PDA

View Full Version : The more they talk, the less we're buying it...

Okla-homey
9/28/2009, 07:28 AM
:pop:

Support for Health Care Plan Hits New Low
Monday, September 28, 2009

Just 41% of voters nationwide now favor the health care reform proposed by President Obama and congressional Democrats. That’s down two points from a week ago and the lowest level of support yet measured.

The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 56% are opposed to the plan.

Senior citizens are less supportive of the plan than younger voters. In the latest survey, just 33% of seniors favor the plan while 59% are opposed. The intensity gap among seniors is significant. Only 16% of the over-65 crowd Strongly Favors the legislation while 46% are Strongly Opposed.

For the first time ever, a slight plurality of voters now express doubt that the legislation will become law this year. Forty-six percent (46%) say passage is likely while 47% say it is not. Those figures include 18% who say passage is Very Likely and 15% who say it is Not at All Likely. Sixty percent (60%) are less certain.

Sixty-eight percent (68%) of Democrats say the plan is at least somewhat likely to become law. Sixty-one percent (61%) of Republicans disagree. Among those not affiliated with either major party, 34% say passage is at least somewhat likely while 58% say it is not.

TheHumanAlphabet
9/28/2009, 08:57 AM
Now the libs want illegals to have access to health care...Are they really trying to kill it???

badger
9/28/2009, 09:19 AM
The issue won't die... they've spent too long discussing it. It's probably good that it won't die, because it's important issue and one that many have wanted for a long time. However, they really need to get this taken care of, because 2009 ends in a few months, and 2010 is an election year. The success or failure of this idea will decide which party has control of the federal House and possibly the Senate.

85Sooner
9/28/2009, 10:24 AM
Meanwhile, Russia, Iran, Afghanistan, Venezuela, North Korea and China are all showing their military wares and OUR president has talked to the commander in Afghanistan ONE time. Its gonna be a long three and a half years.

My Opinion Matters
9/28/2009, 10:31 AM
Meanwhile, Russia, Iran, Afghanistan, Venezuela, North Korea and China are all showing their military wares and OUR president has talked to the commander in Afghanistan ONE time. Its gonna be a long three and a half years.

Yep, this is exactly what our country needs. More war and less healthcare.

85Sooner
9/28/2009, 11:25 AM
Yep, this is exactly what our country needs. More war and less healthcare.

Who said we needed more war? Not I. Do you think enough attention is being paid to these actions by these nations? IMO, we will not need to worry about healthcare if the bombs start flying. I think we will have other things to deal with.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/28/2009, 11:38 AM
Who said we needed more war? Not I. Do you think enough attention is being paid to these actions by these nations? IMO, we will not need to worry about healthcare if the bombs start flying. I think we will have other things to deal with.Ha, as if ignoring threats from hostile governments will prevent wars!

NormanPride
9/28/2009, 11:39 AM
And if Obama went and dealt with them, people would bitch that he's spending too much time with despots and not enough time fixing things at home.

Fraggle145
9/28/2009, 11:41 AM
LOUD NOISES!!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/28/2009, 11:47 AM
LOUD NOISES!!MAKE THEM GO AWAY! LET'S TALK ABOUT SOCIALIZED MEDICINE, AND HOW LOVELY IT IS!

85Sooner
9/28/2009, 12:37 PM
MAKE THEM GO AWAY! LET'S TALK ABOUT SOCIALIZED MEDICINE, AND HOW LOVELY IT IS!

NO NO NO, I am busy. I need to go see who I can strong arm to get the olympics to come to MY town and trying to find a way to get scheduled on sesame street. I don't have time for that other stuff (that I have no idea what to do with anyway).

85Sooner
9/28/2009, 12:39 PM
And if Obama went and dealt with them, people would bitch that he's spending too much time with despots and not enough time fixing things at home.

So far, his "fixen" things is having the opposite results.

Fraggle145
9/28/2009, 02:02 PM
LOUDER NOISES!!!!

KABOOKIE
9/28/2009, 02:20 PM
****, I thought this was another "climate change" thread.

LOUD NOISES!!!!!

49r
9/28/2009, 02:49 PM
Is the term "sonic dissonance" redundant?

I think so but I'm not sure. Anybody know for sure?

tbl
9/28/2009, 03:39 PM
I love... cup.

49r
9/28/2009, 04:01 PM
Yeah, I think it's redundant...