9/27/2009, 11:01 PM
A little surprising IMO.

JLEW1818
9/27/2009, 11:01 PM
A little surprising IMO.

my thought exactly

Curly Bill
9/27/2009, 11:04 PM
Yup, if I was a wagering man I'd be tempeted to take Miami.

TXBOOMER
9/27/2009, 11:10 PM
A little surprising IMO.

Absolutely agree.

TenkillerSooner
9/27/2009, 11:49 PM
I would prefer to be the underdogs in this one.

MyT Oklahoma
9/27/2009, 11:57 PM
I would have preferred to have been the underdogs against BYU.

P.S. Just kidding.

Crucifax Autumn
9/28/2009, 02:05 AM
I wish Miami was a 30 point favorite.

OUHOMER
9/28/2009, 05:28 AM
did you all see them play Va tech. they didnt look good, their D was porous and there O line didn't look to good

BoulderSooner79
9/28/2009, 06:26 AM
I thought they looked bad against FSU as well. Their defense made Ponder (FSU QB) look good and he has never looked good before. But I'll bet they play better at home against us next week.

ouflak
9/28/2009, 06:42 AM
Wow, I actually thought most of the books would stay away from this line until they knew for sure who the quarterback was going to be. I guess they figured it didn't matter. And add to that the fact that the Miami defense has given up a lot points.

GottaHavePride
9/28/2009, 08:48 AM
Miami looked like a steaming dog turd against VT - I'm surprised the line isn't higher.

EDIT: I'd take us minus the 6.5 points easy.

Crucifax Autumn
9/28/2009, 08:50 AM
Me too.

IronHorseSooner
9/28/2009, 09:00 AM
If their OL had problems with VT, then they will have major problems against OUr DL. Their TE is a converted basketball player. VT blocked a punt against them, and I know that guys like Trice and Hurst are licking their chops to get after Miami punter. Remember, if an FSU receiver wouldn't have dropped a TD pass, Miami would be 1-2 right now. Most Miami fans that I know down here don't give them much of a chance to win this, regardless if The Stache or Sam play. Miami is about a year away from being decent.

meoveryouxinfinity
9/28/2009, 09:16 AM
If they score more than 2 TDs I will be shocked.

Crucifax Autumn
9/28/2009, 09:18 AM
If they score more than 2 FGs I will be shocked.

Fixed :D

meoveryouxinfinity
9/28/2009, 09:25 AM
Fixed :D

surprised, but not shocked. :P

tru2ou
9/28/2009, 09:29 AM
Ease up on the overhyping of OU guys. We lost our only game away from Owen Field this year. Our QB has never started a road game, especially one at night against a top 20 team in a hostile environment. Bradofrd may be back but Miami will blitz early and often if he plays.

Score comparisons are a bad way to look at things. FSU went on the road and score 54 on a BYU team we could only muster 13 points against. and don't give me the Bradford excuse, OU wasnt going to score more than 28 with Bradford in the game. Its just not a good way to compare things.

Miami went on the road and got pounded by VT. VT was focused and ready to play. It happens to every team every year.

Can anyone tell me the last time OU/Bob Stoops went on the road and beat a non-conference top 20 team? How about NEVER! I know, I know, we beat Oregon but the simple fact is, it doesnt count unless you actually score more points. :-)

I hope OU will go play well but until I see them on the road, I will have my doubts. 6.5 seems like a ton of points and I expect it to be around 4 by the end of the week. They are begging people to take Miami in this game right now.

- tru

IronHorseSooner
9/28/2009, 09:31 AM
My prediction is that whatever Miami fans show for the game will be gone by halftime. Coach Stoops & Company might be in a "prove a point" mode by that time, and Miami will be the victim. I, personally, view the KU and Nebbish games as tougher road tests for the team than this one. If nothing else, look at the way The Huskers played VA TECH and then the Miami against the same VA TECH team.

CobraKai
9/28/2009, 09:40 AM
Ease up on the overhyping of OU guys. We lost our only game away from Owen Field this year. Our QB has never started a road game, especially one at night against a top 20 team in a hostile environment. Bradofrd may be back but Miami will blitz early and often if he plays.

Score comparisons are a bad way to look at things. FSU went on the road and score 54 on a BYU team we could only muster 13 points against. and don't give me the Bradford excuse, OU wasnt going to score more than 28 with Bradford in the game. Its just not a good way to compare things.

Miami went on the road and got pounded by VT. VT was focused and ready to play. It happens to every team every year.

Can anyone tell me the last time OU/Bob Stoops went on the road and beat a non-conference top 20 team? How about NEVER! I know, I know, we beat Oregon but the simple fact is, it doesnt count unless you actually score more points. :-)

I hope OU will go play well but until I see them on the road, I will have my doubts. 6.5 seems like a ton of points and I expect it to be around 4 by the end of the week. They are begging people to take Miami in this game right now.

- tru

Is it harder to play a non-conference road game v. a conference road game?

tru2ou
9/28/2009, 09:45 AM
In some cases, yes. Its earlier in the season and going on the road with a young team can be difficult.

- tru

CBUS_SOONER
9/28/2009, 09:51 AM
We(fans) are way too cocky. I'm scared to death of the U. Starting to remind me of the noise I heard before the BYU game.

Sooner in Tampa
9/28/2009, 10:01 AM
I HATE night road games!!!! I am scared ****less of this game, but I still think we win.

I would take the Miami if I were a betting man....I think 6.5 is too many...I am thinking this is going to be FG difference game.

I really do like Iron's thinking though.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/28/2009, 10:04 AM
that means that if they were playing in Norman, the spread would be almost what it was against Tulsa..

yermom
9/28/2009, 10:46 AM
we'd kill them in Norman

i'm afraid of this game in Miami though. i'd feel better if we were running over people on the ground vs. airing it out

Widescreen
9/28/2009, 11:19 AM
Yeah, there are an awful lot of cocky comments in this thread which is odd since our last time outside Norman, we laid an egg. Fortunately, we can be as cocky as we want since we're not actually playing.

rawlingsHOH
9/28/2009, 12:03 PM
I'm a little surprised by the spread. I think they give 3-6 points to the home field (depending on advantage). So say 4.5 in this case.

That would be 11-point favorites on a neutral site, and 15.5 at Norman. Wow!

CBUS_SOONER
9/28/2009, 02:35 PM
I am a betting man... I will be taking the U. Hate to say it

Crucifax Autumn
9/28/2009, 02:38 PM

I hope you lose some money!

CBUS_SOONER
9/28/2009, 02:41 PM
me too.

tigepilot
9/28/2009, 02:44 PM

With that spread, it doesn't surprise me. That said, being the betting man you are, where do you think the line should be to make you take OU? This line seems to me like the line setters are begging the betting public to go with Miami. Will be interesting to see if there is any movement as the week goes on.

CBUS_SOONER
9/28/2009, 02:50 PM
It could be a pick em and I may not pick OU... I am scared of this game. I still have the BYU performance in the back of my mind. For what its worth, I haven't had much luck this yr betting. I hope we drill the U

humblesooner
9/28/2009, 02:50 PM
Not my opinion of the outcome, but I thought there was a chance that the spread would be double digits. Miami really looked horrible last week. OU's last time out, they looked like world beaters.
Also, the OU D has given up 14 points total and 7 of those were on a defensive breakdown from what I hear.
I would be afraid to take Miami and only get 6.5 points.
I think this line goes higher before the week is over.

CBUS_SOONER
9/28/2009, 02:51 PM
If Bradford plays it will def. go up

bringit
9/28/2009, 02:56 PM
sticky weather

http://i410.photobucket.com/albums/pp185/antrikikin/miami.jpg

CBUS_SOONER
9/28/2009, 02:58 PM
sticky weather

http://i410.photobucket.com/albums/pp185/antrikikin/miami.jpg

battery is gettin low

meoveryouxinfinity
9/28/2009, 03:02 PM
We will kill em.

bringit
9/28/2009, 03:02 PM
battery is gettin low

it sure is but it's already 4:00 so I'll be good :D

sooner ngintunr
9/28/2009, 03:04 PM
We will kill em.
yep

SoonersEnFuego
9/28/2009, 03:06 PM
I think they'll get up for us.

But then they'll realize what they're in for and we'll be able to coast the second half.

bringit
9/28/2009, 03:08 PM
I hope yall are right but a dry field worries me.

Crucifax Autumn
9/28/2009, 03:13 PM
They will come out blazing on their first possession and pick up a bunch of yards and may or may not score.

After that...OUr D owns them and makes their QB look like a pee-wee player against a pro defense. The offense will come off that.

KantoSooner
9/28/2009, 04:05 PM
To me it is going to come down to how well we can put pressure on their QB. If we can force him to throw quickly and keep him pinned up in the pocket, we win and very possibly win big. If we let him run around and buy time it's a crap shoot.
I think our D Line and ends get the job done and we win. If we don't screw around early with lack of focus, we win big.
Just my look.

JLEW1818
9/28/2009, 04:26 PM
the last time that i bet on my team... in this case the Houston Oilers vs Bills, 1993

i was like 5 or 6, bet 50cents with my buddy at school..... and we all saw how this game finished......

since then i have never bet on my team

Crucifax Autumn
9/28/2009, 04:33 PM
Damnit JLEW...I'd almost purged that horrid memory.

East Coast Bias
9/28/2009, 06:41 PM
I think we need to show up and play well to win this game. The only danger with Miami is the deep ball, I can see their speed receivers running around open in the secondary, we need to clock Jacory early and often. Their run game will never get off the ground......

Crucifax Autumn
9/29/2009, 01:01 AM
well, the good news is receivers getting BEHIND us is rarely a problem with a Venables D...Receivers getting 20 yards IN FRONT of us on the other hand...

sooner59
9/29/2009, 01:51 AM
The way Jacory Harris throws.....even if they were 20 yards behind us, we could probably realize he threw it, then catch up and get the INT.

He tosses a bunch of floaters.

That is not bathroom humor.

Hehe.

JLEW1818
9/29/2009, 11:14 AM
The way Jacory Harris throws.....even if they were 20 yards behind us, we could probably realize he threw it, then catch up and get the INT.

He tosses a bunch of floaters.

That is not bathroom humor.

Hehe.

exactly

I noticed that week 1 against Florida State...

buffalobill989
9/29/2009, 11:59 AM
Damnit JLEW...I'd almost purged that horrid memory.

i love that one. best comeback in nfl history. got a oiler buddy left my house at halftime. i got the last laugh on that one. but he got it back in 2000 music city miracle. long 10 hour ride home:D

goingoneight
9/29/2009, 12:10 PM
As bad as the BYU game was, we were five false starts from Tress Way's FG being a 29-yarder instead of falling short, but right down the middle.

Not to take any moral victories, just sayin'... we didn't spend the whole week saying it's gonna be Sam to Jermaine, Sam to Jermaine and more Sam to Jermaine... and then "oh, shat... where's Sam and Jermaine?" We're improved fundamentally over the BYU game, and that will matter IMO. Whether we win or lose, I don't see porous pass-protection, holding, false starts and fumblitis breaking us. That game looked in many ways, for both teams even was just first game jitters. BYU just had more fuel in the tank once we ran out of ammo.

JLEW1818
9/29/2009, 04:36 PM
up to 7

http://www.madduxsports.com/college-football-lines.php

MeMyself&Me
9/29/2009, 05:10 PM
I guess not enough people were dared into betting on Miami.