PDA

View Full Version : What will become of the mustache campaign once Bradford is named starter?

adoniijahsooner
9/29/2009, 07:04 AM
Will the fans simply trim their staches to show solidarity in Sooner nation? Or will there be a schism in the Sooner body?

I have already read little innuendos and phrases that suggest people would rather have Landry at the helm; albeit the post were clouded in shadow, instead of outright saying they want Landry instead of Sam, but it has been an underlying sentiment nonetheless.

Me personally, I would leave the fake staches and t-shirts in the closet until Landry becomes the starter either next year, or God forbid if Sam is re-injured. to wear the stache when your heisman trophy winning QB is back under center is disrepectful and divisive.

Soon your heart will be tested, and I for one am interested to see how Sooner fans will respond.

kustang619
9/29/2009, 07:25 AM
Pack the staches away until Sam is gone. I don't understand why anyone would not want Sam to return as the starter. Landry is a good quarterback and will just continue to get better but Sam is far superior to Landry. All you have to do is look at the reads Landry makes, his decision making scares me (picked off 3 times in 2 games) a lot of the time. Sam is older and more mature and better at reading defenses. Just my opinion...

badger
9/29/2009, 07:31 AM
I don't see stadium divided situations on this. The staches are cool and all, but dag nabbit, we have less Heisman winners than we have championships - they are rare!

Dan Thompson
9/29/2009, 08:17 AM
Sam will grow a mustache.

goingoneight
9/29/2009, 08:19 AM
We should all go buy black shaggy wigs and watch the games upside down with two OSU defenders below us.

OK2U
9/29/2009, 10:46 AM
^^
This

StoopTroup
9/29/2009, 11:22 AM
I betting Sam will never grow a Stache...lol

Widescreen
9/29/2009, 11:24 AM
For those who are questioning whether we should see Bradford back, I give you Exhibit A:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztPkDsOlGzU

tigepilot
9/29/2009, 11:39 AM
For those who are questioning whether we should see Bradford back, I give you Exhibit A:

Ahhhh, the memories of when we had more than two players that can catch a pass and when we had a line that could pick up a blitz...

Really though, I don't understand the sentiment at all that Bradford shouldn't come back... unless of course he's not ready or not throwing the same. It's sounding more and more like he'll be ready for Miami though based on what little is being put out there. Put the stache's away for next year.

StoopTroup
9/29/2009, 11:53 AM

I can hear Bob Barry in the music.

Man....Beethoven has been dead a long time...Bob is really old. I had no idea! WOW!

bri
9/29/2009, 01:47 PM
Of course some people would rather have Landry; he's the guy who's playing right now. People are always gonna cheer for whoever is out there. When Sam is back at full strength and back out there kicking *ss for us again, all the people wearing the fake mustaches will be yelling for Sam as loud as the rest of us.

Simply put, it's a non-issue. Don't make it more than what it is.

AlbqSooner
9/29/2009, 08:07 PM
I grew my stache in '68. It stays with no disrespect to Bradford or anyone else.

Soonerus
9/29/2009, 09:23 PM
When Sam comes back the 'stache' is old news...

soonerloyal
9/29/2009, 09:38 PM
I'll honor both players. I'm not big on being fickle. BOTH Landry and Sam deserve our loyalty and thanks.

soonerboomer93
9/29/2009, 10:44 PM
What's the old adage about the backup QB being the most popular player on a team?

I'm sure we'll be well served by Landry and he's improving. However, Sam is Sam.

Soonerus
9/29/2009, 11:07 PM
Sam starts, Landry cuts the stache...

Crucifax Autumn
9/29/2009, 11:35 PM
He should grow a ZZ Topp Beard if Sam comes back.