PDA

View Full Version : Not worried about USC on Vtech Jumping us...

itsok
9/27/2009, 02:13 PM
There is still plenty of football ahead...we just need to beat UM and texass
and things will work in our favor...

SOONERnTx
9/27/2009, 02:19 PM
There is still plenty of football ahead...we just need to beat UM and texass
and things will work in our favor...

EXACTLY!

Eielson
9/27/2009, 02:42 PM
I'm not going to lose sleep over it, but USC jumping us is important.

silverwheels
9/27/2009, 02:49 PM
We just need to worry about improving on offense and winning against Miami. The other stuff is out of our control.

Stitch Face
9/27/2009, 03:05 PM
Losing to BYU showed we were pretenders, but USC IS PLAYING THE BEST BALL RIGHT NOW!

SanJoaquinSooner
9/27/2009, 03:25 PM
Losing to BYU showed we were pretenders, but USC IS PLAYING THE BEST BALL RIGHT NOW!

?????????

They went 1-1 against Washington and Washington State.

IronHorseSooner
9/27/2009, 03:28 PM
It's maddening, but win out, and it will all take care of itself. Heck, SUC may lose next week at Cal, and they have to go to resurgent Oregon. VT, along with Iowa, are the flavor of the week. SUC and VT's ceilings in the rankings are about as high as they can go. Who can they beat to vault over anybody. They may be ahead of us, but of all of the 1-loss teams, we're in the best situation due to the schedule (Miami, UTerus, KU, Nebbish, OSU, & the Big XII Title Game). Outside of the SEC, nobody can claim that schedule.

yermom
9/27/2009, 03:39 PM
i'm more concerned about VT. i think USC has more losses in the tank

but still, we gotta beat Miami and Texass or it's not going to matter

our other road games aren't walks in the park either

tommieharris91
9/27/2009, 03:46 PM

:confused:

Didn't USC lose like 2 weeks ago?

Jack T.
9/27/2009, 03:50 PM
:confused:

Didn't USC lose like 2 weeks ago?

Check your sarcasm meter.

DarrellZero
9/27/2009, 03:52 PM
Both were predictable, unfortunately.

Stitch Face
9/27/2009, 03:53 PM
Losing to BYU at home? Inexcusable.

USC, at least, showed the HOAC (Heart Of A Champion) by coming back strong the next week after that flukey, totally explainable loss to Washington.

IronHorseSooner
9/27/2009, 03:56 PM
VT has played their toughest games (Bama, thUg, Nebbish). We have yet to play OUr toughest games. I can understand VT being ahead of us, they have beaten two ranked teams, and played another one close. Again, I think some pollsters are taking a wait and see approach to us. An undefeated or 1-loss SEC team probably finishes ahead of us, anyway, but OUr game with * is the ace card. Win that one, and then we will shoot up the rankings fast. Also, remember there will be shake out ahead of us. LSU and UGA play next week, 'Bama and Ole Miss and LSU v. FLA the next week. If we beat thUg down there by a good margin, then we also jump. Again, there is A LOT of ball to be played, and I think it will only benefit us.

ousooners182
9/27/2009, 04:13 PM
yeah its basically conference champions..we dont have to worry about all these sec teams..only one will come out.

we will jump usc after beating texas if we do along with kansas on the road who will prob be top 15 then because they have an EASY schedule leading up to us...Nebraska on the road..then Okie state on the road who will hopefully be top 15 again because we need a lot of ranked games..only team im semi-worried about would be va tech because if they do win out and their only loss is alabama..then if i was a va tech fan i would be pissed...but i still figure we would jump them if we win out because after we beat texas we will jump above them and our schedule from then on out is strong enough to keep us in front. and the bcs formula loves us as well :)

so win out and were in i say

meoveryouxinfinity
9/27/2009, 04:23 PM

USC, at least, showed the HOAC (Heart Of A Champion) by coming back strong the next week after that flukey, totally explainable loss to Washington.

You're right. Oklahoma is a joke. Losing to a BYU team at home!! And they say Norman is a tough place to play :rolleyes: . I hope all you gooners know that you have accomplished NADA! ZIP! NOTHINGGGG! I mean, you had to take a BYE week to get ready for Miami!! Va Tech just beat a #9 ranked Miami team AT HOME..without a bye week! Not to mention, they TOOK APART T-H-E Nebraska Cornhuskers. USC? They went on the road and DROWNED the FIFTH (yes, 5th!) team in the almighty Big 10!

THAT'S WHY I DON'T READ THE NEWSPAPER. IT'S GARBAGE. AND THE EDITOR THAT LET IT COME OUT IS GARBAGE! [hairGel]

westbrooke
9/27/2009, 05:22 PM

That's exactly what I'm worried about. USC has been cultivating that exact line of thinking for years now to excuse their losses, and they get plenty of help selling it from the talking heads. I think they've probably got another loss coming, but this is going to be playing in the back of my head until I see it happen.

badger
9/27/2009, 05:23 PM
We had a bye week. We'll be fine after some more W's.

okcusooner
9/27/2009, 06:55 PM
USC, at least, showed the HOAC (Heart Of A Champion) by coming back strong the next week after that flukey, totally explainable loss to Washington.[/QUOTE]

What?

Are you serious? Heart of a Champion?

If putting up only 27 points AT HOME against a 1-2 team whose only win was by three points at home against SMU, then I'm afraid the standard for Heart of a Champion is not what is used to be.

Heart of a Champion?...beating a team that went 2-11 last year? A team that needed two overtimes to beat 0-12 Washington?

You must have been really impressed with OU's Heart of a Champion win over mighty Idaho State after the BYU loss.

GottaHavePride
9/27/2009, 07:01 PM
Like shooting fish in a barrel...

sooner ngintunr
9/27/2009, 07:03 PM
heh.:D

My Opinion Matters
9/27/2009, 07:10 PM
I'm not going to lose sleep over it, but USC jumping us is important.

No, it's not.

My Opinion Matters
9/27/2009, 07:13 PM
As far as Stitch Face's comments go, some of you really ought to know better.

okcusooner
9/27/2009, 07:20 PM
No, it's not.

It may be more important than you give it credit for.

If SC wins out (made easier by the fact it has no conference championship game), given the media lovefest for Pete Carroll, SC could get the nod over OU even if the Sooners win out

BoulderSooner79
9/27/2009, 07:57 PM
It may be more important than you give it credit for.

If SC wins out (made easier by the fact it has no conference championship game), given the media lovefest for Pete Carroll, SC could get the nod over OU even if the Sooners win out

The only thing that is important is our favorite team has not proven *anything* yet. We have not beaten a team from a BCS conference. That we are ranked at all is by the kindness of the voters and their faith in our potential. All this envy that USC is the popular team is unbecoming - they have beaten 2 BCS teams and one is a top 10 team even counting that loss. Our opportunity to shine starts this Saturday.

Knippz
9/27/2009, 09:08 PM
If we beat Texas, we move into the top 3 or 4, above Boise, and behind only Florida (or LSU) and Bama.

itsok
9/27/2009, 11:18 PM
If we beat UM and UT with Landry, it would make a great story
if we beat UM and UT with Sam, it would make a great story!!!!
If we go unbeaten and USC goes unbeaten, the BSC would like us better y think...

rainiersooner
9/27/2009, 11:38 PM

And beating them by THREE whole touchdowns at HOME. Fight On!

Crucifax Autumn
9/28/2009, 02:13 AM
LEt's just hope our guys pound every opponent into the stone age the rest of the year and all will be as it should.

Stitch Face
11/2/2009, 11:36 PM
I guess we don't have to worry about jockeying for position with USC anymore...

I, for one, can relax and enjoy the season now.