PDA

View Full Version : stuck in hell

Sonner magic923
9/28/2009, 07:18 PM
well im in austin all this week on buisness and my brothers with me wearing our ou gear around here. we gettin a lot of s*** for it, but so far its been all in fun but well see.

redhawk49
9/28/2009, 08:00 PM
If you accidently stumble into the wrong bar just make sure you protect your junk! If.... you know what I mean....

soonerloyal
9/28/2009, 08:08 PM
You may be stuck in Hell, but you are robed in Crimson Armor. Thy loins are girded, thy sword is sharp, thy task is true. Rejoice in the truth and spread the Gospel of Sooner where'er you go, Brethren. Represent the Righteousness!

Amen, verily. :D

bluedogok
9/28/2009, 08:23 PM
I get less crap from the locals living here than I ever did living in Dallas. The Whorns get more obnoxious the further they get away from Austin.

cherrylimeade
9/28/2009, 08:23 PM
Make sure your junk doesn't get ripped off with that tshirt on ...

Crucifax Autumn
9/29/2009, 12:57 AM
I wore my OU gear for years in Austin, even on the Drag and on 6th street. And this was in the 90s.

Sooner in Tampa
9/29/2009, 05:25 AM
I spent the weekend partying with a buddy who has been sentenced to live in Austin...it's not that bad for him because he is a USF guy...the point he is...he said...dude you have to come and hang out in Austin for the weekend

Sorry mate...ain't gonna happen, I mean, I hear it is a great city and all, but to me...it is the center of hell.

Jacie
9/29/2009, 06:05 AM
You may be stuck in Hell, but you are robed in Crimson Armor. Thy loins are girded, thy sword is sharp, thy task is true. Rejoice in the truth and spread the Gospel of Sooner where'er you go, Brethren. Represent the Righteousness!

Amen, verily. :D

Yeah, well the guy's in the heart of enemy territory. It ain't gonna do him any good to have girded loins if some gorilla kicks the living s**t out of them.

Dan Thompson
9/29/2009, 08:19 AM
I was expecting you to say you where in El Paso.

TexasLidig8r
9/29/2009, 08:19 AM
well im in austin all this week on buisness and my brothers with me wearing our ou gear around here. we gettin a lot of s*** for it, but so far its been all in fun but well see.

Here's an idea. .how about a nice change of pace..

Try going to one of the hundreds of restaurants which have cloth napkins and require silverware to eat your food.

Collier11
9/29/2009, 08:23 AM
and while yer at it LID, why dont you try changing things up and stop overcharging people ;)

beer4me
9/29/2009, 08:24 AM

Try going to one of the hundreds of restaurants which have cloth napkins and require silverware to eat your food.

So are you saying that is the only place's in Austin that have anyone with any class.

If so that is pretty sad that you can't find any normal folks at Wal-mart or Mickey D's :D

badger
9/29/2009, 08:29 AM
Rent a plane and fly around Austin reminding the whorns that they lost to Tech 39-33. You make a lot more people angry that way than just walking around in an OU shirt :D

Sooner in Tampa
9/29/2009, 08:32 AM

hahaha...So now sexat has cornered the market on decenct resturants?

Dude...make sure you order Bevo...medium rare.

KantoSooner
9/29/2009, 08:54 AM
Austin is not hell.

Odessa is hell.

Collier11
9/29/2009, 09:53 AM
Kind of like our Lawton?

westbrooke
9/29/2009, 10:01 AM
Austin is not hell.

Odessa is hell.

Hahahaha, I would have said Abilene, but that's a worthy argument.

Strangely enough, magic923, there's another active thread (the one about Landry Jones meeting the UT DL) with a lot of good restaurant recommendations. I'm going to assume you're somewhere inside the 183, I-35, Mopac, 290 loop. If you're downtown, try Lambert's BBQ, El Chile or Manuel's on Congress for Mexican, or the new gourmet hot dog place on Colorado called Frank for good hot dogs and better drinks. If you're south, check out South Congress for several good options including Guerro's, Vespiao, and Woodland. If you're north, there's a great Mexican place that doesn't get much traffic called Santa Rita, hidden in a shopping center behind the Waterloo Ice House on 38th; there's also Threadgills on Lamar and Mandola's at the Lamar-Guadalupe junction. At some point you should go see a movie at the Alamo Drafthouse.

Sigh. I miss Austin. I agree with whoever said the douchiest horns don't live in Austin, they live in the ever-expanding concentric circles surrounding the city. A Sooner can still make a good living there.

badger
9/29/2009, 10:14 AM
Austin is not hell.

Odessa is hell.

so is olestra ;)

cheezyq
9/29/2009, 11:15 AM

It's too long a trip to find the closest one to Austin, that's why.

Jello Biafra
9/29/2009, 11:28 AM

[Anthony Micheal Hall]I guess that makes me....king of the dipshiits. [/Anthony Micheal Hall]

ELP Sooner
9/29/2009, 11:36 AM
I was expecting you to say you where in El Paso.

Beelzebub

soonerloyal
10/1/2009, 07:21 PM
Yeah, well the guy's in the heart of enemy territory. It ain't gonna do him any good to have girded loins if some gorilla kicks the living s**t out of them.

Yeah, well it was an attempt to make him smile and remind him to be proud of being a Sooner in Tx. Need me to carry a few bags for you so you can lighten up? :rolleyes:

Crucifax Autumn
10/1/2009, 07:23 PM
[Anthony Micheal Hall]I guess that makes me....king of the dipshiits. [/Anthony Micheal Hall]

Actually, that title belongs to yellerteef.

stoopified
10/1/2009, 09:03 PM

Amen, verily. :DRIGHT ON,HALLELUAH,AMEN !

AzianSooner
10/1/2009, 09:07 PM
Austin is more fun than.. hmm. OKC?

rawlingsHOH
10/1/2009, 10:53 PM
Austin is more fun than.. hmm. OKC?
Have you lived in Cambodia your entire life?

VA Sooner
10/2/2009, 12:16 AM
Boomer Sooner in Austin.

Love it.

SanJoaquinSooner
10/2/2009, 12:37 AM
might as well salt lick (http://www.saltlickbbq.com/menu.html) it.

mojohornfan
10/2/2009, 06:48 AM
might as well salt lick (http://www.saltlickbbq.com/menu.html) it.

Now you're talking...

47straight
10/2/2009, 04:39 PM
I get less crap from the locals living here than I ever did living in Dallas. The Whorns get more obnoxious the further they get away from Austin.

I disagree. They are more obnoxious the closer they get to Dean Keeton and Guadalupe.

No offense bluedog, but if I'm not mistaken you're way out in the burbs where the effect is diminished.

47straight
10/2/2009, 04:42 PM

Lid's vision of Austin is of a rich booster coming back to live it up and remind himself of the good ole days.

The reality is that the hundreds of restaurants are staffed by people with ear gap and nose piercings, M.A.'s in literature, who are way, way, way too cool to be actually bringing you your food.

Sonner magic923
10/2/2009, 04:51 PM
happy to report that im back on Oklahoma soil now and made it out of there without any problems...and ya i had dinner at a few of those restaurants and i got to agree with 47 about the staffs of those places but one place i must admit did have some good food...cant remember the name of it but it was on Lake Austin. All in all we had fun though.

47straight
10/3/2009, 09:27 AM
happy to report that im back on Oklahoma soil now and made it out of there without any problems...and ya i had dinner at a few of those restaurants and i got to agree with 47 about the staffs of those places but one place i must admit did have some good food...cant remember the name of it but it was on Lake Austin. All in all we had fun though.

Hula Hut?

Sonner magic923
10/3/2009, 09:29 AM
Hula Hut?

ya thats it

47straight
10/3/2009, 09:47 AM
ya thats it

That's a good time. Your hosts done good by you.