lot of players struggle, but eventually work and play through it to become a star or if not an All-American, at least they make their mark. Think Quentin Chaney. Think about the difference a little hard work, coaching and encouragement did for the 2005 Sooners who would later become the 2006 BIG 12 Champions. AT has talent, and at this point he's not going to be a flashy WR only out to please NFL scouts. If he's healthy, and the coaches believe he'll play through it... he could provide the boost we need should he start producing. Besides, DeJuan Miller still appears to be about a year off himself.

rainiersooner
9/30/2009, 11:51 AM
There's something very comical about this thread. Not Tennel having/not having vision problems...but the banter back and forth. It still doesn't make sense to me though how his vision gets worse on game day...I keep hearing about him tearing it up on the practice field.

cvsooner
9/30/2009, 12:35 PM
C'mon, lay off. As someone who has terrible eyesight, and wears contacts, it's a serious problem. Your eyes continue to deteroriate and your prescription has to be adjusted. I suspect Tennell's problem is as much mental as physical, but playing at that level, doing whatever you have to do to play well...if seeing the doctor and getting new contacts makes a difference, I say go for it.

We see guys rag on him here, and I'd lay good money that 95 percent of the folks posting here couldn't catch a perfectly thrown ball in a game before a packed Owen Field on national television.

OK2U
9/30/2009, 12:41 PM
http://partywiththis.com/images/P/giantsglasses4747.jpg

MeMyself&Me
9/30/2009, 12:53 PM
...95 percent of the folks posting here couldn't catch a perfectly thrown ball in a game before a packed Owen Field on national television.

You could certainly put me in that category. Couldn't do it with any consistency in my own back yard. :D

BUT, I'm also still paying for my student loans that allowed me to afford to go to OU. I haven't really been ragging on him but I'm not going to criticize those that do.

EstablishedSooner1967
9/30/2009, 01:14 PM
hopefully they wipe the butter and astroglide off his hands as well.

FUNNY

w0lfe
9/30/2009, 01:21 PM
Better tell Stoops that w0lfe doesn't buy it, before he puts Tennell out there again.
Explain all these great plays he makes in practice? I guess his practice helmet has a prescription visor on it.

goingoneight
9/30/2009, 01:38 PM
He schooled both Brian Jackson and Dom Franks for most of Spring Ball. Does it just kill you that the coaches know more than you do? That no one else is taking AT's spot due to the lack of ability to do so? Stoops has never had a problem benching someone who is incapable of getting the job done. Juaqin Iglesias for his first three years suffered frequent fumblitis. This ain't 1971... the next great All-American isn't just standing patiently in line on the sideline. For what our coaches see and know... nobody can do better outside of Broyles and maybe Calen right now. Where's all the haters at because no one is stepping up at TE? If you're going to knock AT, be fair and expect Trent Rateree to easily just walk out there and be Jermsine Gresham.

Gresho Murford
9/30/2009, 01:46 PM
He schooled both Brian Jackson and Dom Franks for most of Spring Ball. Does it just kill you that the coaches know more than you do? That no one else is taking AT's spot due to the lack of ability to do so? Stoops has never had a problem benching someone who is incapable of getting the job done. Juaqin Iglesias for his first three years suffered frequent fumblitis. This ain't 1971... the next great All-American isn't just standing patiently in line on the sideline. For what our coaches see and know... nobody can do better outside of Broyles and maybe Calen right now. Where's all the haters at because no one is stepping up at TE? If you're going to knock AT, be fair and expect Trent Rateree to easily just walk out there and be Jermsine Gresham.

wow chill man. it is a message board. I agree with most of what you said. And in case you haven't noticed, people have been on the TEs asses

w0lfe
9/30/2009, 01:47 PM
personally i think its a confidence issue. I think he has exceptional skills. He needs to make a huge play somewhere (preferablly on texas) and i think that will end the drop balls convo

w0lfe
9/30/2009, 01:49 PM
wow chill man. it is a message board. I agree with most of what you said. And in case you haven't noticed, people have been on the TEs asses
I agree, i have seen tons of posts about ratterree and the others needing to step up. Kinda like that one person stating that we should beef up Dejuan Miller and use him. Could be good

MeMyself&Me
9/30/2009, 01:50 PM

+1

I Am Right
9/30/2009, 02:04 PM
can anybody recall what kind of passes his drops were? They haven't been deep balls have they?

Bradford or Landry drop back and throw the ball to Tennell, and Tennell DOES NOT CATCH THE BALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!