PDA

View Full Version : Robert Griffin III out for season - acl tear

iwannabelikesam
9/27/2009, 05:27 PM
That sucks, I liked his play. Hopefully he can come back next year and be a star.

http://www.baylorbears.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/092709aac.html

soonerhubs
9/27/2009, 05:28 PM
That makes me sad.

sooner ngintunr
9/27/2009, 05:29 PM
That sux, I was looking forward to watching him play in Norman. I probably won't go to that game now.

meoveryouxinfinity
9/27/2009, 05:31 PM
That sucks.

CK Sooner
9/27/2009, 05:31 PM
Good luck to him on the rehab.

Curly Bill
9/27/2009, 05:33 PM
Someone needs to check on SicEm. :(

OUHOMER
9/27/2009, 05:37 PM
Someone needs to check on SicEm. :(

Thats what I was thinking, he cold need a suicide watch :(

Hotrod3157
9/27/2009, 05:38 PM
Hope he makes a full recovery. He's a lot of fun to watch.

SicEmBaylor
9/27/2009, 05:38 PM
I'd be more upset if this just weren't exactly the kind of **** that I'm used to as a Baylor fan. I really believe we're cursed. If we ever had a successful season I think it'd be the first sign of the end times.

So, what was a very hopeful season is just another average Baylor season. F**K us.

When does the men's tennis and intramural rugby season start?

SicEmBaylor
9/27/2009, 05:40 PM
Actually, I think I'm really onto something. I'm only going to watch intramural Baylor sports from here on out. When we play against ourselves we sure aren't truly winning anything, but we're not losing either!

Curly Bill
9/27/2009, 05:43 PM
Actually, I think I'm really onto something. I'm only going to watch intramural Baylor sports from here on out. When we play with ourselves we sure truly winning anything, but we're not losing either!

Freudian?

jumperstop
9/27/2009, 05:44 PM
Wasn't he a successful track star too? Like Olympic worthy? If so that sucks because he could have ruined his chances to run in the Olympics. Thats worse than missing a season of Baylor football.

TexasSoonerdad
9/27/2009, 05:50 PM
Very sad. Incredible athlete. Was really looking forward to watching him play in Norman.

OUHOMER
9/27/2009, 05:51 PM
When we play with ourselves we sure truly winning !

Well, thats a positive spin :D

SicEmBaylor
9/27/2009, 05:51 PM
Wasn't he a successful track star too? Like Olympic worthy? If so that sucks because he could have ruined his chances to run in the Olympics. Thats worse than missing a season of Baylor football.

Yes. He barely missed the last Olympics. He should be healthy though by the time the next one rolls around assuming he can get back into peak shape.

SicEmBaylor
9/27/2009, 05:52 PM
Freudian?

That entire post was a cluster****. It's fixed.
I'm just REALLY pissed off right now.

StoopTroup
9/27/2009, 05:52 PM
Don't ask me to pray for him...he deserved what he got. :D ;)

instigator
9/27/2009, 05:53 PM
That sucks. Good luck to him.

Curly Bill
9/27/2009, 05:53 PM
If Tebow ever gets his marbles unscrambled he can heal him.

Griffin's almost fast enough he could be a Gaytor himself.

SicEmBaylor
9/27/2009, 05:54 PM
Don't ask me to pray for him...he deserved what he got. :D ;)

Unless prayers can heal a torn ACL by the OU game then don't bother. UGH. This sucks a lot of monkey ***. A lot.

SicEmBaylor
9/27/2009, 05:56 PM
The thing is, I'm not totally sure but I think Syz hurt his shoulder plowing into the endzone for a TD.

Now, the thing is Syz sucks as a QB which is why he was so quickly replaced by a true freshman. If Syz really sucks you can imagine our 3rd string (Flo) who may be the starter now. I honestly don't know who our QB is at the moment.

Soonerus
9/27/2009, 05:57 PM
Hate to hear that he is a great player...

badger
9/27/2009, 06:03 PM
I feel bad for Baylor fans that finally saw light at the end of the no-going-to-bowl-once-again tunnel. I also feel bad for the guy since he's the one injured and all.

However, Baylor fans should still see the light at the end of the tunnel, because the coach that's in right now is a crazy mad recruiter if he was able to pull a track star in and make him the starting QB (over a guy that used to be the highly-touted future of a then-respected Miami program). There are a few other examples that I've read about (some hockey player from Canada, the first rounder that went to the NFL this past Draft) that show that at least you're finding some talent now that isn't just limited to the punter.

Stay positive, Bears - your beer will only get stolen once every seven days! ;)

JLEW1818
9/27/2009, 06:39 PM
Well that sucks

StoopTroup
9/27/2009, 06:41 PM
Unless prayers can heal a torn ACL by the OU game then don't bother. UGH. This sucks a lot of monkey ***. A lot.

I could pray his Doctors re-read his scans and find out they were wrong....but then your gonna have to show up to Dean's TG with a lot of Zima.

Collier11
9/27/2009, 06:50 PM
That really sucks, I was actually pulling for Baylor to make a Bowl game this year. It makes that game a little easier after Miami but I would have rather had Griffin go against us so we get their best shot

westbrooke
9/27/2009, 07:31 PM
Wow, that's an awful turn of events. Sorry for Mr. Griffin.

SunnySooner
9/27/2009, 07:37 PM
Crap!!!! I've really been impressed with Griffin, thought Baylor had a chance to have a great season, was even skeered a little at the thought of facing him, he's a playa. He's the most underrated player in the Big 12 imo, hope he has a full recovery. I've torn an acl. It's not fun, would not recommend it except for the drugs, but he's in top form and should be able to come back. God bless, Go Bears.

CrimsonJim
9/27/2009, 07:46 PM
Damn, that's a real shame. I hope the young man fully recovers and continues what promises to be a great career.

StoopTroup
9/27/2009, 07:55 PM
SicEm...you comin to the TG?

SicEmBaylor
9/27/2009, 10:29 PM
SicEm...you comin to the TG?

Well, I had been planning on going. I've gone to the OU/Baylor game in Norman the last 3 times.

IF we're playing like absolute **** though I'm not going to bother. It depends on what kind of effort we put into our games with RGIII out.

Octavian
9/27/2009, 10:30 PM
wow...that does suck. RG is a great athlete and made Baylor a dangerous opponent for most teams in the Big XII...hope he makes a full recovery.

LawtonBoy74
9/27/2009, 10:35 PM
Its a shame..he was really good, I wish him a speedy recovery...This makes the Baylor game a whole lot easier!! :D

unbiasedtruth
9/27/2009, 11:16 PM
dang just saw it on the DMN.... This is one kid I could stand and clap for if he made a play against the Sooners..... well maybe not that far, but still one I like to watch play ball. Not only is he a gifted athlete in track and field, but was making great strides on the football field too. Not to mention a great person off the field too.

Here's to a speedy recovery RGIII, hope to see you back on the field next year.

Wont he be eligible for a redshirt as the injury happened before the 5th game of the Bears season?

SicEmBaylor
9/27/2009, 11:35 PM
dang just saw it on the DMN.... This is one kid I could stand and clap for if he made a play against the Sooners..... well maybe not that far, but still one I like to watch play ball. Not only is he a gifted athlete in track and field, but was making great strides on the football field too. Not to mention a great person off the field too.

Here's to a speedy recovery RGIII, hope to see you back on the field next year.

Wont he be eligible for a redshirt as the injury happened before the 5th game of the Bears season?

I have no idea how the redshirt injury works. He really is a great guy off the field as well. Very friendly guy around campus by all accounts.

He's also a very intelligent guy. He has something like a 3.8 GPA and he's said no matter what he intends to get his degree and go to law school. His parents have made it known to him that getting an education is more important than sports. That's not to say he doesn't take sports seriously, but he has good priorities.

He's just a great classy guy and a hell of a ball player. I hope he gets healthy fast. It's a terrible loss.

LoyalFan
9/27/2009, 11:54 PM
Hope he makes a full recovery. He's a lot of fun to watch.

Yer referrin' to Sic(k)'Em, aintcha?

LF

Knippz
9/28/2009, 12:03 AM
Terrible news. Sorry to you SicEm. I really thought Baylor would have their best season this year. Losing your absolute best player for the season, on a team that doesn't have great seasons very often - that's tragic.

I'm not a heartless guy (ST!!!), and I feel awful for RG. I will say a prayer that this injury doesn't affect the rest of his career (and for TT).

unbiasedtruth
9/28/2009, 12:09 AM
I have no idea how the redshirt injury works.

If the rule hasnt changed from last year, if a player plays in less than 25% of your games before injury that prevents the player from playing the rest of the year, he is still eligible for a redshirt... medical I believe.

As Baylor has played only 3 games, he should be able to redshirt this year....

itsok
9/28/2009, 12:27 AM
man, this is sad...

LoyalFan
9/28/2009, 01:12 AM
Might drift over to TexAgs and see how the eternal sophs are handling this.
Bad luck for Robert and Da' Bears. I had high hopes for them, even thinking they might get a nice bowl game and beat YooTee.

LF

SicEmBaylor
9/28/2009, 01:55 AM
If the rule hasnt changed from last year, if a player plays in less than 25% of your games before injury that prevents the player from playing the rest of the year, he is still eligible for a redshirt... medical I believe.

As Baylor has played only 3 games, he should be able to redshirt this year....

Well, that's the best news that can be expected.

Hopefully, Syz or Flo will get the job done. I'm just too pessimistic to expect anything but the typical.

Crucifax Autumn
9/28/2009, 02:01 AM
Why isn't this kid getting the coverage His Holiness is?

badger
9/28/2009, 07:23 AM
Might drift over to TexAgs and see how the eternal sophs are handling this.
LF

I've already been there... they're still obsessed over students yelling "uncover" at each other and the t-shirts they're going to create to go after these "uncover nazis."

It is recommended reading after each game. It gets funnier every week.

beer4me
9/28/2009, 08:11 AM
Geeze just read this, man this is sad, sad, sad. Hate to hear this I loved watching him play.

Get well Robert.

OUmillenium
9/28/2009, 09:52 AM
Terrible news. I was really looking forward to watching him when the Big 12 started up regularly and more of Baylor's games would be televised. Would have been fun rooting for him against Uterus, Texag, lOSUr, etc.

OKC-SLC
9/28/2009, 09:55 AM
That is too bad. Most underrated player in the league IMO.

sooneron
9/28/2009, 11:28 AM
Sad news. I hope he gets well and comes back stronger.