View Full Version : Roman Polanski

StoopTroup
9/27/2009, 09:01 AM
Looks like they finally nabbed him.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,556141,00.html

http://www.topnews.in/files/Roman-Polanski2.jpg

OUHOMER
9/27/2009, 09:03 AM
yep, bring him back, let him spend the rest of his days worrying about dropping the soap.

StoopTroup
9/27/2009, 09:04 AM
Looking rough even in a tux.....

http://www.foxnews.com/images/473681/0_21_120208_romanpolanski.jpg

Okla-homey
9/27/2009, 09:07 AM
Cue the inevitable "it was just sex" apologists to clamor for his release.

iwannabelikesam
9/27/2009, 09:11 AM
This trash needs to spend the rest of his life in jail for raping the 13-year old and for being a fugitive for 30 years.

Penguin
9/27/2009, 10:58 AM
We don't have an extradition treaty with France?

GottaHavePride
9/27/2009, 11:05 AM
He's a French citizen. France can refuse to extradite their own citizens.

GottaHavePride
9/27/2009, 11:15 AM
And - now, take note, I'm not apologizing for what he did - no excuse for that - but...

As far as writing / directing movies, the guy is on a level with Stanley Kubrick. Flippin' genius.

Oh yeah, and the whole wife and children murdered by the Manson "family" thing. He's probably been f***ed in the head since the 60s.

picasso
9/27/2009, 11:59 AM
And - now, take note, I'm not apologizing for what he did - no excuse for that - but...

As far as writing / directing movies, the guy is on a level with Stanley Kubrick. Flippin' genius.

Oh yeah, and the whole wife and children murdered by the Manson "family" thing. He's probably been f***ed in the head since the 60s.

He was boning everything long before the Mason thing. He even hit on fiancee Sharon Tate in Hollywood whilst driving down the road. She was shopping and he pulled over and threw a line at her. ooooops!

No crime for being a player but there is when you drug a 13 year old and have your way.

StoopTroup
9/27/2009, 11:59 AM

I would have made that point...but I don't think it's an excuse for not paying the piper for his touching that little girl. I don't care if they extradite him or not...I just think that if he steps one foot on US soil...they ought to treat him just like anyone else who messed with a little kid. He was way old enough to know better when he did that IMO.

I still wonder if that little girl is OK and that she has had a good life since that mess.

Jacie
9/27/2009, 12:10 PM
I would have made that point...but I don't think it's an excuse for not paying the piper for his touching that little girl. I don't care if they extradite him or not...I just think that if he steps one foot on US soil...they ought to treat him just like anyone else who messed with a little kid. He was way old enough to know better when he did that IMO.

I still wonder if that little girl is OK and that she has had a good life since that mess.

Samantha Geimer is a married mother of three living in Hawaii.

In a 2003 interview, Samantha Geimer said, "Straight up, what he did to me was wrong. But I wish he would return to America so the whole ordeal can be put to rest for both of us." Furthermore, "I'm sure if he could go back, he wouldn't do it again. He made a terrible mistake but he's paid for it".

In 2008, Geimer stated in an interview that she wishes Polanski would be forgiven, "I think he's sorry, I think he knows it was wrong. I don't think he's a danger to society. I don't think he needs to be locked up forever and no one has ever come out ever - besides me - and accused him of anything. It was 30 years ago now. It's an unpleasant memory ... (but) I can live with it."

StoopTroup
9/27/2009, 12:17 PM
^ good stuff. Thanks!

Penguin
9/27/2009, 12:17 PM
Wouldn't he be prosecuted using the laws of 1977? I mean, what was the penalty of bopping a 13 year old in 1977? 3 months and confiscation of your bong?

StoopTroup
9/27/2009, 12:18 PM
Add fleeing the Country Penguin.

Leroy Lizard
9/27/2009, 12:33 PM
In France, Culture Minister Frederic Mitterrand said he was "dumbfounded" by Polanski's arrest, adding that he "strongly regrets that a new ordeal is being inflicted on someone who has already experienced so many of them."

Holy crap!

I have a question: How many of you think that if you were arrested for having sex with a 13-year old girl and plead guilty in court, that you would be living in Frace a year later?

Wishboned
9/27/2009, 01:08 PM
What a week for Roman. The woman who murdered his wife and unborn child finally dies in prison, and then he gets arrested.

StoopTroup
9/27/2009, 01:31 PM
Sounds like he's had a 50-50

GottaHavePride
9/27/2009, 04:44 PM
Holy crap!

I have a question: How many of you think that if you were arrested for having sex with a 13-year old girl and plead guilty in court, that you would be living in Frace a year later?

Like I said earlier, the catch is that he was ALREADY a French citizen and had a residence there. Since the 70s, France has just been exercising their right to refuse to extradite one of their own citizens. They wouldn't harbor just any sex criminal.

Frozen Sooner
9/27/2009, 04:50 PM
Here's the AP story on this:

Swiss arrest Polanski on US request in sex case
Associated Press, 09.27.09, 10:41 AM EDT

OK, can you do some more probing? New York will want to know

frank's out today.

i checked already, and so did zurich. they say the question is irrelevant. he answered me with the quote i used, about we knew when he was coming this time. he's been here many times in the past, we think.

thx brad. aptn is aware, but unfortunately won't make it in time, but is hoping to catch tail end.

i'm pushing out another writethru with some more background details before press conference.

no surprise, new york is really hot on this.

they particularly want to know why now. (has he never set foot in switzerland before?) sheila, theorizes that's because they're under intense pressure over ubs and want to throw the U.S. a bone, but can yo ucheck with justice department sources there?

is frank around too, or are you alone?

u can tell aptn press conf 1700 (15 gmt) in bern at the parliament

i'll watch it live on internet

Heh. Someone screwed up in the editing department...

JohnnyMack
9/28/2009, 09:25 AM
Polanski had lived in Switzerland for a while. Curious that they decided to nab him now.

Isn't Polanskis claim that the judge reneged on a plea agreement and that's why he fled?

TheHumanAlphabet
9/28/2009, 09:49 AM
He's a French citizen. France can refuse to extradite their own citizens.

Not if they aren't in France... Nabbed in Switzerland, they extridite to the U.S. Apprently U.S. personnel on the way to bring him back.

GottaHavePride
9/28/2009, 09:59 AM
Not if they aren't in France... Nabbed in Switzerland, they extridite to the U.S. Apprently U.S. personnel on the way to bring him back.

Well yes, but someone was asking why we hadn't been able to extradite him from France for the last 30 years. That's what I was explaining.

Wishboned
9/28/2009, 10:54 AM
Polanski had lived in Switzerland for a while. Curious that they decided to nab him now.

Isn't Polanskis claim that the judge reneged on a plea agreement and that's why he fled?

The deal he made with the DA was that the 40 something days he spent in a psych ward after he was arrested was to be the only time he would serve.

The judge had issue with that, and let it be known he was basically going to make an example out of him.

Polanski skipped town after that.

TheHumanAlphabet
9/28/2009, 12:06 PM
Well yes, but someone was asking why we hadn't been able to extradite him from France for the last 30 years. That's what I was explaining.

Ahhh, sorry. I guess the Frogs like their film directors to have seks with little girls...I don't know why they protected someone like him - unless to keep the non-extradition of French citizens intact...

Jacie
9/28/2009, 02:20 PM
Turn it around. Suppose Steven Spielberg went to France and had a Lolita encounter of the first kind, then returned to the U.S. Would our government allow the gendarmes to arrest and extradite him to France?

iwannabelikesam
9/28/2009, 02:31 PM
Turn it around. Suppose Steven Spielberg went to France and had a Lolita encounter of the first kind, then returned to the U.S. Would our government allow the gendarmes to arrest and extradite him to France?

I would hope so.

TheHumanAlphabet
9/28/2009, 03:53 PM

I would think yes. However, perhaps the Hollywood elite and agents would lie down in front of the jet to prevent it from taking off.

Turd_Ferguson
9/28/2009, 10:34 PM
"Lolita of the first kind" sounds a whole lot better than "Child", doesn't it.:rolleyes: