FaninAma
9/27/2009, 03:48 PM
After Sam's injury I remember ESPN and other
networks replaying it over and over in slow motion
the next day.

I may have missed it but I haven't see the
same focus on Tebow's injury . Not saying there
should be more replays but there shouldn't have
been all of the replays of Sam's injury, either.
Just report the injury and go on.

tommieharris91
9/27/2009, 03:50 PM
After Sam's injury I remember ESPN and other
networks replaying it over and over in slow motion
the next day.

I must not be watching the same ESPN you're watching. They showed it a lot this morning.

royalfan5
9/27/2009, 03:51 PM
I think I saw it 5 times during the TT/Houston game.

yermom
9/27/2009, 03:52 PM
yeah, i saw it a bunch, and i wasn't even watching much football yesterday

FaninAma
9/27/2009, 03:56 PM
They may not be showing it today because of the NFL
coverage. I still think it's overkill to show a player's
injury over and over.

StoopTroup
9/27/2009, 05:01 PM
They do tend to let the College crews have off on Sunday...I'm sure you'll see more this week.

ouwasp
9/27/2009, 05:10 PM
I avert my eyes when an arm or leg is suddenly pointing in an un-natural fashion; back when Theisman had his infamous break I was laid up with a broken tibia and fibula... almost puked when I saw it. All these yrs later I still won't watch that sorta thing.

But Sam's and Tebow's are not the queasy-inducing types, for me...

Widescreen
9/27/2009, 05:10 PM
They may not be showing it today because of the NFL
coverage. I still think it's overkill to show a player's
injury over and over.

Let me see if I understand. You're complaining that they're not showing Tebow's injury enough but you think it's wrong when they do show it a lot? :confused:

;)

birddog
9/27/2009, 05:29 PM
so, was it helmet to helmet or helmet to knee or something? geez he gets SARS and swine flu and he yells alot. he's prolly not feeling to well right now after being concussed.

Scott D
9/27/2009, 05:44 PM
It was his lineman's knee to the back of his helmet after he got decleated by an unblocked Kentucky defensive end.

I'm surprised he didn't just heal himself along with the rest of his teammates earlier in the week.

Curly Bill
9/27/2009, 05:48 PM
It was his lineman's knee to the back of his helmet after he got decleated by an unblocked Kentucky defensive end.

I'm surprised he didn't just heal himself along with the rest of his teammates earlier in the week.

He prolly would have healed himself...

...if he coulda remembered he had the power to do so. :P

Scott D
9/27/2009, 05:50 PM
oh he could remember earlier in the week when he chose to be a pariah with the flu ;)

Curly Bill
9/27/2009, 05:51 PM
oh he could remember earlier in the week when he chose to be a pariah with the flu ;)

Speaking of which - I think I'm coming down with it, so I hope he gets better and gets back to making house calls. :D

Crucifax Autumn
9/27/2009, 10:38 PM
Watching the ESPN ticker today, the only college news they showed was the AP poll and the fact that tebus left the hospital.

Blitzkrieg
9/28/2009, 03:55 PM
The worst part wont be seeing the hit, it will be the 15 replays of of ever shot he takes from here on out to reminds of of his greatness and that he overcame this.

I didn't laugh at the hit, but did lol at him throwing up into a bag on nat'l TV.

Crucifax Autumn
9/28/2009, 03:58 PM
I just want to know why this guy gets so much attention over a seemingly minor concussion and the Baylor kid gets a footnote.

kbsooner21
9/28/2009, 04:14 PM
I avert my eyes when an arm or leg is suddenly pointing in an un-natural fashion; back when Theisman had his infamous break I was laid up with a broken tibia and fibula... almost puked when I saw it. All these yrs later I still won't watch that sorta thing.

But Sam's and Tebow's are not the queasy-inducing types, for me...

Willis McGahee style :eek:

Crucifax Autumn
9/28/2009, 04:32 PM
That soccer dude they showed on a bunch of the shocking video shows is the worst leg injury I've seen. Made the Theisman thing look like a minor concussion.

sluggo sooner
9/28/2009, 04:46 PM
I think even Mother Angelica was showing it over on EWTN.

goingoneight
9/28/2009, 04:56 PM
It's sick how any sports network does this kinds thing at any and all levels of the game. Talk about the backup... Something. Watching kids get hurt over and over, seeing them wrenching in pain afterward and focusing solely on them takes away from what does or doesn't get done without the starter. Seeing DeMarco punch a bleacher with ice on his knee tells me one thing. It's obvious he's hurt physically and emotionally. Seeing Ryan Reynolds all by himself with the life sucked out of him is the same story. And it's just graphic to a point it's completely unnecessary to keep televising it. I've never understood why America ****s a brick at the drop of an F-bomb on TV, but sick **** like this seems to be acceptable.

Crucifax Autumn
9/28/2009, 05:03 PM
Yeah...next thing you know they'll start zooming the camera in on crying children in the stands.

oh wait...

Sooner-N-KS
9/28/2009, 05:08 PM
Today when ESPN talks about Stoops mentioning Sam on the teleconference this morning they play Sam's injury hit over and over and over.......even after 3 weeks.

Crucifax Autumn
9/28/2009, 05:09 PM
Once he makes his return they will have plenty to show.

Scott D
9/28/2009, 05:20 PM
On a different track, if I was Colt McCoy I'd be getting real nervous about now.

FaninAma
9/28/2009, 09:04 PM
Let me see if I understand. You're complaining that they're not showing Tebow's injury enough but you think it's wrong when they do show it a lot? :confused:

;)
Try reading my original post very s-l-o-w-l-y then
get back to me.