PDA

View Full Version : Case Keenum

SCxxSOONER
9/28/2009, 02:38 PM
should be the leader for the heisman IMHO

IowaSooner26
9/28/2009, 02:42 PM
Much agreed! If Houston can keep this up they should get a BCS bid before Boise.

SCxxSOONER
9/28/2009, 02:46 PM
Much agreed! If Houston can keep this up they should get a BCS bid before Boise.

Definitely they've beaten 2 quality teams if you want to count Tech who played *texas* tough in Austin. Sumlin has done one hell of a job down there.

tigepilot
9/28/2009, 02:51 PM
I live in his old HS district. I know the locals would be going crazy for that. There was a lot of stuff on the local news about that Tech-Houston game because Potts was from Abilene High and Keenum was from neighboring Wylie High (also primarily in Abilene).

TMcGee86
9/28/2009, 02:55 PM
I totally agree.

And it has nothing to do with the fact that he went to my high school. ;)

(Go Bulldogs!)

bringit
9/28/2009, 03:04 PM
he's a year away

SouthFortySooner
9/28/2009, 03:20 PM
Sumlin does seem to have them playing crisply. Whur did he lern thet?

SCxxSOONER
9/28/2009, 04:41 PM
Compare his resume to any other player in the country and i think he has the best, tebow hasnt beaten anyone, neither has colt and colt played lousy against the one team that was decent, led his team to victory at OSU and late 4 th qtr drive against TT, having a heck of a yr so far

goingoneight
9/28/2009, 04:59 PM
I love that speedy spread offense where the snap and handoffs or play fakes are so smooth. That's a tough offense for anyone to defend... and even tougher to hang with.

85sooners
9/28/2009, 05:50 PM
good player

instigator
9/28/2009, 06:02 PM
Very impressed wth him. The kid is smoooth.

soonerinabilene
9/28/2009, 08:12 PM
I live in his old HS district. I know the locals would be going crazy for that. There was a lot of stuff on the local news about that Tech-Houston game because Potts was from Abilene High and Keenum was from neighboring Wylie High (also primarily in Abilene).

whats crazy is sandifer doesnt run anything close to the houston offense. thats what has impressed me the most about case. he grasped that offense from the very beginning. smart kid. so do you work at tige?

tigepilot
9/28/2009, 08:29 PM
I haven't really followed local football here, mainly because none of the schools mean anything to me, so I didn't know what Wylie ran here. Been meaning to go and check out a game with the family but for some reason always have something else to do.

Anyway, I used to work for tige. I moved here for that and signed on here with that username a few years back thinking I was just going to ask a question here and move on. If I thought I'd be sticking around, I'd given it more thought. I no longer work for tige so the name no longer fits. Been thinking about getting a new username and starting over... just have to get used to being called nOOb all the time again (always wondered why that was such a big deal). I guess you know people at tige? I'm guessing you don't because the only other Sooner I knew that worked there has also moved on.

soonerinabilene
9/28/2009, 08:58 PM
my brother in law used to work there. quit right before that big layoff a year ago, trying to save his friend from getting laid off. didnt work. you should check out an abilene high game this year, see the two simms kids run around everybody. they are special.

LawtonBoy74
9/29/2009, 01:13 AM
Case is having a great year...I havent seen their schedule yet, but so far it looks like they could go undefeated

sooner59
9/29/2009, 01:19 AM
....messes with Sasquatch.

Is it too early for this?

Sooner70
9/29/2009, 05:57 AM
People down here Houston way love him. 'Course, these folks are looking for any kind of hero after the horrendous way the Texans are playing & the Astros washed out this season.

Jacie
9/29/2009, 06:03 AM
And his name is almost as cool as Colt McCoy . . .

Widescreen
9/29/2009, 06:49 AM

Abilene and Wylie are nowhere near each other. At least a couple hundred miles apart. Are you sure you don't mean some other town?

Edit: Do you mean the name of the school is Wylie, not the town?

sooner59
9/29/2009, 09:56 AM
....is still better looking than Case McCoy.

tigepilot
9/29/2009, 10:03 AM
Abilene and Wylie are nowhere near each other. At least a couple hundred miles apart. Are you sure you don't mean some other town?

Edit: Do you mean the name of the school is Wylie, not the town?

In my post (not edited, the way it was originally typed), I said Keenum was from a neighboring Wylie High... I didn't say anything about it being a neighboring town. Even had in parenthesis that it was primarily in Abilene. I don't even see how you could confuse what I said. :rolleyes:

And yes, I am sure what I meant. I live in the Wylie school district IN Abilene.

Edit: http://www.wylie.esc14.net/
This is the school. Address at the bottom is in Abilene.

Widescreen
9/29/2009, 11:52 AM
In my post (not edited, the way it was originally typed), I said Keenum was from a neighboring Wylie High... I didn't say anything about it being a neighboring town. Even had in parenthesis that it was primarily in Abilene. I don't even see how you could confuse what I said. :rolleyes:

And yes, I am sure what I meant. I live in the Wylie school district IN Abilene.

Edit: http://www.wylie.esc14.net/
This is the school. Address at the bottom is in Abilene.

Sorry to have offended you. LOL. I live about 1 mile from Wylie, TX which is why I asked. I didn't remember him playing for them.

TMcGee86
9/29/2009, 04:44 PM
Heh, yeah he went to Abilene Wylie. Which is it's own ISD. The town was originally on the outskirts of Abilene but eventually just faded into memory. Now there is no such town as Wylie in or around Abilene.

And then this johnny-come-lately near Dallas pops up and thinks it can call itself Wylie. Pfft. Weak sauce.

But yeah, I went there, it's in Abliene, it's a 3A school, their colors are purple and gold and their mascot is the bulldog.

And Sandifer runs whatever system his talent dictates. He is one of the best coaches in the state as far as getting the most out what he's dealt.

In Keenum's case, he basically was the offense. He played RB some games because he was just that good and he was by far the best athlete on the field. Sandifer just made sure the ball was put in his hands and the rest took care of itself, to the tune of a state championship.

soonerinabilene
9/29/2009, 04:47 PM
Wylie has their own school district, but 98% of it is inside the Abilene city limits. They refused to merge about ten years ago because they would have had to move up from 3a to 4a, and by now 5a, and would have got their collective a**es handed to them in every sport.

TMcGee86
9/29/2009, 04:54 PM
Wylie has their own school district, but 98% of it is inside the Abilene city limits. They refused to merge about ten years ago because they would have had to move up from 3a to 4a, and by now 5a, and would have got their collective a**es handed to them in every sport.

Actually not true, Abilene High and Cooper High had talked about merging but Wylie was never in the discussion.

They would never merge because they are in no way associated with each other and AISD has so many problems there is no way WISD would ever want to take on some of that.

And Wylie routinely beats the best 4A teams in the state, so to say they would have their asses handed to them is just silly.

Plus, were they to merge the districts would have to be realigned and would no doubt bring the best of Abilene High's athlete's into the fold. The ones that used to go to Cooper in the 90's before realignment.

Such a school would dominate 5A.

MeMyself&Me
9/29/2009, 05:07 PM
I think academics play a large part in why Wylie ISD would not want to merge with Abilene ISD. People around here search for houses in Wylie so their kids can go here and it does effect property value to some degree.

unbiasedtruth
9/29/2009, 07:20 PM
When Wylie was Wylie.... was that the "wet" part of Abilene that the town had surrounded???

MeMyself&Me
9/29/2009, 08:26 PM
When Wylie was Wylie.... was that the "wet" part of Abilene that the town had surrounded???

Before my time here but I'd be curious to know about it if someone knows.

BoomerJack
9/30/2009, 11:47 AM
Definitely they've beaten 2 quality teams if you want to count Tech who played *texas* tough in Austin. Sumlin has done one hell of a job down there.

When Sumlin was named HC down here, a UH acquaintance commented that he was a little skeptical since he didn't know much about him, Sumlin wasn't an HC before, etc. I told him that Sumlin had been an assistant at O.U. for several years with stints at few other places before. I also said that very few people in the Sooner Nation were familiar with Bob Stoops when he was named our HC.

TMcGee86
9/30/2009, 06:56 PM

Before my time here but I'd be curious to know about it if someone knows.

No, that was Impact which is on the north side of town.

Wylie was on the south side of town.

MeMyself&Me
9/30/2009, 09:28 PM
No, that was Impact which is on the north side of town.

Wylie was on the south side of town.

That makes sense with what I've been told in the past. In stories not related to Wylie, I was told that there were liquor stores and whatnot in the town immediately to the North and just across the Abilene city boundary. They never said that town no longer existed or that it eventually became a part of Abilene.

Also heard that when the law passed making Abilene wet, that beer trucks sat right at the border waiting for the exact moment the new laws went into effect to drive across the line. I guess it was somewhat of a dramatic event.

stoopified
9/30/2009, 09:50 PM
If they call Keenum The Trophy Case,then he would have a better nickname than Colt.

soonerboy_odanorth
9/30/2009, 10:01 PM
In the discussion at this point, no doubt... without question... in a good way.

And, uh, Sumlin, as far as I can tell, can coach.

madillsoonerfan5353
9/30/2009, 10:07 PM
should be the leader for the heisman IMHO

I heard on 103.3 Espn today that if he was 3 inches taller he would be?? I didn't know that The Heisman had a height requirement??:O Troy Smith is like 5'4"!