PDA

View Full Version : Inside the Polls with the Riverboat Gamber

sooner59
9/29/2009, 12:19 AM
On ESPNU, I was watching inside the polls and Tommy Tuberville said that if OU beats Texas and with only 1 team coming out of the SEC, Boise State would end the season #1 or #2.

He stated that they had earned their spot among the big boys and if they finished undefeated and didn't make the MNC, then there would be a major lawsuit coming.

News flash, Tommy! Boise played Oregon and plays NOBODY else.....all season. They are not in a BCS conference, and they expect to schedule 1 quality opponent per season, try to steal that game and then beat up a bunch of cupcakes and play for a title. It ain't happening!

By the end of the year, unless there aren't two 1-loss teams from the a BCS conference, Boise is left out.....and they deserve to be. Even if we lost to Texas and they finished 12-1 with a Big 12 title.....Texas easily passes Boise in the BCS. If Boise wants to play for a title, join the Mountain West and the BCS "might" make it a BCS conference.

Crucifax Autumn
9/29/2009, 12:21 AM
News Flash: We already knew Tuberville was a moron and already knew the media has a love affair with cinderella stories and/or controversy.

SOONER44EVER
9/29/2009, 12:23 AM
Tubberville also said Miami will beat us.

JLEW1818
9/29/2009, 12:26 AM
Tub is still crying about auburn 04

sooner59
9/29/2009, 12:28 AM
He is stilled pissed about 2004. Hey I don't blame him, but that is a lame statement. We get it.....you got screwed in 2004 and then fired. If Boise played Florida in the MNC, it would be interesting until the 2nd quarter, then I would get sick of hearing about Tebow scoring 5 TDs in the first half. Yawn.

sooner59
9/29/2009, 12:52 AM
Ok, maybe I beat up Tuberville too much. He just suggested that the only reason that Colt McCoy was the in the ballgame so long against UTEP was a little thing called the Heisman. Its so obvious that Tuberville could see it. Well he needs to pad his stats because McCoy has not been impressive at all this season so far.

soonerguild
9/29/2009, 12:54 AM
they might be 1 or 2 in the polls, but the HUGE difference in computer rankings would put us in the championship game. There are a lot of big games that have to be won for that to matter, but with penn state and cal both losing, I believe if we win out we're in.

sooner59
9/29/2009, 01:05 AM
they might be 1 or 2 in the polls, but the HUGE difference in computer rankings would put us in the championship game. There are a lot of big games that have to be won for that to matter, but with penn state and cal both losing, I believe if we win out we're in.

That's basically my opinion as well.

badger
9/29/2009, 07:39 AM
Thoughts on Tommy Tuberville:

1- Sorry about 2004, but we all know that USC would have destroyed you if the BCS chose Auburn.

2- You got fired for losing to Nick Satan, not for lack of titles. You beat Bammer, you keep your job.

3- Also, alumni apparently thought you were weird... and who can argue? Quirky coaches don't bring in recruits like Coach Moneybags in Rammer Jammerland did.

4- We all feel bad that mid-majors can't compete for the national title... but if they really don't like it, they should get better schedules or join better conferences.

In a nutshell, midmajors have a conference schedule comparable to many top programs' nonconference schedules... and top programs get called on playing cupcakes all of the time. However, midmajors get a pass because it's their conference schedule. Fair? No.