PDA

View Full Version : Trouble in Lubbock??

mehip
9/27/2009, 11:00 PM
Just read an article about Tech suspending one of their OL starters for undisclosed violations of team rules. This happens all the time in most programs. But, what caught my attention was the following 'twitter quote' from one of the players.

"Wondering why I'm still in this meeting room when the head coach can't even be on time to his on [sic] meeting," Williams wrote on his "Kos 39" Twitter account.

The full article is here. (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4510370)

Curly Bill
9/27/2009, 11:02 PM
Someone's gonna be forced to walk the plank.

JLEW1818
9/27/2009, 11:02 PM
LOL

StoopTroup
9/27/2009, 11:10 PM
ARGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!

MATEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OUAlumni1990
9/27/2009, 11:25 PM
It's the dude who is so goth that you would swear bats were flying out of his azz. Just read about it at another site.

OUAlumni1990
9/27/2009, 11:28 PM
In other words:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3230/2998504286_38713aa859.jpg

rainiersooner
9/27/2009, 11:36 PM
It's the dude who is so gay that you would swear bats were flying out of his azz. Just read about it at another site.

Fixed. And I've got no problem with someone being gay...just think that dude should come out.

OUAlumni1990
9/28/2009, 12:00 AM
Fixed. And I've got no problem with someone being gay...just think that dude should come out.

ok, maybe you should go tell him. :pop:

Crucifax Autumn
9/28/2009, 02:15 AM
Don't be hatin' on King Diamond!

StoopTroup
9/28/2009, 05:09 AM
He probably ought to see someone about that roid rage huh? :D

Boomer_Sooner_sax
9/28/2009, 07:05 AM
Funny, he looks like a guy that would use Twitter.

batonrougesooner
9/28/2009, 07:14 AM
He looks like a clown.

Bet his parents are proud.

badger
9/28/2009, 07:20 AM
The goth OL? Oooo, I remember him from when Tech visited Norman last year! The officials had a field day when Tech was coming out of the tunnels right before the game and going back in at halftime.

This goth OL was one of the instigators of the trash talking before the game and on his way to the locker room, actually shoved an official away that was trying to keep the two teams separated as they were heading to the locker rooms. To his defense, his other teammates were going through the OU players without incident and he was one of the few being held back... and he didn't cause any troubles once he went through our team (after all, they were down by a lot at that point and had no reason to trash talk anymore).

My guess is that the loss to Hoo-stun was such a shock that he went all Oregon RB on some opponent after the game :D

iwannabelikesam
9/28/2009, 10:35 AM
Mutiny!

Leroyt
9/28/2009, 10:43 AM
If sand aggies' o-line spent more time on blocking and less on makeup application, they might win a few. Sad when the water boy also has to carry eyeliner out during timeouts.

sooneron
9/28/2009, 11:01 AM
Nothing is more funny than seeing that loser sit on the bench whilst teck is obviously about to lose. His hair is all f'd up , his make up is reminiscent of Tammy Faye's... Last year in Norman him on the bench...
Ahh good times.

unbiasedtruth
9/28/2009, 11:03 AM
Team captain, proected 1st team all american. didnt this guy do something really boneheaded in the Cotton Bowl last year at the end of the game as Ol' Miss thrashed Tech?

badger
9/28/2009, 11:13 AM
According to the wire version of the story I read on Espen, he said he bawled a lot when he heard he wasn't going to be captain and he wasn't going to play with his teammates next weekend... quoting twitter, but of course.

For such big, strong, brutal athletes, there sure are a lot of reports of crying in football. I guess that's why they don't play baseball???

Snyder Cyclone
9/28/2009, 11:47 AM
There ought to be trouble in Lulbbock because their Head Coach keeps running quarterback sneaks when the game is on the line and they never work.

rawlingsHOH
9/28/2009, 12:07 PM
The goth OL? Oooo, I remember him from when Tech visited Norman last year! The officials had a field day when Tech was coming out of the tunnels right before the game and going back in at halftime.

This goth OL was one of the instigators of the trash talking before the game and on his way to the locker room, actually shoved an official away that was trying to keep the two teams separated as they were heading to the locker rooms. To his defense, his other teammates were going through the OU players without incident and he was one of the few being held back... and he didn't cause any troubles once he went through our team (after all, they were down by a lot at that point and had no reason to trash talk anymore).

My guess is that the loss to Hoo-stun was such a shock that he went all Oregon RB on some opponent after the game :D

Yeah, the guy is a joke. He got absolutely owned by McCoy and Co last year.

I remember him being voted All-American and thought, why? Because he paints his face. He is so overwhelmingly average.

Rhino
9/28/2009, 01:07 PM
Leach has banned all players from Twitter. (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4511880)

Carter and Williams' twitter accounts are now gone.

badger
9/28/2009, 01:16 PM
That is soooo awesome that Mikey did that. More coaches should, because they're nothing but trouble for athletes. They're quoted all the time on Sportscenter and can only mean uber repercussions when a coach hears what you say about him.

Rhino
9/28/2009, 01:17 PM
Rumor is that Carter was suspended after he trashed the visiting locker room after their loss at Houston Saturday.

lNVxedatlu0

rainiersooner
9/28/2009, 01:35 PM
ok, maybe you should go tell him. :pop:

No way! I'd rather make fun of him safely and anonymously at my desk. Pth!

TheHumanAlphabet
9/28/2009, 02:10 PM
Rumor is that Carter was suspended after he trashed the visiting locker room after their loss at Houston Saturday.

I am sure the University of Houston will happily pay to return the locker room to its former condition.

sooner59
9/28/2009, 02:18 PM
The Program is a great movie.

Crucifax Autumn
9/28/2009, 02:20 PM
They should actually charge fans for the chance to trash a lockerroom. I'd pay good money for that and it would be a great fundraiser for smaller schools.

Jacie
9/28/2009, 02:28 PM
They should actually charge fans for the chance to trash a lockerroom. I'd pay good money for that and it would be a great fundraiser for smaller schools.

Personally, I wouldn't stand for it. Partly because it's a debasement of football but mostly because I never get invited to those sort of parties . . .

Crucifax Autumn
9/28/2009, 02:35 PM
Personally, I wouldn't stand for it. Partly because it's a debasement of football but mostly because I never get invited to those sort of parties . . .

LOL...You'd just have to buy a ticket!

MI Sooner
9/28/2009, 07:09 PM
That guy may be a freak, but I give him credit for hustling and making the tackles on both the Travis Lewis INT return and the Keenan Clayton fumble returns, IIRC.

soonerinabilene
9/28/2009, 08:02 PM
The Program is a great movie.

yeah, he aint got sh*t on Lattimer.

AzianSooner
9/28/2009, 08:27 PM
He cried because of regretion. He chose TT and now the last few months of his football life, he looks back and regret.

Like a girl who cried for the lost of virginity.

Leroy Lizard
9/28/2009, 09:36 PM
Texas coach Mack Brown said he thought it would be against the law to tell players they can't use social networking sites like Twitter, MySpace and Facebook.

"It would be a football rule and when they're students away from us, they really are under the guise of the university more than football," Brown said. "What we have done is encouraged them not to be on it. If they are on it, then they need to be classy and not put anything on there that they don't want their mom to read. These kids think that they're just in conversation with buddies, and that's public information."

I tend to agree with Mack. Sooner or later a player is going to sue and win.

Crucifax Autumn
9/29/2009, 12:55 AM
Then the rule should be they can't discuss football, or at the very least anything that's behind closed doors or practice/team meeting related.

Leroy Lizard
9/29/2009, 01:02 AM
I doubt they could even get away with that, except for something that could possibly allow the other team a competitive advantage.

I imagine a coach could get pretty mad, but I am not sure he could do much about it punishment-wise. The courts would probably rule that the player has the right to tell the public about a coach's behavior, even if it was behind closed doors.

BTW, I don't see anything wrong with Brandon Carter's tweet: "This is not how I saw our season."

sooner59
9/29/2009, 01:10 AM
I doubt they could even get away with that, except for something that could possibly allow the other team a competitive advantage.

I imagine a coach could get pretty mad, but I am not sure he could do much about it punishment-wise. The courts would probably rule that the player has the right to tell the public about a coach's behavior, even if it was behind closed doors.

True. However, Leach could reverse his decision and let them twitter all they want. However, it may affect his trust with him as a player and hence....."playing time". Plot twist that no lawsuit could touch. Plus Leach is a lawyer, so i'm sure he could get away with it.

Crucifax Autumn
9/29/2009, 01:12 AM
Leech is the kinda guy that would find a legal way to make the player miserble and it's obvious he doesn't give a **** if the player is good or not in these cases. He's a pirate for ****s sake!

sooner59
9/29/2009, 01:18 AM
yeah, he aint got sh*t on Lattimer.

STARTING DEFENSE!!!

Queue head smashing through car windows...:eek:

Leroy Lizard
9/29/2009, 02:34 AM
However, it may affect his trust with him as a player and hence....."playing time".

True enough, but how does he let the player know that his playing time was affected by twittering? If he doesn't inform him, then there is little point to the punishment.

sooner59
9/29/2009, 02:40 AM
True enough, but how does he let the player know that his playing time was affected by twittering? If he doesn't inform him, then there is little point to the punishment.

Why not just tell him? If Leach says "don't twitter" and the guy twitters, then Leach benches his ***, there is nothing they can do. It isn't a legal thing at all. The law has no jurisdiction in who sees playing time for what reason. Coaches may not be able to legally control if someone does something online, but they can bench someone for whatever reason they want. The law doesn't entitle anyone to playing time. If you want PT, do what the coach says....if not, play somewhere else. That is how I would deal with it if I were a coach.

Crucifax Autumn
9/29/2009, 05:41 AM
When have "team rules" ever blossomed into a court case on the college level?

Yep...That's what I thought.

Jacie
9/29/2009, 06:02 AM
There's no law in this country against smoking but if coach catches you doing it you won't be on the field on Saturdays.

badger
9/29/2009, 07:14 AM
Yeah, the guy is a joke. He got absolutely owned by McCoy and Co last year.

I remember him being voted All-American and thought, why? Because he paints his face. He is so overwhelmingly average.

To be fair, even if he got pwn3d in our game, he allegedly didn't give up a sack in 08, including the blowout against us... maybe Graham was just a good scrambler, I dunno.

But yet, I agree that the face paint thing set him apart and got him votes, much like being a "quarterback" stuck in a tight end's body (and lack of throwing ability) made Teeebow a "star."