PDA

View Full Version : clock management

stoops the eternal pimp
9/27/2009, 12:06 AM
For everybody that loves Mike Leach he still doesnt know how to manage the clock at the end of the game

DarrellZero
9/27/2009, 12:09 AM
Moreover, his stubborn refusal to kick a field goal cost his team the game.

Curly Bill
9/27/2009, 12:10 AM
For everybody that loves Mike Leach he still doesnt know how to manage the clock at the end of the game

You're right, he should come back to Norman and run the offense, and let Bob worry about the clock. ;) :D

tulsaoilerfan
9/27/2009, 12:11 AM
Didn't see the whole game, but WTF running a 2 yard screen with no TO's left?

Eielson
9/27/2009, 12:12 AM
Or just give us Sumlin back.

Sonner magic923
Moreover, his stubborn refusal to kick a field goal cost his team the game.

well they did pull there kicker out of the stands literally didnt they

Rhino
Moreover, his stubborn refusal to kick a field goal cost his team the game. Yep.

sooner59
9/27/2009, 12:14 AM
He is too qwerky......is that a word? It makes sense to me, so whatever.

tulsaoilerfan
9/27/2009, 12:15 AM
Or just give us Sumlin back.

If Bob leaves, Sumlin should be one of the top candidates to replace him; the man is very impressive with the job he's doing in Houston

Eielson
9/27/2009, 12:23 AM
He is too qwerky......is that a word? It makes sense to me, so whatever.

Quirky.

sooner59
9/27/2009, 12:24 AM
Quirky.

There you go. Good call.

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/27/2009, 01:45 AM
Pirates don't have pocket watches!!!

unbiasedtruth
9/27/2009, 07:38 AM
Ya that new contract he has is definitely paying off now.....

StoopTroup
9/27/2009, 08:14 AM
If Bob leaves, Sumlin should be one of the top candidates to replace him; the man is very impressive with the job he's doing in Houston

I'd take Mike Stoops over Sumlin.

Probably would never happen though. None of them would want to follow in Bob's footsteps anyway. Heck...who would want to anyway?

I'd say you have to find someone who can recruit...let him have the reigns for two years while you look for someone with the gonads to take over here.

It would be a very painful time for me. I hope Bob stays for a long time.

budbarrybob
9/27/2009, 12:08 PM
I'd take Mike Stoops over Sumlin.

Probably would never happen though. None of them would want to follow in Bob's footsteps anyway. Heck...who would want to anyway?

I'd say you have to find someone who can recruit...let him have the reigns for two years while you look for someone with the gonads to take over here.

It would be a very painful time for me. I hope Bob stays for a long time.

Bob's leaving??!!?! LINK Please!!!! :D

StoopTroup
9/27/2009, 12:15 PM
Bob's leaving??!!?! LINK Please!!!! :D

Check with Rus :pop:

Jacie
9/27/2009, 12:30 PM
Sumlin was no better at clock management than Leach. Just before the half, with time running down and two timeouts remaining, Houston was lining up for what would be a 45-yard FGA and got called for delay of game. After the 5-yard walkoff, the field goal kicker bailed out Sumlin by making the now 50-yard attempt, the longest of his career. Given the final 29-28 score, that 3 points before the half was the game winner, no thanks to the Houston coaches.

There was also mismanagement of the clock at the end of the Notre Dame-Purdue game. Notre Dame fell behind by 4 points on a late Purdue TD but drove downfield to a first-and-goal at the four yard line but with no timeouts remaining. Purdue stopped the Irish twice. Then with less than 30 seconds to go, the clock running, and Notre Dame hurrying to line up to spike the ball so they could run a fourth down play, the Purdue bench calls timeout. They gave Weis time and an extra play. The time was what they needed and the Irish scored on the next play to win 24-21.

SoonerDood
9/27/2009, 12:49 PM
There was also mismanagement of the clock at the end of the Notre Dame-Purdue game. Notre Dame fell behind by 4 points on a late Purdue TD but drove downfield to a first-and-goal at the four yard line but with no timeouts remaining. Purdue stopped the Irish twice. Then with less than 30 seconds to go, the clock running, and Notre Dame hurrying to line up to spike the ball so they could run a fourth down play, the Purdue bench calls timeout. They gave Weis time and an extra play. The time was what they needed and the Irish scored on the next play to win 24-21.

This was sickeningly stupid. That's why Purdue is Purdue.