PDA

View Full Version : Stuff from college football on 9/26

Jacie
9/27/2009, 09:26 AM
Jacory Harris (9/25, no TD's, 1 INT) is not a contender for the Heisman.

Almost does not count for anything Indiana, Purdue and Mississippi State.

Mack "called off the dogs" beating UTEP 64-7. Enough about Oklahoma running up the score last year . . .

On the wrong end of the biggest point differential by a Top 10 team loss we are left to ask WTF happened to Cal??? It cannot be that Oregon is that good!

Washington losing to Stanford after beating SUC the week before is business as usual for the Pac 10.

Following the Florida State loss to FSU, Bobby Bowden at the post game press conference, still wearing that over-sized straw hat goes, "Man, they (FSU) were a lot better than I thought they were!" Me and the wifey had been watching Saturday Night Live just before seeing that and she thought the channel was still on SNL and that was part of a skit. Bowden is way overdue to step down.

A record crowd of 32,114 saw Houston beat Tech last night. What heights can they not hit?

Tough loss for JoePa at home in the rain against Iowa. Spoiled the fans white out . . .

Great day for Oklahoma with four teams ranked ahead of OU losing.

meoveryouxinfinity
9/27/2009, 09:32 AM
I felt so bad for JoePa (not so much for bobby bowden.. although a little part of me inside does feel slightly bad for him and will when he steps down).

The man is a legend. End of an era when those two step down.

fadada1
9/27/2009, 10:18 AM
I felt so bad for JoePa (not so much for bobby bowden.. although a little part of me inside does feel slightly bad for him and will when he steps down).

The man is a legend. End of an era when those two step down.
if nothing else, JoePa still seems to coach football. bowden is like the queen of england - look pretty, show her off to the crowd every weekend, let her wave to the masses, wear big hats.

the only difference is that bowden laughs when his team loses to an inferior opponent. the queen just buys a new hat and all is forgiven.

GottaHavePride
9/27/2009, 11:24 AM
Following the Florida State loss to USF, Bobby Bowden at the post game press conference, still wearing that over-sized straw hat goes, "Man, they (USF) were a lot better than I thought they were!" Me and the wifey had been watching Saturday Night Live just before seeing that and she thought the channel was still on SNL and that was part of a skit. Bowden is way overdue to step down.

Fixed that for you. You confused the hell out of me there for a second. I was thinking "how the **** did Bobby Bowden manage to lose to himself?"

StoopTroup
9/27/2009, 11:26 AM
HAWT BOBBY !

http://images.athlonsports.com/d/16555-1/BobbyBowden_001.jpg

swardboy
9/27/2009, 01:48 PM
And let's hear no more "Jevan Snead" for Heisman carp!

Mississippi Sooner
9/27/2009, 01:58 PM
I watched the LSU-Miss. State game yesterday, and came away totally unimpressed with LSU. Mississippi State was supposed to lose, and they did, but LSU didn't beat them. They shot themselves in the foot so often, in all aspects of the game, that they took themselves out of any chance to win. If LSU had played the same against against the Sooners, OU would have walked away with a 40 point win.

The Penn State-Iowa game was a battle of mediocrity. If Musberger and Herbstreit want to say the Hawkeyes are the toast of the Big 10, so be it.

All in all, Va Tech was the best team I saw yesterday, and they had plenty of weak spots themselves.

Collier11
9/27/2009, 02:08 PM
The thing that was proved that really matters is that ever team is dangerous, we will have to be on our A game the rest of the yr but if we are, we can still go to the Natl title game, or at the least the BCS

StoopTroup
9/27/2009, 02:12 PM
Beating Miami on the road is key IMO. Whether Sam or Landry plays really has no bearing IMO either. We need to stomp their azz. That being said...beating the whorns in Dallas is also huge. Our next three games are crucial to how the rest of the year plays out.

After these three...it's time to concentrate on getting to the Big XII CG and then see where we land in a Bowl.

westcoast_sooner
9/27/2009, 07:47 PM
LSU's run defense is not good and I expect they will lose to someone that can run the ball well. MSU almost pulled it off. Maybe Georgia will beat them next weekend.

USC played Wazzou - they SHOULD get well against them, at home, with their starting QB back. Corp got in the game late, and promptly fumbled the ball.

Cal losing to UO - that was surprising, as was Stanford beating Washington. U-Dub had put on a couple of really impressive showings.

VT beating Miami was also somewhat surprising. Hoping that the U got beat up a little - tivo'd the game and will watch tomorrow sometime.

Sumlin doing a nice job with his UH 2 and 3 stars, so it will be interesting to see (assuming he stays long enough to find out) how well he does when he gets his own recruits in.

UT put on a show - it's about time for them to put together a complete game. If they hadn't had that kind of game, it might start getting difficult to justify a high ranking.

Florida played a pathetic UK team. UK can't tackle, and their QB couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. Absolutely awful. Even after Tebow left and Brantley came in, UK couldn't stop them.

Overall, I think the race is still pretty wide open. I think if the Sooners take care of business, we'll be in it at the end. Gonna be a tough road regardless of who plays QB, but the Sooners have some talent on offense and a pretty solid defense.