PDA

View Full Version : Am I a bad person for...

Knippz
9/27/2009, 12:38 AM
...watching the Tebow concussion play 16 times in a row while laughing hysterically the whole time (and recording it)?

Petro-Sooner
9/27/2009, 12:39 AM
Pretty sure theres a thread regarding this.

Could be wrong though.

Knippz
9/27/2009, 12:40 AM
Yup just saw that. Here comes the red. For what it's worth, I knew that he IS OK before the laughter began.

I really see this becoming another "Tebow defies all odds" story by the end of the year, and I'm dreading it. This could be the reason he gets the Heisman.

On a lighter note, does anyone remember the Dawkins hit on Reggie Bush against the Eagles a few years back? Reggie got up then fell back down. Still have that one. And I still laugh. I'm a terrible person.

hotshot13422
9/27/2009, 01:03 AM
Yup just saw that. Here comes the red. For what it's worth, I knew that he IS OK before the laughter began.

I really see this becoming another "Tebow defies all odds" story by the end of the year, and I'm dreading it. This could be the reason he gets the Heisman.

On a lighter note, does anyone remember the Dawkins hit on Reggie Bush against the Eagles a few years back? Reggie got up then fell back down. Still have that one. And I still laugh. I'm a terrible person.

Sheldon Brown put on the hit, not Dawkins

SCOUT
9/27/2009, 01:09 AM
...watching the Tebow concussion play 16 times in a row while laughing hysterically the whole time (and recording it)?

Yes

colinreturn
9/27/2009, 01:11 AM
that is classless and humorless. know hes going to be ok? ever heard anything about concussions?

sooner59
9/27/2009, 01:20 AM
I (stupidly) got a concussion last week, and yeah I threw up, too. As soon as I came back to the real world and got on my feet, I actually laughed at myself.

However, that was me, and I don't know how bad Tebow is, so I can't comment much yet. But he does need to be careful against LSU, because concussions linger and they are much easier to get once you get your bell rung that first time.

Tebow....I feel your pain, man. Therefore, I don't have a ton of sympathy for you. Its the nature of the game. I don't pity myself, so I don't pity you. Sh** happens.

SoonerNate
9/27/2009, 01:21 AM

Nope

Bosley
9/27/2009, 01:22 AM
I'm just crossing my fingers it doesn't take him three days to start practice again.

soonerboomer93
9/27/2009, 02:32 AM

yeah

did you watch Sam's injury 16 times in a row and laughing hysterically?

StoopTroup
9/27/2009, 06:12 AM
If you think a concussion isn't a serious thing....

May I direct you to a fellow by the name of Liam Neeson.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00029/Neeson_29539t.jpg

That being said....it will be interesting as to how this all pans out. 1st and foremost...I hope Tebow is OK. We'll see how the rest of it pans out. I'm betting gheytor fans are a bit worried right now. No need getting them all riled up. We know how to do that without bagging on a guy with an injury IMO.

9/27/2009, 06:35 AM
Well, a brain bruise is never a good thing. I hope the kid does well and goes on to fulfill his talent potential. He's a good player, and I'd love him if he were a Sooner.

Like most fans, though, I do wish he'd tone it down on the sidelines. I think he's let the "team motivator" name ESPN has donned him has gone to his head some. I can already hear the headlines... "HOW WILL THEY DO WITHOUT THEIR LEADER?"

I seem to remember us doing ok without Aikman. (and yes, I was at that Miami game)

StoopTroup
9/27/2009, 07:05 AM
Bottom line...we all hated losing to him last year.

I hated that walk out of the stadium. I wanted to fight every a-hole that got in my face on the way out. I didn't though. I meerly said..."Good Game.".

One of the hardest things I've had to do in awhile.

unbiasedtruth
9/27/2009, 07:14 AM
No injury to any player on any team is a laughing matter. The games are played not to injure one another, but injuries do happen.

You are kinda acting like a bunch of Husker fans that were close to me at the 2006 Big XII Championship game. Cant remember what Sooner was hurt, but as he layed on the field the Husker fans around me were laughing and cheering about him as he lay hurt on the field. Then when he got up and walked off they boo'ed him.

Think back to last January/February, did you enjoy seeing Blake Griffin sitting on the OU bench with a towel over his head in pain because of the lights???

StoopTroup
9/27/2009, 07:17 AM
No injury to any player on any team is a laughing matter. The games are played to injure one another, but injuries do happen.

You are kinda acting like a bunch of Husker fans that were close to me at the 2006 Big XII Championship game. Cant remember what Sooner was hurt, but as he layed on the field the Husker fans around me were laughing and cheering about him as he lay hurt on the field. Then when he got up and walked off they boo'ed him.

Think back to last January/February, did you enjoy seeing Blake Griffin sitting on the OU bench with a towel over his head in pain because of the lights???

I think I'd rethink that statement.

Are you talking about Jason White in Lincoln when he blew his knee?

unbiasedtruth
9/27/2009, 07:29 AM
^ no need to rethink it.... 2006 Big XII CCG in KC.... it was like 30 degrees, blizzard conditions the few days before the game. Work had me in Hudson Ohio but as soon as we won over Okie State I bought a RT ticket on SW airlines. Met wife and family for the game.

there are bad fans in every barrel of fans of every team..... FWIW..... I have been going to Nebraska since 1969 hunting each fall and I know what their fan base is all about. But times change and so is the Nebraska fan base too from what it once was. The good friends I have in Nebraska are the 1st to admit it also.

Oh and btw..... I'll be there the end of Oct/1st of Nov..... have a little over 1600 acres of corn to help for one of my closest friends there....

Heck even the owners of one of the 2 bars in town that have known me for years let me yell all I wanted to for the 1st 7-8 minutes of the game last year. And they didnt back off "buying" me a beer for each touchdown OU scored either.... I wasnt that thirsty after the 1st qtr....

Knippz
9/27/2009, 07:56 AM
If he isn't back for LSU I'll feel bad. I just don't see that happening.

sooner ngintunr
9/27/2009, 08:09 AM
Yes. Letting the world know about it? Much worse.

StoopTroup
9/27/2009, 08:10 AM
^ no need to rethink it.... 2006 Big XII CCG in KC.... it was like 30 degrees, blizzard conditions the few days before the game. Work had me in Hudson Ohio but as soon as we won over Okie State I bought a RT ticket on SW airlines. Met wife and family for the game.

there are bad fans in every barrel of fans of every team.....

I'd still rethink calling all of us in this thread...Husker Fans.

As far as the 2006 CCG game is concerned....they sell beer there. It's easy to sneak alcohol in on top of that...it's a game for all the marbles...people are competitive and say the darnedest things sometimes.

Do they keep doing it?

If so...they might be husker Fans. :D

iwannabelikesam
9/27/2009, 08:21 AM
Do I feel bad he got hurt? Yes.
Do I hope he ends up being ok? Yes.
Does it change my opinion of him? No. He is still the same classless, selfish, attention whore jerk.

I think I will barf into a bag more than tebow did last night from all the non-stop coverage tebow is still going to get.

okienole3
9/27/2009, 08:44 AM
If you think a concussion isn't a serious thing....

That being said....it will be interesting as to how this all pans out. 1st and foremost...I hope Tebow is OK. We'll see how the rest of it pans out. I'm betting gheytor fans are a bit worried right now. No need getting them all riled up. We know how to do that without bagging on a guy with an injury IMO.

Well, luckily for Tebow, he was in the United States when it happened and not Canada. So, he will be ok.

StoopTroup
9/27/2009, 08:46 AM
Well, luckily for Tebow, he was in the United States when it happened and not Canada. So, he will be ok.

I had to look....Kentucky is still a State. :D

Knippz
9/27/2009, 09:33 AM
Do I feel bad he got hurt? Yes.
Do I hope he ends up being ok? Yes.
Does it change my opinion of him? No. He is still the same classless, selfish, attention whore jerk.

I think I will barf into a bag more than tebow did last night from all the non-stop coverage tebow is still going to get.

This

stoopified
9/27/2009, 10:08 AM
I have to admit that I honestly don't care about Tebow andhis injury>Does this make me a bad person? Some would say so but there is something about Tebow that just irritates me to no end.This lack of compassion for Tebow is an matter of reflection between myself and GOD.The best I can say is that I do not wish Tebow ill,but I cannot bring myself to care about him.This honesty may get me negged but there it is.

1890MilesToNorman
9/27/2009, 10:10 AM
I had to look....Kentucky is still a State. :D

pay tention dammit, theres a North KY and a South KY too. We got 57 states dumbass.

fadada1
9/27/2009, 10:14 AM
pay tention dammit, theres a North KY and a South KY too. We got 57 states dumbass.
saw it on the internets... TRUE!!!

StoopTroup
9/27/2009, 10:28 AM

That South KY sounds like an awful place to get hurt.

unbiasedtruth
9/27/2009, 10:35 AM
I'd still rethink calling all of us in this thread...Husker Fans.

The original comment was and still is "You are acting like....." as in singular, one person, not a whole group and it was directed to the person who started the thread.

and they didnt sell beer there (KC) at the 2008 Big XII CCG game last December......

and I agree...... its not hard to carry liquor into a game at all......

StoopTroup
9/27/2009, 10:39 AM
The original comment was and still is "You are acting like....." as in singular, one person, not a whole group and it was directed to the person who started the thread.

and they didnt sell beer there (KC) at the 2008 Big XII CCG game last December......

and I agree...... its not hard to carry liquor into a game at all......

Oh....OK...I was thrown by the words "You are kinda acting like a bunch of Husker fans "

bonkuba
9/27/2009, 10:48 AM
yeah

did you watch Sam's injury 16 times in a row and laughing hysterically?

I would guess not since Sam is not an a**hole. I don't like to see anyone get hurt......but I had to try really hard to follow my own rule.:D

Dan Thompson
9/27/2009, 10:52 AM
Yes, your a bad person

Knippz
9/27/2009, 10:55 AM
I did not watch this game live. Only highlights after he got up and walked off. And I'll be enjoying the repeats all week, thank you.

OKC Sooner
9/27/2009, 10:56 AM
I wish Tebow a full recovery with no longlasting effects. That said, the Greeks had a word for situations like this....

Hubris: (/hjuːbrɪs/) (ancient Greek ὕβρις) a term used in modern English to indicate overweening pride, haughtiness, or arrogance, often resulting in fatal retribution or Nemesis.

StoopTroup
9/27/2009, 11:03 AM
Mmmmmmm....hubris :D

http://img4.southernliving.com/i/2008/12/appetizers/boiled-peanut-hummus-l.jpg

budbarrybob
9/27/2009, 11:04 AM
[QUOTE=StoopTroup;2717172]If you think a concussion isn't a serious thing....

QUOTE]

A concussion does not remotely equal a ruptured cerebral aneurysm.

I was astonished and amazed at the hit. Kinda like a slow car crash on replay. Was I glad it was Tebow being hit? Yes. Do I want him permanently harmed in any way? a resounding NO.
Except for a crushing sack the knee to the back of the head was very unfortunate. I'm hoping for a full recovery and my prayers are with him.

JLEW1818
9/27/2009, 11:05 AM
i laughed.. but it was kind of a , "i knew it was coming laugh"

StoopTroup
9/27/2009, 11:08 AM
[QUOTE=StoopTroup;2717172]If you think a concussion isn't a serious thing....

QUOTE]

A concussion does not remotely equal a ruptured cerebral aneurysm.

You only know these things after the fact. I thought they waited way to long to get him looked at. The replay of that play says it all. Brutal.

You do realize he's still in the Hospital right?

unbiasedtruth
9/27/2009, 11:30 AM
no problem ST.... guess my wording wasnt as clear as I thought it was. Flu and meds and still have me groggy...... damn near think I am becoming a mormon.... no caffine now for 7 days...... :)

StoopTroup
9/27/2009, 11:51 AM
no problem ST.... guess my wording wasnt as clear as I thought it was. Flu and meds and still have me groggy...... damn near think I am becoming a mormon.... no caffine now for 7 days...... :)

You've got the flu? You swine! Prayers for the unbiasedtruth! :D

Seriously...get well Sooner! Don't let any linemen hit you in the back of the head either!

SoonerNate
9/27/2009, 01:45 PM
I have to admit that I honestly don't care about Tebow andhis injury>Does this make me a bad person? Some would say so but there is something about Tebow that just irritates me to no end.This lack of compassion for Tebow is an matter of reflection between myself and GOD.The best I can say is that I do not wish Tebow ill,but I cannot bring myself to care about him.This honesty may get me negged but there it is.

I agree. I am flipping through these pages and you'd think this was a Gators board! I live down here. I was at a bar when Sam got hurt, and the Fla fans were laughing.

Penguin
9/27/2009, 01:54 PM

You are worse than if Hitler and Dracula had babies!!!!! :mad:

ashley
9/27/2009, 01:59 PM
Yes, for sure.

G8trGr8t
9/27/2009, 02:32 PM
Bottom line...we all hated losing to him last year.

I hated that walk out of the stadium. I wanted to fight every a-hole that got in my face on the way out. I didn't though. I meerly said..."Good Game.".

One of the hardest things I've had to do in awhile.

As a gator a the game that told many OU fans what a good game they played, I apologize for any gator idiot that got in your face. No place for that type of behaivor. Play hard, be proud of your team, be grateful for the victories.

For the OP, would it be wrong if a sexat fan was asking the same question about Bradofrd?

FYI, with a severe concussion like that, you never really know if anybody will be "allright". This is one gator fan that hopes he sits out at LSU

StoopTroup
9/27/2009, 02:40 PM
I don't need your apology...your fans got nuthing on some of the others. I can take it. It wasn't as hard losing to phlorida as it was watching a 3rd chance slip through Bob's fingers.

We should have beat your team...we didn't. Good game. That's it.

MamaMia
9/27/2009, 02:42 PM
...watching the Tebow concussion play 16 times in a row while laughing hysterically the whole time (and recording it)?Yes, but are you so bad that you're going to hell? I don't know. Why don't you ask him?

okiewaker
9/27/2009, 02:59 PM
Your just a product of the "me, myself, and I" society of today. See, as long as you have the tingly's, it doesn't matter if others are hurt. But, other than that you probably are a great person.

Knippz
9/27/2009, 04:54 PM
Look, if this were any other guy than Tebow, I wouldn't speak of it. I wouldn't laugh if it had happened to Colt McCoy. The guy got what was coming to him. He likes to run and play physical, head on football, and he got laid the heck out. I'm surprised it didn't happen sooner.

He is out of the hospital and Meyer said he's ok.

StoopTroup
9/27/2009, 04:57 PM
The guy got what was coming to him.

What exactly did he have comin'? :pop:

Knippz
9/27/2009, 05:15 PM
What exactly did he have comin'? :pop:

A big "you just got KTFO" hit. Surprisingly it happened on a sack rather than a play where he ran the ball.

badger
9/27/2009, 05:21 PM
I think people have misplaced their judgment on this incident... what I assume most people want is for Florida to lose, not for Tebow to get hurt. As such, some people think incorrectly that Tebow getting hurt equates to Florida losing, which it does not. Even with Tebow sent off to the hospital, Florida still won, and will still win games with or without Tebow (much like we're winning with or without Bradford, our own Heisman winner)

I hope people realize where exactly their anger is placed at the loss of the title game last year... it's not on Tebow's head and getting it injured, but rather, on the game itself. Don't root for players to get injured. Rather, root for teams to lose games... even better, root for your own team to win.

I hope Tim Tebow makes a recovery. Recent research suggests that concussions have serious implications during the longterm. :(

SoonerNate
9/27/2009, 05:40 PM
I have been littered with neg rep because of this?

Curly Bill
9/27/2009, 05:40 PM
I have been littered with neg rep because of this?

Complaining about it always helps. :rolleyes:

Knippz
9/27/2009, 05:49 PM
This has everything with Tebow to me. I don't like him. I don't like that he got injured. However, he is OK, so to me, it's hilarious!

I like when the neighborhood bully gets beat up. In fact, I shall now refer to Tebow as "Debow".

Knippz
9/27/2009, 05:53 PM
Glad to know I offended CK Sooner so bad, that he Negged my last 10 posts apparently trying to get me in the red. How mature.

CK Sooner
9/27/2009, 06:12 PM
Glad to know I offended CK Sooner so bad, that he Negged my last 10 posts apparently trying to get me in the red. How mature.

That is what the spek feature is for. Sorry if it offended you.

StoopTroup
9/27/2009, 07:22 PM
A big "you just got KTFO" hit. Surprisingly it happened on a sack rather than a play where he ran the ball.

I won't disagree with you on him getting hit. I remember Rocky Calmus commenting on Nate Hybl when he was getting leveled by K-State in Norman. Nate took some Monster hits and kept getting back up and moving the ball down the field.

Thing is getting KTFO is way different than what happened to tebow. When he hit his head on the lineman as he hit the ground...I thought that might have really done him in. I felt sorry for him instantly. My first reaction wasn't "I hope they killed him".

To each his own though.

OUHOMER
9/27/2009, 07:27 PM
No matter the press and hype around tebow, I dont want to see any athlete injured. I want our team to beat their team.

dont want to play a watered down version due to injuries.

Knippz
9/27/2009, 07:36 PM
I won't disagree with you on him getting hit. I remember Rocky Calmus commenting on Nate Hybl when he was getting leveled by K-State in Norman. Nate took some Monster hits and kept getting back up and moving the ball down the field.

Thing is getting KTFO is way different than what happened to tebow. When he hit his head on the lineman as he hit the ground...I thought that might have really done him in. I felt sorry for him instantly. My first reaction wasn't "I hope they killed him".

To each his own though.

At no point did I say I wanted him to be injured or even killed. Rather, the first contact (not the knee to the back of the head) had me rolling. He got hit hard and it was funny. That's part of the game. It's unfortunate he came down on a knee. I didn't hope for that to happen. I didn't laugh that it happened. But the initial hit was satisfying, to say the very least.

StoopTroup
9/27/2009, 07:37 PM
At no point did I say I wanted him to be injured or even killed. Rather, the first contact (not the knee to the back of the head) had me rolling. He got hit hard and it was funny. That's part of the game. It's unfortunate he came down on a knee. I didn't hope for that to happen. I didn't laugh that it happened. But the initial hit was satisfying, to say the very least.

OK...cool.

Would ya say a little prayer for him now? :D

Knippz
9/27/2009, 07:40 PM
OK...cool.

Would ya say a little prayer for him now? :D

I think you did the job, and he's ok. Next time though. :P

Let's say a prayer for me that some nice fellow speks my last 45 posts to counter the 3 year old.

StoopTroup
9/27/2009, 07:42 PM

Let's say a prayer for me that some nice fellow speks my last 45 posts to counter the 3 year old.

AMEN I SAY ! ! ! :D

CK Sooner
9/27/2009, 07:48 PM

Childish is making fun of someone that has a serious injury.

How would you feel if I was filming your mother falling down a flight of stairs and then getting a concussion and taken to the hospital and then going home and watching the footage over and over again laughing my *** off?

You sir, are an idiot.

olevetonahill
9/27/2009, 07:53 PM
I didnt LOL nor did I Pray
I did think Oh ****in great, He got hit hard and Now we are gonna hear fer the next month about "How ****ing tuff he is , to come back from that " :rolleyes:
Personally Im sick of hearing about how great he is .

He is a Great player, Im just sick of hearing about it :D

StoopTroup
9/27/2009, 07:56 PM
Childish is making fun of someone that has a serious injury.

How would you feel if I was filming your mother falling down a flight of stairs and then getting a concussion and taken to the hospital and then going home and watching the footage over and over again laughing my *** off?

You sir, are an idiot.

Are you stalking his Mother? :pop:

WTF? :D

Curly Bill
9/27/2009, 07:58 PM
CK is a noted hunter of the elusive M*LF.

CK Sooner
9/27/2009, 07:59 PM
Are you stalking his Mother? :pop:

WTF? :D

Hmmmm.....

:D

StoopTroup
9/27/2009, 08:02 PM
Knippz....

If yer momma is or looks like Megan Fox....call the authorities right now! :D

IBleedCrimson
9/27/2009, 08:12 PM

Not caring is ok. Celebrating an amateur athlete's head injury, like the thread starter, is ****ed up

Knippz
9/27/2009, 08:18 PM
Thanks to all who helped!!! Spek coming your way when I get access to a computer (on iPhone now)!

I didn't celebrate the injury, I celebrated the initial hit.

Knippz
9/27/2009, 08:20 PM
At no point did I ever say anything about being glad that he's injured. In fact, I said I hope he's ok and he plays again.

CK Sooner
9/27/2009, 08:21 PM
Thanks to all who helped!!!

I didn't celebrate the injury, I celebrated the initial hit.

No, your still a ******.

StoopTroup
9/27/2009, 08:22 PM
Everybody is "Over-Tebowed". I'd just like to have another crack at him again. I pray for that too sometimes.

CK Sooner
9/27/2009, 08:24 PM
At no point did I ever say anything about being glad that he's injured. In fact, I said I hope he's ok and he plays again.

...watching the Tebow concussion play 16 times in a row while laughing hysterically the whole time

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Knippz
9/27/2009, 08:38 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Cool, I still never explicitly stated I liked the concussion. I said I watched it and recorded it. Then immediately after cleared up the fact that I hope he's and can play again. The point was, and I have tried to clarify this, that I enjoyed the hit. I am glad he is ok and hope he plays the rest of the season.

However, it was a GREAT play, and it's unforunate he got injured from it. It wasn't an intentional injury, and nor do I praise it.

OUHOMER
9/27/2009, 08:41 PM
Cool, I still never explicitly stated I liked the concussion. I said I watched it and recorded it. Then immediately after cleared up the fact that I hope he's and can play again. The point was, and I have tried to clarify this, that I enjoyed the hit. I am glad he is ok and hope he plays the rest of the season.

However, it was a GREAT play, and it's unforunate he got injured from it. It wasn't an intentional injury, and nor do I praise it.

Fair enough

Frozen Sooner
9/27/2009, 09:54 PM
1. Quit complaining about the reputation feature.
2. Keep abusing it and eventually Phil will get mad enough to take it away again.