PDA

View Full Version : Two things from this ESPN chat today

Collier11
9/28/2009, 08:57 PM
First, why does OU never get any pub for being such a great home field advantage, he leaves us out of an 8 or 9 team list that he compiled.

Two, OU fans listen, quit making all of us look Stupid to the rest of the nation. This statement goes to the idiot Mark who asked, "Derr, who is better, Sam Bradford or Landry Jones"

I mean seriously

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/28537

SbOrOiNaEnR
9/28/2009, 09:22 PM
C11,

Where can I get a Boomer Sooner ringtone?

XOXO,
Mark

;)

Collier11
9/28/2009, 09:27 PM
no ****e

o0Dan0o
9/29/2009, 12:21 AM
Two, OU fans listen, quit making all of us look Stupid to the rest of the nation. This statement goes to the idiot Mark who asked, "Derr, who is better, Sam Bradford or Landry Jones"

I mean seriously

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/28537

Whats worse is that Schleback (sp) picked the question to answer...

Crucifax Autumn
9/29/2009, 12:32 AM
Did you notice how many times he basically gave a non-answer?

Collier11
9/29/2009, 12:43 AM
all I care about is how stupid our fans make us look at times, there was a guy who called the SA with the same dumb arsed question. If you have to ask then you probably shouldnt be a fan of OU football

Crucifax Autumn
9/29/2009, 01:05 AM
It does seem as if they always take questions from the "it was a large ceegar-shaped object that sent bigfoot to anal-probe me" crowd.

Collier11
9/29/2009, 02:07 AM
just like every person who ever makes the national news from Oklahoma has their front teeth missing a flowing mullet

sooner59
9/29/2009, 02:12 AM
Yeah we have our embarrassments just like every other program. Plus we deal with the southern hillbilly thing.

Hey, at we aren't Arkansas.

Things could be worse.

watasooner
9/29/2009, 06:07 AM
jXxZ6QcrZDw

adoniijahsooner
9/29/2009, 07:11 AM
Check out this sooner nerd....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuPoZGPs5U8

IronHorseSooner
9/29/2009, 07:18 AM
For all of my criticism of him, Mark gave a good analysis of his Top 5, as did Jesse Palmer last night, as did Herbie during the Iowa-PSU game. All of them are basically "forgiving" us for losing to BYU without Sam (and Gresh). This is why I say that if we win out, we will be there. As much as all of us, to include myself, have dogged ESPN for downgrading us over the years, it looks like a story that they would like to keep going is the "Sooners overcome Bradford injury for a title run" angle, much like the Tebow speech last year.

kustang619
9/29/2009, 07:39 AM
Check out this sooner nerd....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuPoZGPs5U8

I love the first comment under the video by gabedm...

"hahaahhaahahah.... nice dragonball poster buddy..." :pop:

SoonerAtKU
9/29/2009, 08:47 AM
OU doesn't get the "great home field advantage" tag because we play Texas in Dallas, IMHO. I'd never change that, and it's worth it to keep the game there for tradition, but the nation never has the chance to see the team and the stadium come alive against their biggest rival and change the course of a game.

We can crush all of the Techs, Missouris, and Nebraskas we want, but unless USC, Texas, Florida, or Ohio State come to Norman, it's just business as usual for the at-large media.

beer4me
9/29/2009, 08:48 AM
OU doesn't get the "great home field advantage" tag because we play Texas in Dallas, IMHO. I'd never change that, and it's worth it to keep the game there for tradition, but the nation never has the chance to see the team and the stadium come alive against their biggest rival and change the course of a game.

We can crush all of the Techs, Missouris, and Nebraskas we want, but unless USC, Texas, Florida, or Ohio State come to Norman, it's just business as usual for the at-large media.

What????????

rawlingsHOH
9/29/2009, 08:56 AM
We have the nation's longest home winning streak. That's all that matters!

No subjectivity needed in this discussion

SoonerAtKU
9/29/2009, 09:11 AM
What????????

He asked in the first post:

First, why does OU never get any pub for being such a great home field advantage, he leaves us out of an 8 or 9 team list that he compiled.

I answered him. Where's the confusion?

CK Sooner
9/29/2009, 09:14 AM
Look at the response video underneath his video.

CobraKai
9/29/2009, 09:18 AM

Then why does he list The Swamp #1? Florida's biggest rivalry game is played in Jacksonville every year, so I assume the at-large media should view their games as "business as usual" too?

sooneron
9/29/2009, 09:29 AM
Look at the response video underneath his video.

We all know the U guy won't be at the stadium Saturday night. He'll be too busy dancing shirtless on the bar at some gay club in south beach.

Lott's Bandana
9/29/2009, 09:30 AM
I suppose "hardest to play" and "hardest to win" could be interpreted differently.

SoonerAtKU
9/29/2009, 10:01 AM
Florida has Tennessee, which has been a more heated, more closely-matched rivalry game in the past 20 years. Florida is 16-3 vs Georgia since 1990, which includes a game in Gainesville, which sort of cements my point. Florida HAS gotten to play and beat Georgia at home. Hell, if you want to include other games, they alternate with FSU, which the media has painted as a powerhouse since the early 90s as well.

Scott D
9/29/2009, 10:46 AM

Miami two years ago, Florida State in the next couple of years, Tennessee in the next 5 years, Ohio State within the next 8 years. And potentially Notre Dame if they ever **** or get off the pot within the next decade.

Partial Qualifier
9/29/2009, 12:45 PM
I see your point AtKU, and largely agree. Although the OU home crowd is alot better than it used to be, it's rarely "rowdy" for 4 quarters straight.

If we played RRS games here, it would be absolutely frickin' nuts, and that's the image media people would remember when compiling these "hardest places to play" lists.

soonermix
9/29/2009, 01:12 PM

to a degree this is a somewhat fair question.
who would have said that same thing about thurman thomas and barry sanders during thurman's senior year?

yeah bradford is a heisman winning qb but what if the stache takes us to a MNC win in the next couple of years. then people will be saying "Why oh why didn't we play him the whole time?"

i'm not even saying i agree with mark i'm just being that guy

TexasLidig8r
9/29/2009, 01:19 PM
Perhaps because ESPN is biased against Ou and is engaged in a broad conspiracy to try to bring Ou's program down.

OUDoc
9/29/2009, 01:32 PM
Perhaps because ESPN is biased against Ou and is engaged in a broad conspiracy to try to bring Ou's program down.

At least Lid sees the truth.

And wears frilly panties.

CobraKai
9/29/2009, 01:33 PM
Florida has Tennessee, which has been a more heated, more closely-matched rivalry game in the past 20 years. Florida is 16-3 vs Georgia since 1990, which includes a game in Gainesville, which sort of cements my point. Florida HAS gotten to play and beat Georgia at home. Hell, if you want to include other games, they alternate with FSU, which the media has painted as a powerhouse since the early 90s as well.

True, but we also have OU-Nebraska, which is one of the great rivalries in all of sports, despite Nebraska being a little down right now (like Tennessee). Over the last several years we have hosted many top 10 teams, as well as many "name" schools like Alabama, Oregon, and UCLA. I'm not saying we should be #1, but to leave us out of the top 8 or 9 is clearly an oversight or just plain stupidity.

Hell, he has Texas on the list. Using your logic (given that Texas' most high-profile rivalry game is against us), and given the fact that we play more name teams OOC, how does Texas make that list? How does Nebraska? Obviously we play more name teams and win more frequently at home than Nebraska does. Autzen stadium? For real? What big time, highly visible games are played there? Oregon-USC every other year?

badger
9/29/2009, 01:34 PM
I think OU's fanbase should get some credit for being smart fans.

How often do you see in the NFL where crowds get loud on offense instead of defense? It's silly, really. The QB is trying to scream instructions to his team on the field and your own fans are drowning you out.

I've seen this many times in college football this year already too. Stupid fans can truly have an impact on a team if they don't know the best times to rock this house

OU, however, never has that problem. We boo the refs after every anti-OU call (it has to get to them eventually, right?), we scream ourselves hoarse for great OU plays regardless and we make our continuous noise when our team's on defense, not offense!

StoopTroup
9/29/2009, 01:39 PM
jXxZ6QcrZDw

I love Lid's youtube debut....it always cracks me up.

jXxZ6QcrZDw

SoonerAtKU
9/29/2009, 01:43 PM
It's stupid to have Texas on that list, agreed. They don't have ANY marquee matchups that are regularly scheduled.

Autzen stadium made a name for itself by being incredibly loud for the capacity, and by beating teams like Michigan (and having the officials beat Oklahoma) when they come to town. Nebraska is riding on the coattails of past glory and their sellout streak. At least he didn't include Michigan on his list, which by all accounts is like a mausoleum 90% of the time.

Gresho Murford
9/29/2009, 01:48 PM
At least Lid sees the truth.

And wears frilly panties.

is he mormon?

CobraKai
9/29/2009, 01:50 PM
Agreed. Again, I'm not saying that we should be #1. I think there are more intimidating places than Norman. However, we certainly belong in the conversation, especially considering the inclusion of Texas and Nebraska. Historically Norman has been the toughest place in the Big 12 for any team to win a game. That was my point.

MR2-Sooner86
9/29/2009, 01:53 PM

In 2000 wasn't Nebraska #1 in the country? Also, we were down but it can be argued the 90's Nebraska teams were the cream of the crop and they came to Norman every year. Don't forget #2 and undefeated Tech last year.

Lets not forget Alabama, UCLA, Miami, FSU (next year), Oregon, and more planning to come from other conferences.

I think you're giving Texas too much credit there.

Collier11
9/29/2009, 01:55 PM
when you are 62-2 in 10+ years, you should be in the Top 5 atleast, not to mention that we are 12-0 against ranked teams at home under Stoops

badger
9/29/2009, 02:02 PM
I want the home winning streak record. It's 58 and it's held by Miami... we're a long ways away but the fact that we should already have it should be motivation enough.

WIN! Repeat 58 times! :D

SoonerAtKU
9/29/2009, 02:37 PM
Nobody asked what OU should be ranked. Collier, you asked why OU was not in that guy's top 9 or whatever. Those are two different questions. Personally, I think we're certainly in the top 10. Maybe somewhere between 6-8?

All I was suggesting is reasons why THAT guy might not have thought of Oklahoma when thinking of tough places to play. Fair or not, beating #2 Tech, #1 Missouri, or #1 Nebraska 9 years ago apparently doesn't register on this guy's list of great wins at home. I think he's wrong just like you guys do.

Crucifax Autumn
9/29/2009, 02:49 PM
That guy's an idiot. Oregon is only tough when they utilize bad officials or play overrated, untested sack of crap pac10 teams.

Austin...Shat! Those people forget to even go in and sit drunk and stoned at the tailgates and the ones that get in don't make that much noise. The drag is usually louder on game day than the stadium.

The last time I heard any real noise in Austin was when they won the first big 12 championship. And of course the game wasn't there. The noise came froma bunch of drunk hippies I saw riding bikes carrying 12 packs and bongs screaming in the middle of the street while I was trying to get back to the car after doing some record shopping at Sound Exchange. They were screaming and acting retarded, but none of them had the stones or knowledge to even notice I was in full OU gear right next to their campus.

TexasLidig8r
9/29/2009, 04:23 PM
I want the home winning streak record. It's 58 and it's held by Miami... we're a long ways away but the fact that we should already have it should be motivation enough.

WIN! Repeat 58 times! :D

Stay away from those mighty MWC or non-BCS conference schools and you may attain it! ;)

Collier11
9/29/2009, 04:25 PM
Coming from the guy who roots for a team that lost to BAD A&M and Kstate teams to miss out on conf title games, your opinion doesnt hold much water :)

TexasLidig8r
9/29/2009, 04:57 PM
Coming from the guy who roots for a team that lost to BAD A&M and Kstate teams to miss out on conf title games, your opinion doesnt hold much water :)

Coming from a guy who roots for a team that has lost to TCU... Boise State.. and BYU... dayum.. it's a good thing you boys aren't in one of those Mountain conference things...

You'd have a lesser bowl game to lose in then! :D

CK Sooner
9/29/2009, 04:58 PM
Coming from a guy who roots for a team that has lost to TCU... Boise State.. and BYU... dayum.. it's a good thing you boys aren't in one of those Mountain conference things...

And we have still won the Big 12 Championship three years in a row.

Collier11
9/29/2009, 05:02 PM

LID, listen to yourself buddy...you are a little loopy today.

Big diff between losing to a really good TCU team, an undefeated and higher ranked Boise team, and a ranked BYU team without our AA QB or TE and losing to a horrible A&M team and KSU team at home to cost you a conf title