PDA

View Full Version : Oh my Tebow...was that Herbstriet promoting OU?

btk108
9/26/2009, 10:21 PM
In the final mins of the Iowa/Penn St game..."Oklahoma is intriguing, they've had the chance to get healthy, don't count them out. I'm interested to see what they do":eek:

Soonerus
9/26/2009, 10:22 PM
I heard it too...amazing...

Crucifax Autumn
9/26/2009, 10:23 PM
He's a moron. He's one of the ones that counted us out.

mightysooner
9/26/2009, 10:24 PM
In the final mins of the Iowa/Penn St game..."Oklahoma is intriguing, they've had the chance to get healthy, don't count them out. I'm interested to see what they do":eek:

He musta had too much to drink at the bar during halftime. You have to admit....everything is falling our way. Everybody keeps losing.

delhalew
SHHHHHHHH. Don't tell nobody:D

sooner59
Yep, Herbie changes his mind more than he changes underwear.

Soonerus
He just said we were back in...just fine....

Hotrod3157
9/26/2009, 10:26 PM
I was shocked too. Everything keeps falling into place to where we control our destiny again. Hopefully Sam gets cleared and we can make a run at it.

btk108
9/26/2009, 10:26 PM
and Penn State goes down...i'm def liking the bye week

bcgvh
9/26/2009, 10:30 PM
We are now 100% in control of our own destiny again.

colinreturn
9/26/2009, 10:43 PM
We are now 100% in control of our own destiny again.

98%

Johnny Utah
9/26/2009, 11:02 PM
We all should know by now that Herbstreit follows the money. Early on he distanced himself from his alma mater (tOSU) and hitched his star to either whatever SEC team or USC would validate him as one of the premier media types in college football. He is a mercenary in the truest sense.

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/27/2009, 01:50 AM
Houston is the best team in the Big XII right now!!

bstuff1979
9/27/2009, 01:57 AM
all this does is lead me to believe that OU-"the u" is going to be the prime-time game next week. it's plausible that he really does think that OU is back in the hunt, but I think it's more likely that he's just promoting what he assumes will be the game next week. yeah, miami got crushed today, but cal was crushed in even greater fashion in addition to usc looking less than impressive against wazzu.

StoopTroup
9/27/2009, 07:20 AM
I got it from one of Rus's insiders that Herb burned his sweater vest this week. Some say he's finally getting the blood flow back to his brain again.

Prayers for Herb.

tommieharris91
9/27/2009, 08:45 AM
He's been saying we have the best DL in the nation all season long.

StoopTroup
9/27/2009, 08:47 AM
He's been saying we have the best DL in the nation all season long.

More proof that there is hope for him.

OUHOMER
9/27/2009, 08:57 AM
Well, I may be the only here that likes ( likes= can put up with) Herbie. He does seem to be knowledgeable and I think tells like it is, But he has a job to do, and its to promote ESPn first college football teams 2nd.

The rest of the sports experts from ESPn all suck. Heck 98% of all sports experts suck if they dont pick OU.

Signed
Most fair and opened minded college football fan in the USA
OUHOMER

:D

meoveryouxinfinity
9/27/2009, 09:10 AM
Let us not forget the undefeated teams ranked *behind* us who could jump us in the human polls and/or the BCS
Cinci
big 10 team like Michigan/Iowa although it's very unlikely that they win out
Boise St
Houston

fadada1
9/27/2009, 09:16 AM
unfortunately, herbstriet and the like are human, and, like most humans, often "go with" the teams they WANT to win - not the teams they THINK will win. we, as OU fans, do it as well. i NEVER want texas, notre dame, usc, osu to win... even when i think they will win. and i think sports media do this as well. best example - lou holtz. lou WANTS nd to win every week - and rarely (if ever) can he admit that nd is outmatched and will lose the game.

herbstriet, imo, is about as fair and balanced as college announcers go (todd blackledge is pretty good as well). musburger loves the media darling and will always go that way (or whoever happens to be winning the game at that moment in time).

OUHOMER
9/27/2009, 09:21 AM
unfortunately, herbstriet and the like are human, and, like most humans, often "go with" the teams they WANT to win - not the teams they THINK will win. we, as OU fans, do it as well. i NEVER want texas, notre dame, usc, osu to win... even when i think they will win. and i think sports media do this as well. best example - lou holtz. lou WANTS nd to win every week - and rarely (if ever) can he admit that nd is outmatched and will lose the game.

herbstriet, imo, is about as fair and balanced as college announcers go (todd blackledge is pretty good as well). musburger loves the media darling and will always go that way (or whoever happens to be winning the game at that moment in time).

agreed!