PDA

View Full Version : So, in the holy city of Qom...

Okla-homey
9/27/2009, 07:08 AM
the Iranians copped to having a second secret nuke facility in an underground lair. And they're talking smack and popping missiles as a show of force.

dangit.:pop:

StoopTroup
9/27/2009, 07:09 AM
I know what I'd do about it....

It wouldn't be nice either.

OUHOMER
9/27/2009, 07:58 AM
Umm so do we do it, or do we let Israel do it?

StoopTroup
9/27/2009, 08:04 AM
I'm betting Israel's thumb is on the button right now. The speech they gave last week about the Palestinian State was a message to the Iranians IMO.

iwannabelikesam
9/27/2009, 08:06 AM
Don't worry, Israel is taking care of it. Eventually they will probably go with a combination of airstrikes and sabotage from the inside. Airstrikes for what the bunker busters can reach. And other actions for things buried too deep for bunker busters.

Okla-homey
9/27/2009, 09:02 AM
It might take a low-yield tactical nuke. That may be why the Iranians situated this facility under a hillside in a "holy city" as that ups the political ante for the use of the necessary force to destroy it.

It would sure be interesting to watch the international freak-out if that happened.

I reckon we'll be involved sooner or later as the bunch running that country seem hell-bent on provoking the non-Islamic world. And I would hope even the most committed peace-at-any-pricer recognizes Iran+nuclear weapons=:(

StoopTroup
9/27/2009, 09:08 AM
The thing that folks who think Israel ought to just handle it is...

Once they do...the entire Islamic World turns their focus on them and then the rest of the World has to protect them again / still.

World War III is your potential fallout with this.

We know they have it now...let's back them in a corner again and see just how much they are willing to lose to keep trying to be a threat.

GottaHavePride
9/27/2009, 10:54 AM
Could we just, say, turn everything from Cairo north to roughly Turkey, then east to about the border of India into a giant parking lot?

I mean, SRSLY. Just put that whole region into "time out".

StoopTroup
9/27/2009, 10:55 AM
Could we just, say, turn everything from Cairo north to roughly Turkey, then east to about the border of India into a giant parking lot?

It's probably where it's headed.

iwannabelikesam
9/27/2009, 11:06 AM
The thing that folks who think Israel ought to just handle it is...

Once they do...the entire Islamic World turns their focus on them and then the rest of the World has to protect them again / still.

World War III is your potential fallout with this.

We know they have it now...let's back them in a corner again and see just how much they are willing to lose to keep trying to be a threat.

I don't think so. The shiite/sunni split is understated. Countries like Jordan, Egypt, and Saudi Arabia are also enemies of Iran. Those countries do not want to see Iran with the bomb. Israel has worked with these countries (very quietly) for a few years now against Iran.

It's also believe Saudi Arabia has tacitly given the okay for Israel to use Saudi airspace in a strike against Iran should Obama refuse to let Israel use Iraqi airspace (it is also believed that Obama has refused the use of Iraqi airspace for a strike)

Also, remember Israel bombed a nuclear site in Syria a few years ago that was being funded by Iran and built by North Korea, and WWIII did not break out after that attack.

GottaHavePride
9/27/2009, 11:10 AM
You know, the best solution when a pack of kids is fighting over whose ball it is is just to take the ball away from them and stab it with a pair of scissors, and say "there. Now it's nobody's ball. Happy now?"

But I think people would get mad if we did that with Jerusalem.

Turd_Ferguson
9/27/2009, 11:16 AM
You know, the best solution when a pack of kids is fighting over whose ball it is is just to take the ball away from them and stab it with a pair of scissors, and say "there. Now it's nobody's ball. Happy now?"

But I think people would get mad if we did that with Jerusalem.Why would you do it to Jerusalem?

Tulsa_Fireman
9/27/2009, 11:18 AM
I tried stabbing Stillwater with a pair of scissors once.

It didn't do crap but make a little gash in the dirt.

GottaHavePride
9/27/2009, 11:18 AM
Heh. Because the last 1,000 years over there has been one giant game of king of the hill with Jerusalem. Christians want it to be "theirs", Jewish people want it to be "theirs", Palestinians want it to be "theirs", the Muslims want it to be "theirs"... I mean, if they can't figure out a way to share without killing each other over it...

StoopTroup
9/27/2009, 12:04 PM
I don't think so. The shiite/sunni split is understated. Countries like Jordan, Egypt, and Saudi Arabia are also enemies of Iran. Those countries do not want to see Iran with the bomb. Israel has worked with these countries (very quietly) for a few years now against Iran.

It's also believe Saudi Arabia has tacitly given the okay for Israel to use Saudi airspace in a strike against Iran should Obama refuse to let Israel use Iraqi airspace (it is also believed that Obama has refused the use of Iraqi airspace for a strike)

Also, remember Israel bombed a nuclear site in Syria a few years ago that was being funded by Iran and built by North Korea, and WWIII did not break out after that attack.

Until all of them come out openly about it...I don't trust a one of them. They have all shown they will stab each other in the *** to get what they want. The Israelis know how they are too. I guarantee you that the Israelis don't want us against them and the folks who support their causes in America shouldn't support any Israeli action IMO. It's a trap as far as I'm concerned.

Tulsa_Fireman
9/27/2009, 10:51 PM
http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/9735/07526234124ackbarvt7.gif

Tulsa_Fireman
9/27/2009, 10:58 PM
I forgot something.

IT'S A TRAP.

TheHumanAlphabet
9/28/2009, 09:00 AM
Don't worry, they only want to make electricity and medicine...

SoonerProphet
9/29/2009, 09:34 AM
http://www.lewrockwell.com/roberts/roberts273.html

NormanPride
9/29/2009, 10:39 AM
http://www.lewrockwell.com/roberts/roberts273.html

You know, things like that may have some good points in them (if they can prove the claims they make) but they lose all legitimacy in my eyes when they start spouting things like "mainstream media" and the weird crap that was written at the bottom of the article.

SoonerProphet
9/29/2009, 01:10 PM
You know, things like that may have some good points in them (if they can prove the claims they make) but they lose all legitimacy in my eyes when they start spouting things like "mainstream media" and the weird crap that was written at the bottom of the article.

OK, here is an article from a more "maintstream" source.

http://walt.foreignpolicy.com/posts/2009/09/25/what_is_iran_up_to

NormanPride
9/29/2009, 01:46 PM
Much better, thanks. That guy actually cites articles and sounds like a normal person.

He also suggests that if we want to prevent them from making a bomb, we need to take the things that scare them away. Well... that's never going to happen. And it shouldn't. Unless Iran makes a 180 and decides to embrace western culture and tone down the radical Islam, there is no way in hell the US or UN is backing off on anything. If they're dead set on making a bomb, then they're dead set on war.