PDA

View Full Version : Throw up a prayer for Tebow? I don't think so...

BOOMERBRADLEY
9/27/2009, 10:03 AM
The guy has a concussion. So what? People get hurt and killed on a daily basis and they get no prayers.

We have brave men and women fighting and dying overseas so that guys like Tebow can be a drama queen on the sidelines of a football game, and many don't pray for them either.

I never wish harm on ANYONE but throwing up a prayer because Tebow got a bump on his head is not exactly a priority for me.

meoveryouxinfinity
9/27/2009, 10:13 AM
I bless my food before every meal and get down on my knees before bed (lulz). I pray for those in need, those hurting, and those healing. I know some people pray about as often as they wash their hands, and that's OK too.

StoopTroup
9/27/2009, 10:15 AM
Your gonna go to hell you BoomerBradley...I'm tellin' Yermom.

jmr_77
9/27/2009, 10:16 AM
I will be perfectly honest, I said a quick prayer for Tebow. That was when he was laying motionless on the field for a few minutes. I don't care for all of the media attention that Tebow gets, or his histrionics on the sidelines, but he was hurt. Concussions are far from just a little bump on the head. They have been known to be career ending injuries in certain cases.

PLaw
9/27/2009, 10:18 AM
Regardless of Tebow-antics, we should never wish harm to any player from any team. It's okay to despise 'em, hate 'em, and be generally nauseated by any media reference to 'em. It's not okay to wish harm to 'em or rejoice in an injury. It's thinking like that that brings bad karma to our team - and lord knows we've had our share this season.

BOOMER

Dan Thompson
9/27/2009, 10:22 AM
Sorry, it's just part of the game.

How much press and attention outside of Oklahoma, did Sam get?

OKC-SLC
9/27/2009, 10:22 AM
I think we need more threads devoted to this topic.

Leroy Lizard
9/27/2009, 10:58 AM
Boomerbradley is right. When it comes to celebrities, they wouldn't give a rat's *** about any of our problems, why should we care about their's? And that goes for their careers as well, not just their health.

When we care what happens to them, and they don't care what happens to us, that places their lives above our's in importance. Screw that!

Knippz
9/27/2009, 11:01 AM
Meh, be above their level then. Care for others regardless if they care for you.

I certainly hope he will be fine and play football again. I'm sure he will.

The hit and watching the d-bag look senseless though? Priceless.

budbarrybob
9/27/2009, 11:16 AM
Boomerbradley is right. When it comes to celebrities, they wouldn't give a rat's *** about any of our problems, why should we care about their's? And that goes for their careers as well, not just their health.

When we care what happens to them, and they don't care what happens to us, that places their lives above our's in importance. Screw that!

I don't know what planet you are from but here on Earth, most of the people are kind and compassionate to their fellow mankind. Yes there are a few who do not seem deserving of our love and consideration but often they are the ones who need the most help. As for the celebrities here on Earth, many of them are the ones who take up causes like AIDS in Africa, Environmentalism and Natural disasters like Katrina. No, I do not agree with all their agendas nor fully appreciate or understand their motives but am more than willing to applaud the effort.

On your planet, It seems that if you see someone speed past you then later find them in a car wreck, you would be the type of person to say "serves you right" rather than "can I help"

I'll say a prayer for you as well. :)

olevetonahill
9/27/2009, 11:36 AM
Im throwin up sompun with all this teblow carp , But it aint a prayer:rolleyes:

StoopTroup
9/27/2009, 11:42 AM

How's our little buddy doing anyway? Is he still in shock? Did you have the TV on when it happened? :D

sooner59
9/27/2009, 11:56 AM
This thread is useless without pics. hehe

SoonerLB
9/27/2009, 12:01 PM

Well said sir, well said! ;)

picasso
9/27/2009, 12:01 PM

impressive.

Must be sad to be you.

PDXsooner
9/27/2009, 12:04 PM
second thread on this subject. kind of disturbing when you really think about it.

olevetonahill
9/27/2009, 12:04 PM
How's our little buddy doing anyway? Is he still in shock? Did you have the TV on when it happened? :D

Hes hidin under his rock :D

StoopTroup
9/27/2009, 12:10 PM
Hes hidin under his rock :D

Tell him his buddy is OK and heading back to his rock. :D

Leroy Lizard
9/27/2009, 12:21 PM
I don't know what planet you are from but here on Earth, most of the people are kind and compassionate to their fellow mankind.

Oh come on! Who in here can tell me with an honest face that they pray for every person that has an unfortunate injury? (And I am not talking about a generic prayer, but a prayer aimed at a particular individual.) No, we only reserve that for celebrities.

As for the car crash, I would help. But I would help anyone in that situation, not just a celebrity. And that's the difference.

With some of you fans, here is how you would react:

"Man, he really nailed that tree. Serves him right for speeding. Oh wait, that was a famous athlete. That's horrible! Let's all say a prayer and hope for a speedy recovery."

People get hurt every day. Tim Tebow's injury is no more significant to me than anyone else's. He has plenty of people around him that have a real good reason to be concerned for his health. He doesn't need my prayers or concern, nor did he ask for them.

And I guarantee you that if Tim Tebow was told that a Sooner poster by the name of budbarrybob suffered a concussion at work, he would merely shrug. He would probably ask, "Why are you even bothering me with this information?"

Leroy Lizard
9/27/2009, 12:27 PM
As for the celebrities here on Earth, many of them are the ones who take up causes like AIDS in Africa, Environmentalism and Natural disasters like Katrina.

With most celebrities, when they go to Africa to help fight disease they take the cameras with them. And their press agents know that their job is to make sure the celebrities' trips are fully covered in the media.

When you are between shoots as an actor, you have to generate buzz somehow. A divorce, a new girlfriend, fighting AIDS... it's all about publicity.

And if you disagree, you are completely 100% naive. (And yes, there are a few exceptions. Tebow may be one of them. Not sure.)

Now, having said that, I am not against celebrities. I just don't hold them to higher worship like the rest of you.

StoopTroup
9/27/2009, 12:28 PM
It's gonna be OK Leroy...

He's going Home. It's just a concussion. You didn't want to help and tebow forgives you. :D

adoniijahsooner
9/27/2009, 01:06 PM
With most celebrities, when they go to Africa to help fight disease they take the cameras with them. And their press agents know that their job is to make sure the celebrities' trips are fully covered in the media.

When you are between shoots as an actor, you have to generate buzz somehow. A divorce, a new girlfriend, fighting AIDS... it's all about publicity.

And if you disagree, you are completely 100% naive. (And yes, there are a few exceptions. Tebow may be one of them. Not sure.)

Now, having said that, I am not against celebrities. I just don't hold them to higher worship like the rest of you.

You could not be more on point with this post! When I see a magazine that talks about how sad it is that this celeb or that one is going through some crisis, and how we need to keep them in our prayers, it truly bothers me.

Tebow took a nasty hit, and I sincerely hope that the young man comes back healthy and ok; but you meaning to tell me that people who have lost limbs and lives working on a bridge are less important? He is probably back in gainsville getting surrounded by co-eds and motorboating some fresh foreskins.

picasso
9/27/2009, 01:17 PM

Nor do I but I don't take pleasure in their misfortune. People that are amused by Tebow or any other college kid getting a bad injury have some serious personal problems.

Collier11
9/27/2009, 01:19 PM
Bradley, you continue to amaze me with the way you act on this board

yermom
9/27/2009, 01:28 PM

while anonymous charity might seem more altruistic, they can also champion a cause and get other people to take it up with their celebrity

i'm not someone that worships celebrities, but them lending their fame to some cause to bring awareness doesn't have to be a selfish thing

yermom
9/27/2009, 01:30 PM
and while i feel bad bad for Tebow, i kinda wish they didn't have a bye week this week.

yes, i'm a bad person :D

adoniijahsooner
9/27/2009, 01:40 PM
while anonymous charity might seem more altruistic, they can also champion a cause and get other people to take it up with their celebrity

i'm not someone that worships celebrities, but them lending their fame to some cause to bring awareness doesn't have to be a selfish thing

Your right it doesnt have to be; but more often than not it is; although it doesnt matter to the people who receive the charity, it can be the downfall of the one who is giving it.

soonerloyal
9/27/2009, 01:44 PM
I just googled Tim Tebow concussion to see his status.

I have to admit being puzzled at something though. I then googled Sam Bradford concussion.

The first three clickable links were about TEBOW's, not Sam's, CONCUSSION.

W.T.H.?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YxWFDgQyZgo&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YxWFDgQyZgo&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

SoonerNate
9/27/2009, 01:46 PM
The guy has a concussion. So what? People get hurt and killed on a daily basis and they get no prayers.

We have brave men and women fighting and dying overseas so that guys like Tebow can be a drama queen on the sidelines of a football game, and many don't pray for them either.

I never wish harm on ANYONE but throwing up a prayer because Tebow got a bump on his head is not exactly a priority for me.

+ Rep

BOOMERBRADLEY
9/27/2009, 02:17 PM
Bradley, you continue to amaze me with the way you act on this board

Ok

colinreturn
9/27/2009, 02:56 PM
is this thread really necessary

StoopTroup
9/27/2009, 02:57 PM
To be honest....were any of them....lol

BOOMERBRADLEY
9/27/2009, 02:57 PM
is this thread really necessary

Is it?

Leroy Lizard
9/27/2009, 04:43 PM

The entire championing bit is often orchestrated by their press agent. How else can you explain celebrity animal-rights activists wearing furs?

http://www.stylelist.com/blog/2009/09/02/naomi-campbell-wearing-fur-dennis-basso-peta/

SoonerLB
9/27/2009, 05:45 PM
Well, if they really insist on helping, will the next celebrity heading to Africa please just take take a boat load of birth control devices! That would be a huge first step in tackling the problems over there!

Just sayin' ....... ;)

Curly Bill
9/27/2009, 05:47 PM
Well, if they really insist on helping, will the next celebrity heading to Africa please just take take a boat load of birth control devices! That would be a huge first step in tackling the problems over there!

Just sayin' ....... ;)

Oh No You Din't! :D

StoopTroup
9/27/2009, 05:48 PM

Just sayin' ....... ;)

Which devices to you recommend?

SoonerLB
9/27/2009, 07:01 PM
Which devices to you recommend?

Well, ................ I suggest we give Timmy an upgrade to 'Timmy the testicular trimmer' and put him on the first boat headed that direction.
And pack an extra bag Timmy, you're gonna be there awhile! ;)

Not only will he be helping the over-population problem, he'll be far, far away from the adoring throng of sports reporters, it's a win win proposition! :D

yermom
9/27/2009, 07:09 PM
The entire championing bit is often orchestrated by their press agent. How else can you explain celebrity animal-rights activists wearing furs?

http://www.stylelist.com/blog/2009/09/02/naomi-campbell-wearing-fur-dennis-basso-peta/

that chick is crazy anyway

StoopTroup
9/27/2009, 07:17 PM
Most people don't give a rats azz about PETA anyway...

Even Vikings Fans drink beer out of animal horns still.

Curly Bill
9/27/2009, 07:19 PM
Most people don't give a rats azz about PETA anyway...

Even Vikings Fans drink beer out of animal horns still.

I drink my beer from a Unicorn horn, it's the only way to go.

...but it's getting hard to find them these days....:confused:

StoopTroup
9/27/2009, 07:23 PM
I drink my beer from a Unicorn horn, it's the only way to go.

...but it's getting hard to find them these days....:confused:

Did a Virgin sever the horn or is Charlie running around going WTF!

Curly Bill
9/27/2009, 07:25 PM
Did a Virgin sever the horn or is Charlie running around going WTF!

She was a virgin, but after we drank from the horn it was on like donkey kong. I think she's a waitress in Yuma now. :D

LiveLaughLove
9/27/2009, 07:32 PM
I don't post often. I tend to be a stealth reader, but this thread boggles my mind.

I agree that it seems Tebow does stuff knowing the cameras are on him. I don't see where all of the hate for him comes from, however. His team beat ours last year. It happens. I hope people aren;t hostile toward him just for that.

He helps in different ministries that lead people to Christ. IMHO, there isn't a more noble purpose in life. In fact, if you believe the Bible, it's the MAIN purpose for our lives. If you don't believe in the Bible, then I still don't see where the hate comes from, personally, but to each his own I suppose.

My question is this, how much does a prayer cost you exactly? Is it so expensive that you have to save 'em up for the people that you truly like? In fact, is it noble at all, to just pray for those that you truly like? Or did Christ mention praying for your enemies?

He meant actual enemies that want to kill you, not just those that defeat your alma mater in a football game. Mores the pity that we can't rise above collegial rivalries and jealousies and pray for this kids speedy recovery. After all, what's a prayer really cost?

And yes, just to save you all some time, I'm a hypocrite as are most all human beings not named Jesus. I fall short on a daily basis. I just wanted to give another side of this whole praying or not praying for someone we don't like thing.

Curly Bill
9/27/2009, 07:34 PM
My question is this, how much does a prayer cost you exactly? Is it so expensive that you have to save 'em up for the people that you truly like? In fact, is it noble at all, to just pray for those that you truly like? Or did Christ mention praying for your enemies?

I pray for my enemies all the time...

...so to speak. ;)

kustang619
9/28/2009, 08:31 AM
I'm not really a good enough person to pray for Tim. I can't stand all of the media that he brings upon himself. I admire people for going out and doing good things such as being missionaries and speaking in prisons and such. But I can't stand it when the only reason that they do those things is because there is a camera following them around.

badger
9/28/2009, 08:38 AM
I still think some of the anger at Florida winning it all in 2008 is misplaced at Tebow... as can be expected when pretty much everyone else is ignored in the media. No wonder his teammates don't listen to his screaming anymore, lol :D

Before you decide not to pray for Tebow, remember what you really want - you don't want Tebow to get injured, because that won't mean Florida won't stop being No. 1 and won't mean Florida will stop winning. They did both despite the fact Tebow went to the hospital during the game.

Realize, Sooner fans, that what you really want, in addition to our team winning a lot, is for other teams, like Florida, to LOSE, not for other team's players to get injured.

So, quick silent prayer for Tebow and all of our opponents past, present and future, to remain healthy. Second silent prayer that they all go 0-10 and one :D

beer4me
9/28/2009, 08:49 AM
Don't BYU students go on two year missions during their school career and not in just during the offseason.

I haven’t seen much coverage on those folks during that…………jest saying

No I didn't like tboner loooong before I ever knew OU would play them always felt something was off.

Kinda confirmed when Sam and Colt both said he was a jerk last year.

tanjou
9/28/2009, 09:27 AM

How long does it take to mention another prayer for a quarterback that is universally regarded as a great person, drama queen or not?

It's not really just a bump on the head, it's pretty serious. Concussions are a bad deal and aren't taken seriously enough by most athletes for fear of being called a "sissy." I hope he takes it seriously and takes it easy for a while.

bcgvh
9/28/2009, 10:14 AM

Be careful with that, you'll get banned with all of these sensitive, politically correct people around here... :rolleyes:

1890MilesToNorman
9/28/2009, 10:22 AM
It's our duty as Sooner fans to point out and make fun of baby Tebus every chance we get! This is a football board and that's what we do.

When I join the missionary board I'll talk about that there.

BOOMERBRADLEY
9/28/2009, 10:50 AM
How long does it take to mention another prayer for a quarterback that is universally regarded as a great person, drama queen or not?

It's not really just a bump on the head, it's pretty serious. Concussions are a bad deal and aren't taken seriously enough by most athletes for fear of being called a "sissy." I hope he takes it seriously and takes it easy for a while.

It's a shame you are focusing solely on the "bump on the head" reference.

Meanwhile, in a hospital somewhere in the US or overseas there is a soldier who had his legs blown off by an IED that sure wishes he'd rather have a concussion.

Congrats...

Jello Biafra
9/28/2009, 11:03 AM
just to interject some sanity. hopefully... there is a 13 year old kid on my son's team who is about 70% of our offense right now. fell down in the end zone with us being up 21-0 less than one minute left in the game. as he landed, he planted his hand and then the linebacker promptly placed his facemask square on his forearm. boom! compound fracture. this kid has only been playing football 3 years now and as of now, doesnt want to play again. this kid needs a prayer. a college football player who recieves a free education and knows the risks involved in football will get up and play again no matter wether you give him prayer or not. this kid, if he returns to the game, may not play with the same intesity and drive he had before. if he comes back at all. seriosuly, he is a man among boys right now and it would be a shame to see a kid like this not continue his career.

same field, three days later, same end of the field, the referee recieved a compound fracture to his lower leg after a QB was slammed to the ground by our defensive end just before the whistle. anyone want to volunteer to play on Yukon's home field? the referee did manage to blow the whistle before he seemed to pass out from pain lol. thats a warrior!

Jello Biafra
9/28/2009, 11:08 AM

Meanwhile, in a hospital somewhere in the US or overseas there is a soldier who had his legs blown off by an IED that sure wishes he'd rather have a concussion.

Congrats...

certainly. and hes going to be the one who needs care for a long time. but, its my understanding the current administration will be starting to cut back funding for these dudes....another argument for another day though.

Collier11
9/28/2009, 12:46 PM

Congrats...

The point is, this is an OU football board. If you are so worried about these people why arent you starting prayer threads over at the SO, or are you just trying to prove a point.

There is nothing wrong with hoping that Tebow or any other athlete is ok after a bad injury, and yes a concussion is a bad injury any way you slice it.

We all know that US servicemen and women are some of these least appreciated people in this country, but like I said this is a thread about football so if it is that important to you start a thread over at the SO, ill be right behind you

soonerhubs
9/28/2009, 01:06 PM
The reason I get tired of hearing about Tebow, "pray for Tebow, etc, etc. is this: http://bible.cc/matthew/6-5.htm I put a link to the multiple translations just in case some of you only trust certain versions of the Good Word.

a) If you're praying for the guy, fine. Do it, and don't advertise it like a Pharisee.
b) Tim Tebow and Colt McCoy play the "Glory to God" card in a pharisitical manner IMHO. Others think they are spiritual leaders and great examples, fine. However, I have much more respect for the meek who inherit the earth, and Sam Bradford fits that prototype very well.

Carry on...

badger
9/28/2009, 01:23 PM
Does the Book of Mormon have any passages about this behavior? :D

...and I agree with you, btw. Both Colt and Teebs seem to seek attention for themselves, rather than let their playing do the talking.

Flagstaffsooner
9/28/2009, 01:28 PM
The reason I get tired of hearing about Tebow, "pray for Tebow, etc, etc. is this: http://bible.cc/matthew/6-5.htm I put a link to the multiple translations just in case some of you only trust certain versions of the Good Word.

a) If you're praying for the guy, fine. Do it, and don't advertise it like a Pharisee.
b) Tim Tebow and Colt McCoy play the "Glory to God" card in a pharisitical manner IMHO. Others think they are spiritual leaders and great examples, fine. However, I have much more respect for the meek who inherit the earth, and Sam Bradford fits that prototype very well.

Carry on...

The aggie Mormon speaks well!

Crucifax Autumn
9/28/2009, 01:45 PM
Well said and very true Hubler.

badger
9/28/2009, 02:04 PM
Since Tim's apparently OK, let's make a joke without repercussion, shall we?

In reference to hubler's excellent passage, Teebs skipped Matthew 5:5 and went directly to Matthew 5:6...

But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet

nttawwt ;)

1890MilesToNorman
9/28/2009, 02:07 PM
I knew it wouldn't take long for him to get re-erected. (see the fark forum)

Crucifax Autumn
9/28/2009, 02:12 PM
When I get re-erected I have to act fast or my chance passes.

Desert Sapper
9/28/2009, 02:46 PM
I applaud the Sooners on here that aren't whooping it up over the concussion. Much as I agree that combat casualties (some of whom I know or knew) are a much more serious issue than Tebow getting sacked and jarring his head, it doesn't excuse the celebration associated with him getting hurt. I've been very forthright with my dislike of Tebow's taunting and emotional displays that are inconsistent with the sanctified image he portrays, but I don't wish him any harm. I hope that he recovers fully.

At the same time, I wonder if it might be a sign that he should concentrate on his Christian mission, rather than football. He has now built a sufficient amount of celebrity to positively impact his message. I'm afraid that any further carrying on and idolatry from the sports talking heads may cause more harm than good with respect to the Christian side of Tebow.

Leroy Lizard
9/28/2009, 03:00 PM
No one's celebrating. No one is wishing harm on Tebow. I actually think he is probably a pretty good guy.

just to interject some sanity. hopefully... there is a 13 year old kid on my son's team who is about 70% of our offense right now. fell down in the end zone with us being up 21-0 less than one minute left in the game. as he landed, he planted his hand and then the linebacker promptly placed his facemask square on his forearm. boom! compound fracture. this kid has only been playing football 3 years now and as of now, doesnt want to play again. this kid needs a prayer. a college football player who recieves a free education and knows the risks involved in football will get up and play again no matter wether you give him prayer or not. this kid, if he returns to the game, may not play with the same intesity and drive he had before. if he comes back at all. seriosuly, he is a man among boys right now and it would be a shame to see a kid like this not continue his career.

And what about the kid at the school who isn't a star athlete and isn't a good student. Is he worthy of a prayer too? If so, why don't we ever talk about those kids?

Why do we need to know how great this kid played football for us to be concerned for his health? It shouldn't matter. The benchwarmer is a human being just as much.

Why do we reserve our concern only for celebrities and standouts? Are they truly better than we are, so more deserving of our concern and God's protection?

cheezyq
9/28/2009, 03:10 PM
I just googled Tim Tebow concussion to see his status.

I have to admit being puzzled at something though. I then googled Sam Bradford concussion.

The first three clickable links were about TEBOW's, not Sam's, CONCUSSION.

W.T.H.?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YxWFDgQyZgo&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YxWFDgQyZgo&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

ROFL! That was hilarious. All in one game...ONE!!!!

Crucifax Autumn
9/28/2009, 03:17 PM
The funniest part was when they referred to jebus as a snake!

SouthFortySooner
9/28/2009, 03:33 PM
My perspective is, were Jesus on the sideline would he be more concerned with the cheerleaders or the game. Can we make this a poll? :rolleyes:

Crucifax Autumn
9/28/2009, 03:35 PM
He'd be serving the wine and fish sammiches!

Jello Biafra
9/28/2009, 05:26 PM
No one's celebrating. No one is wishing harm on Tebow. I actually think he is probably a pretty good guy.

And what about the kid at the school who isn't a star athlete and isn't a good student. Is he worthy of a prayer too? If so, why don't we ever talk about those kids?

Why do we need to know how great this kid played football for us to be concerned for his health? It shouldn't matter. The benchwarmer is a human being just as much.

Why do we reserve our concern only for celebrities and standouts? Are they truly better than we are, so more deserving of our concern and God's protection?

nevermind...obviously you missed my point.

tanjou
9/28/2009, 05:34 PM
Seriously, those of you saying he's not worthy of prayer or compassion because he's not a US soldier are idiots.

Leroy Lizard
9/28/2009, 08:50 PM
nevermind...obviously you missed my point.

Then why don't you make your point.

And while you're at it, kindly tell us why it was so necessary to tell us that he was a standout athlete. How is that even relevant?

Jello Biafra
9/28/2009, 08:54 PM
Then why don't you make your point.

And while you're at it, kindly tell us why it was so necessary to tell us that he was a standout athlete. How is that even relevant?

because caring for the mental well being of a 13 year old is far more needed than praying for an athlete that is getting a free education...who got a booboo on his head.

suck it shiite bird. tebow is a homeowner and your boyfreind told me he gives hummers on the back of tricylces.

if you'd get the d*ck out of your eye, you'd be able to see that.

AzianSooner
9/28/2009, 09:26 PM
For a few seconds, Tebow met God and being kicked right back down to earth.

Leroy Lizard
9/28/2009, 09:38 PM
because caring for the mental well being of a 13 year old is far more needed than praying for an athlete that is getting a free education...who got a booboo on his head.

So why was it important to know that the kid was a good athlete? Pray tell.

Crucifax Autumn
9/29/2009, 12:54 AM
because the kid has talent that he may be scared to pursue now. This injury will have more of a long term effect on the kid than a minor concussion has on tebus.

Leroy Lizard
9/29/2009, 02:42 AM
So if the kid didn't have talent, we wouldn't bother praying for him?

Sorry, but I think praying to God that a certain kid gets to become a star athlete is a little warped.

If you're answering for Jello, just be aware of what you're getting yourself into.

Crucifax Autumn
9/29/2009, 05:39 AM
All I'm saying is that some poor young kid is more deserving of prayers than a self righteous jackass college player wh is fully aware of the risk. And personally, yeah...I have more sympathy for kids with some sort of potential, academic, athletic, or whatever, more than some big loser of a nobody that's gonna stay that way like so many of the useless kids I see in my neighborhood spray-painting everything, knocking up 12 year olds, and breaking into cars.

olevetonahill
9/29/2009, 05:47 AM
So if the kid didn't have talent, we wouldn't bother praying for him?

Sorry, but I think praying to God that a certain kid gets to become a star athlete is a little warped.

If you're answering for Jello, just be aware of what you're getting yourself into.

Thot you wernt gonna post anymore ?

Jello Biafra
9/29/2009, 08:03 AM
Thot you wernt gonna post anymore ?

jeesus christmas....am i the only one that wants to duct tape his asss to the concrete and allow a travelling circus to kick the shiit out of him?

Jello Biafra
9/29/2009, 08:06 AM
So why was it important to know that the kid was a good athlete? Pray tell.

nice. now we know where all your stupid comments come from....you've been on the bench your whole life starting back in 7th grade football. like fax said, i would rather him be running the football for a school i follow then breaking into cars and running from the law.

i have nothing else to say to your stupid asss. welcome to ignore.

goingoneight
9/29/2009, 08:17 AM
Why should I talk to the ceiling for someone I don't know?

I remember plenty of injuries to players at OU and everywhere else. Hope he gets well soon.

Skysooner
9/29/2009, 08:48 AM
Hate what happened to him, but it is part of football. It will make him more susceptible to them in the future.

This is from Pete Fiutak's Cavalcade of Whimsy.

This just in, a secretly taped exchange with the hospital staff in Tebow’s hospital room. “I’m sorry. I’m extremely sorry. We were hoping for a bendy straw for my juice and HBO. That was my goal, something that other patients have never had here. I promise you one thing, a lot of good will come out of this. You will never see any patient in the entire hospital ask as much for the cherry Jell-O as I will for the rest of the stay. You will never see someone push a nursing staff for the Jell-O as hard as I will push everybody for the rest of the stay. Let’s GO!!! We have 30 minutes for the rest of our lives before the Jell-O turns to liquid. COME

http://cfn.scout.com/2/904007.html

badger
9/29/2009, 09:04 AM
How 'bout this for a college player needing prayers:
Link here. (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4512778)

Dropping a weight bar on your throat is a lot closer to death than a concussion.

Jello Biafra
9/29/2009, 09:09 AM
How 'bout this for a college player needing prayers:
Link here. (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4512778)

Dropping a weight bar on your throat is a lot closer to death than a concussion.

yeh. i'd say so...

dear assistant strength and conditioning coach,

you're fired.

love,

usc football.

C&CDean
9/29/2009, 10:52 AM
That's what happens when you bench press with your thumbs on the same side of the bar as your fingers. I always try to tell people who bench that way one of these days, they're going to drop that bar.

badger
9/29/2009, 11:00 AM
That's what happens when you bench press with your thumbs on the same side of the bar as your fingers. I always try to tell people who bench that way one of these days, they're going to drop that bar.

I wonder how Schmiddy instructs players to lift weights, other than "all day, every day?"

StoopTroup
9/29/2009, 11:15 AM
Badj....

Are you Praying for Johnson? :pop::hot: :D

Jello Biafra
9/29/2009, 11:19 AM
Badj....

Are you Praying for Johnson? :pop::hot: :D

:pop:

lol

badger
9/29/2009, 11:39 AM
:P boys will be boys...

goingoneight
9/29/2009, 12:15 PM
I wonder how Schmiddy instructs players to lift weights, other than "all day, every day?"

We don't lift weights or get faster here. We lost that when we lost something called a swagger.

StoopTroup
9/29/2009, 12:19 PM
I'm praying for Bob to get our swagger back.

Also for Sam to make a huge comeback after his injury.

And for Gresham and his recovery / career.

Leroy Lizard
9/29/2009, 05:02 PM
So am I, but I am being purely selfish. I wonder if God will hold that against me.

budbarrybob
9/29/2009, 05:48 PM
Admin/Mod. Please shut down this thread.