PDA

View Full Version : pearl jam in portland last night

PDXsooner
9/27/2009, 12:06 PM
it was absolutely awesome.

Set List: Gonna See My Friend, Last Exit, Why Go, The Fixer, In Hiding, Johnny Guitar, Green Disease, Amongst The Waves, Even Flow, Off He Goes, Unthought Known, Daughter, Supersonic, Present Tense, Got Some, Once, Life Wasted

1st encore: Golden State w/Corin Tucker (by John Doe), The End, Red Mosquito w/Ben Harper, Inside Job, Go

2nd encore: Do The Evolution, Not For You /(Modern Girl by Sleater-Kinney), Black, Porch
Yellow Ledbetter/(Star Spangled Banner)

Leroy Lizard
9/27/2009, 12:39 PM
I saw them on tv (I think it was Letterman) and it may have been the worst live performance by a musical group that I can remember.

salth2o
9/27/2009, 01:13 PM
No Betterman or Alive (one of my favorite PJ songs)

Pearl Jam is one of my favorites.

picasso
9/27/2009, 01:28 PM
Was Eddie Vedder wearing a mohawk? A few years ago he was quoted in Rolling Stone that he would be wearing one until there was peace in the middle east.

That thing is gonna look rough when he's 80.

StoopTroup
9/27/2009, 01:31 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_YQEH4Gkp0gI/SoUpq6IharI/AAAAAAAAAEU/7X0qRn401Jc/s320/mohawk.jpg

Lott's Bandana
9/27/2009, 04:21 PM
Overrated and pretentious...the reason I didn't feel like going to ACL this year.

Glad you liked it though.

Poorly worded...sorry.

PDXsooner
9/27/2009, 08:38 PM
Overrated and pretentious.

overrated is a matter of opinion. but pretentious? that would be maybe the last adjective i'd use to describe them.

StoopTroup
9/27/2009, 09:38 PM
Grandiose?

Collier11
9/27/2009, 11:01 PM
Their time has come and gone, they are too much like Greenday these days...play your music and STFU

PDXsooner
9/28/2009, 12:13 AM
Their time has come and gone

packed arenas, ampitheaters, and venues worldwide might suggest otherwise. then again, why let facts get in the way of opinions!

Collier11
9/28/2009, 12:23 AM
Im talking about the quality of music and I didnt mean to rain on your parade.

PDXsooner
9/28/2009, 12:27 AM
Im talking about the quality of music and I didnt mean to rain on your parade.

heh, no sweat. some think so, but pearl jam has an amazingly loyal following. kind of (dare i say) grateful dead-ish!

a lot of people stopped following them after the vitalogy/no code days in the mid-90's when they stopped having a mainstream following.

Leroy Lizard
9/28/2009, 02:05 AM
Their style of music is d-e-a-d. Why not go to an Eagles concert? It is about as hip.

PDXsooner
9/28/2009, 01:26 PM
Their style of music is d-e-a-d. Why not go to an Eagles concert? It is about as hip.

ha ha, yea -- ok. next time i have a question about music, remind me not to ask you! :cool:

tidalmouse
9/28/2009, 02:24 PM
ha ha, yea -- ok. next time i have a question about music, remind me not to ask you! :cool:

LMAO........:D

I like PJ alot.The do quite a few WHO Covers,which I like.After 20 Years evey Band,if they stay together that long,isn't as Good as they were.Their Music changes some and they start Playing Material that they like but might not be what people want from them.But they can because of the position they're in.

Still one of my Favorites though. :pop:

johneeee8
9/29/2009, 09:11 PM
boomer sooner! i'm trying to find out if there is a sooner club or group in portland that get together for sooner games. i'm a big sooner fan (born and raised in oklahoma - edmond) and last saturday i went to my wifes 40th reunion at the refectory resteraunt - i could not believe what i came across - 200-300 screaming and yelling HUSKER fans! they have a huge club which meets at the refectory for all the husker games!! it was awesome! do you know if there is such a gathering in portland area? if not, maybe we should start one!!!!!!!!!!1

[email protected]

hellogoodbye
9/30/2009, 08:16 AM
LMAO........:D

I like PJ alot.The do quite a few WHO Covers,which I like.After 20 Years evey Band,if they stay together that long,isn't as Good as they were.Their Music changes some and they start Playing Material that they like but might not be what people want from them.But they can because of the position they're in.

Still one of my Favorites though. :pop:

We went to the VH1 The Who Rock Honors deal in LA (Pauley Pavillion, which made it even cooler), and I can attest that half the crowd there was to catch PJ play their 2 Who covers.

Not a big fan myself, but yea - big following, esp on the west coast.

soonerinabilene
9/30/2009, 04:31 PM
Eddie Vedder stole his singing style from Scott Stapp.

Just kidding, yermom. ;)

What i would give to go to a Pearl Jam concert.

Harry Beanbag
9/30/2009, 04:39 PM
Pearl Jam is awesome. I saw them at an amphitheater in Phoenix a few years ago during an electrical storm and it was one of the greatest musical events I've witnessed.

yermom
9/30/2009, 05:12 PM
this thread makes yermom angry in so many ways :mad:

so far i'm not a big fan of the new album, but it seems they have to sink in a bit. although, i didn't like the self-titled one near as much as the stuff before it either

silverwheels
9/30/2009, 05:18 PM
It's 1994 again. Awesome. :D

PDXsooner
9/30/2009, 05:53 PM
It's 1994 again. Awesome. :D

1994 was a great year!