PDA

View Full Version : Fareed Zakaria

StoopTroup
9/27/2009, 07:56 AM
I've been watching and listening to this guy when I see his show come up. I notice he seems to be trying to give a different approach to the World view when it comes to Americans. He seems to work very hard on staying calm when on air or doing an interview. He seems to work very hard on being likable too.

Anyway...It's almost like he has taken a bit of Brian Williams with a bit of Christiane Amanpour to pull all of this off.

Still after all of his image working....

Do you trust him?

http://msnbcmedia4.msn.com/j/msnbc/Sections/TVNews/Today%20show/Today%20Books/TodayBooksHISTORYANDPOLITICS/2008/Zakaria,%20Fareed.standard.jpg

http://www.californiawomen.org/assets/Uploads/camanpour306x306.jpg
+
http://everhip.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/brian_williams.jpg

OUHOMER
9/27/2009, 08:01 AM
too be honest, i have seen him a couple times but didnt pay any attention to him:O

StoopTroup
9/27/2009, 08:02 AM
Yeah...I've noticed that CNN keeps giving us all small doses of him...but he seems to be a rising star for them.

JohnnyMack
9/27/2009, 08:09 AM
I know I wanna punch Christian amanpour in the face.

StoopTroup
9/27/2009, 08:16 AM
I know I wanna punch Christian amanpour in the face.

LOL....she does make the blood boil sometimes doesn't she.

tommieharris91
9/27/2009, 08:53 AM
He's a very brilliant writer.

JohnnyMack
1/31/2010, 01:36 PM
This guy is one of the best around right now. I know the right wing lemmings will deride him as a dirty lib, but his show is top notch. Great interviewer with great guests.

SoonerInKCMO
1/31/2010, 01:42 PM
His GPS show is on right now on CNN. Has Mottaki (Iranian Foreign Minister) on... letting Mottaki say his piece but not afraid to call him a liar (politely) when it comes to who committed violence during recent protests.

Crucifax Autumn
1/31/2010, 02:19 PM
He's very intelligent and has a firm grasp of international politics and social issues overall, and obviously understands the mideast and Asia better than anyone in either the Bush OR Obama administration. The thing I really like about him is he manages to report that region very accurately and with a firm grasp of both what makes them tick AND how that relates to US policy and so on WITHOUT sounding like he's an apologist for either us or them. It's rare that I hear that much knowledge of the region without making me think the reporter is either making excuses for their bad behavior or reading from a US state department primer course textbook.

C&CDean
1/31/2010, 08:21 PM
You do not even know how proud I am that I don't have a ****ing clue who any of these people are. If you guys are debating/fellating them and I don't have a clue.... it's all good. Man, it's good to be an independent, non-media addicted American.

C&CDean
1/31/2010, 08:22 PM
whoops. I lied. I've seen that last guy before. Didn't he coach basketball somewhere or something?

TopDawg
1/31/2010, 09:19 PM
He came to OU a year or two ago. I know the student who served as one of his hosts and he said that Zakaria is a great guy and that he thoroughly enjoyed the conversations he had with him while he was visiting. I'm not a regular viewer, but if I notice that his show is on, I'll flip it over.

Sooner04
1/31/2010, 09:39 PM
You do not even know how proud I am that I don't have a ****ing clue who any of these people are. If you guys are debating/fellating them and I don't have a clue.... it's all good. Man, it's good to be an independent, non-media addicted American.
It is liberating, isn't it?

SCOUT
1/31/2010, 10:52 PM
This guy is one of the best around right now. I know the right wing lemmings will deride him as a dirty lib, but his show is top notch. Great interviewer with great guests.

As a right wing lemming, I think he is great. I have read his stuff for a while and started watching him on that there tv too.

He seems to have a good grasp of the subject matter, and is capable of asking coherent and relevant questions.

Crucifax Autumn
2/1/2010, 12:15 AM
What do you guys have against reading?

SCOUT
2/1/2010, 12:52 AM
What do you guys have against reading?

He is the editor of Newsweek International and has written a couple of books. So, nothing I guess.

Crucifax Autumn
2/1/2010, 12:59 AM
He is the editor of Newsweek International and has written a couple of books. So, nothing I guess.

I know that...I was talking to Dean, 04, and anyone else that prides themselves on not knowing what's going on and claims to not know who anyone is.

MrJimBeam
2/1/2010, 06:04 AM
I've been watching and listening to this guy when I see his show come up. I notice he seems to be trying to give a different approach to the World view when it comes to Americans. He seems to work very hard on staying calm when on air or doing an interview. He seems to work very hard on being likable too.

Anyway...It's almost like he has taken a bit of Brian Williams with a bit of Christiane Amanpour to pull all of this off.

Still after all of his image working....

Do you trust him?

http://msnbcmedia4.msn.com/j/msnbc/Sections/TVNews/Today%20show/Today%20Books/TodayBooksHISTORYANDPOLITICS/2008/Zakaria,%20Fareed.standard.jpg

http://www.californiawomen.org/assets/Uploads/camanpour306x306.jpg
+
http://everhip.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/brian_williams.jpg

If Fareed is a combination of these two whackoffs then I hate him twice as much than I normally would.

TopDawg
2/1/2010, 10:36 AM
It is liberating, isn't it?

That's how I feel about our men's basketball season this year.

JohnnyMack
2/1/2010, 10:53 AM
That's how I feel about our men's basketball season this year.

When does that season start anyway?

C&CDean
2/1/2010, 10:57 AM
I know that...I was talking to Dean, 04, and anyone else that prides themselves on not knowing what's going on and claims to not know who anyone is.

Oh. So reading mainstream media crap is gonna make me enlightened? Besides, ain't all these people on TV? Blow me. I watch the 10 o'clock local news. It gives me everything I need to "know what's going on." Local weather (even though they **** it all up), local sports, and if anything is really big on the national scene (like say the Haita earthquake) I'll hear about it here.

Seriously, quit listening/reading all the mainstream crap. You're only gonna give yourself an ulcer worrying about **** that isn't even real.

And yes Brando, it is liberating.

stoops the eternal pimp
2/1/2010, 11:02 AM
I have no clue unless one of them works at the Braums down the street

OUDoc
2/1/2010, 11:05 AM
I'll join in on this ignorance thread. I know who Brian Williams is. The other 2, not so much.

sooner_born_1960
2/1/2010, 11:08 AM
I have to confess, I voted "Who?".

Breadburner
2/1/2010, 11:09 AM
Does he wear underwear......

Sooner04
2/1/2010, 11:19 AM
Oh. So reading mainstream media crap is gonna make me enlightened? Besides, ain't all these people on TV? Blow me. I watch the 10 o'clock local news. It gives me everything I need to "know what's going on." Local weather (even though they **** it all up), local sports, and if anything is really big on the national scene (like say the Haita earthquake) I'll hear about it here.

Seriously, quit listening/reading all the mainstream crap. You're only gonna give yourself an ulcer worrying about **** that isn't even real.
I'm with Dean here. I watch KFOR News at 10 PM and get all I need right there. They've nailed the last two winter storms as far as Ardmore was concerned, and they also broadcast their news in HD. What's not to love?

Depending on who you asked, Obama was either the best or the worst thing to happen to America in a generation. To let you in on a little secret, my life has not changed one iota since he took office.

NormanPride
2/1/2010, 11:36 AM
I get all my national/world news from here, and all my local news from baj. If someone here is talking about it then it's worth my time. Every once in awhile I'll pay attention to a news station that's on somewhere and try not to get mad at them for ruining the profession of journalism.

Usually if I read a couple pages on a topic here I get the gist of what's going on and can decide whether or not I care.