PDA

View Full Version : Sooner Fans at Disney World

TXBOOMER
9/27/2009, 10:56 PM
Just got back from Disney World tonight. It is amazing how many people (like me) plan their vacations around the bye-week. Sooner gear was well represented.

JLEW1818
9/27/2009, 11:01 PM
nice!

SicEmBaylor
9/27/2009, 11:03 PM
Just got back from Disney World tonight. It is amazing how many people (like me) plan their vacations around the bye-week. Sooner gear was well represented.

I remember there were a lot of Sooners at Disney World the last time I went when I was about 8 or so. I remember because my parents (both Okie State grads) kept complaining about how many "damned OU fans" there were.

StoopTroup
9/27/2009, 11:08 PM
^ lol

Boarder
9/28/2009, 01:02 AM
I just got back from a vacation and at one store the dude asked me where I lived. I said, "Oklahoma."
He replied, "Oh, are you a Sooner fan? Wait, I better not say that. The other day a guy came in from Oklahoma and when I asked him that he said 'no, COWBOY fan' and got all mad."

It's funny how across the country people from Oklahoma are associated with being OU fans. osu doesn't seem to even exist outside of the state as Oklahoma state. Ohio State, if anything.

That must drive pooraggy crazy. :D

SicEmBaylor
9/28/2009, 02:06 AM
I just got back from a vacation and at one store the dude asked me where I lived. I said, "Oklahoma."
He replied, "Oh, are you a Sooner fan? Wait, I better not say that. The other day a guy came in from Oklahoma and when I asked him that he said 'no, COWBOY fan' and got all mad."

It's funny how across the country people from Oklahoma are associated with being OU fans. osu doesn't seem to even exist outside of the state as Oklahoma state. Ohio State, if anything.

My parents would always say, "OU has football but at least we have academics."

I believed that for a long time.

TXBOOMER
9/28/2009, 08:16 AM

OSU really doesn't exist outside of Oklahoma other than with the their alumni, no matter how hard T Booger Pickens tries. ;)

badger
9/28/2009, 08:32 AM
My parents would always say, "OU has football but at least we have academics."

I believed that for a long time.

http://i38.tinypic.com/30lmjrr.jpg

Sooner-N-KS
9/28/2009, 11:28 AM
OU was pretty well represented at Silver Dollar City this weekend as well. The only other school that was even close was Ark.

bringit
9/28/2009, 01:53 PM
I see OU gear every time I go to Disney or Universal and I go 4 or 5 times a year. Representin

Crucifax Autumn
9/28/2009, 02:32 PM
I see OU gear all over Vegas. Caps, jerseys, bumper stickers...

I see more OU stuff than SUC or even UNLV in town unless you count the shat on the racks at Wal Mart just sitting there unpurchased.

Crucifax Autumn
9/28/2009, 02:33 PM
More Raider shat of course. We have gangs here!

SoonerNate
9/28/2009, 03:56 PM

That is SO true. And Florida has a lot of OU fans so I'm not surprised at the Disney World remark.

Crucifax Autumn
9/28/2009, 04:00 PM
Am I the only one who finds it funny that Disney is surrounded by the largest Jewish community outside of the northeast?

TXBOOMER
9/28/2009, 08:50 PM
Am I the only one who finds it funny that Disney is surrounded by the largest Jewish community outside of the northeast?

No State taxes and lots of free stuff. Not really surprised. ;)