PDA

View Full Version : BOISE STATE

okcusooner
9/26/2009, 06:47 PM
If Boise State goes undefeated, there may be a fair chance that they end up number #2 and in the championship game. (given other ifs...like Penn State losing, etc, etc)

I wouldn't like it. Of course, what I like and what happens are often two different things.

But I do have this fear that perhaps a critical mass is slowly but surely building that maybe it's time to give an undefeated mid-major a birth in the title game.

If this does happen, I only hope Boise gets blown out even if they are playing a team I loathe such as Florida or Texas

SoonerKnight
9/26/2009, 06:50 PM
Boise will not be there weak schedule but if don't go MNc we wil get Boise in Fiesta if we get to the Fiesta Bowl! It'll be a rematch they will drool over.

sooner59
9/26/2009, 06:52 PM
The polls can do whatever they want, but the BCS wil HATE Boise.

okcusooner
9/26/2009, 06:54 PM
The polls can do whatever they want, but the BCS wil HATE Boise.

I hope you are absolutely right.

Jacie
9/26/2009, 06:54 PM
Boise will not be there weak schedule but if don't go MNc we wil get Boise in Fiesta if we get to the Fiesta Bowl! It'll be a rematch they will drool over.

So your English teacher quit in mid-year, did she?

okiewaker
9/26/2009, 07:06 PM

This is a waste of taxpayer's dollars unless, of course, you have been drinking. Then, you get a free pass!!! :D

mehip
9/26/2009, 07:20 PM
Personally, I'd love to see something like that just to upset the apple cart a bit more and hasten the end of the bcs.

Breadburner
9/26/2009, 07:21 PM
We need Joe Pa St.....To lose now.....

sooner ngintunr
9/26/2009, 07:23 PM
If this does happen, I only hope Boise gets blown out even if they are playing a team I loathe such as Florida or Texas

Really?? I'm not so sure about that one.

I will never say "I hope * blows them out". Against anyone. Ever.

Thats fuggin whorn fan talk right there.

mightysooner
9/26/2009, 07:50 PM
I HATE Boise State! I'm ready for them to screw off already.

stoopified
9/26/2009, 08:49 PM
If we can't play in the Title game,I want BSU.I don't care where,even on that blue Smurf Turf.

Crucifax Autumn
9/26/2009, 09:02 PM
Maybe we can see a major shift and face them in the title game!

ouwasp
9/26/2009, 11:33 PM
Sooner fans ought to pack Chapman stadium next month when bsu comes to Tulsa....

Sonner magic923
9/26/2009, 11:39 PM
Maybe we can see a major shift and face them in the title game!

man that would be so freakin awesome then we OUs up by 50 i hope they run the statue of liberty now that would be some funny shat

bcgvh
9/26/2009, 11:45 PM
Sooner fans ought to pack Chapman stadium next month when bsu comes to Tulsa....

Not a bad idea...

OK2LA
9/26/2009, 11:47 PM

If you are truly a Sooner fan, I'm not sure how you would hope for a Texas blow-out over Boise State.

To this day, shorthorn fan loves to throw this up in our face about losing to the likes of Boise like they were "popcorn" state.

No one gives Boise any credit. Mostly because the name Boise. BOYZEEE. Then put a STATE on the end of it. BOYZEE STATE. They must suck because of how their name sounds.

You think that if Texas blows Boise out you'd have any kind of redemption??!!??

I assume you're going to run to your nearest Boise fan, and laugh and point in their face that they lost to Texas?

I'm not sure where you're going with this:confused:

NASASooner
9/27/2009, 12:24 AM
The trouble with Boise State is that their schedule is usually a poor indication of how good a team they are. When we played them...they were a good team (even though that was a 2 loss OU team with a QB who was a WR the year before). Last year BSU was undefeated until the bowl game and TCU proved they were mostly an okay team that year. My hunch this year is that Boise is a good team but will lose against a quality conference champ in a BCS game...and have a good chance at winning one of the bottom BCS games.

sooner59
9/27/2009, 12:28 AM
Texas vs. Boise: I'm rooting for Boise.
Florida vs. Boise: I'm rooting for Boise.
Anyone else: I'm rooting for whoever plays Boise.

Eielson
9/27/2009, 12:37 AM

Even OSU?

I think that BSU is definately deserving of a BCS bowl game if they win out, but not the championship game.

sooner59
9/27/2009, 01:27 AM
Even OSU?

I think that BSU is definately deserving of a BCS bowl game if they win out, but not the championship game.

Oh, I was just saying that "IF" Boise got to the NC game, that's who I would root for. Given that there is a 0% probability of OSU making it, I disregarded them. In a BCS game (Fiesta), yeah I will go for Boise over OSU.

Sirus
9/27/2009, 02:20 AM
The trouble with Boise State is that their schedule is usually a poor indication of how good a team they are. When we played them...they were a good team (even though that was a 2 loss OU team with a QB who was a WR the year before). Last year BSU was undefeated until the bowl game and TCU proved they were mostly an okay team that year. My hunch this year is that Boise is a good team but will lose against a quality conference champ in a BCS game...and have a good chance at winning one of the bottom BCS games.

I know the rest of their schedule looks like dogcrap, but the Oregan win looks better now.

TMcGee86
9/27/2009, 10:42 AM
I really dont get the Boise hate.

I equate it to the "over-rated" chant.

By pretending they are a crappy team, we are thereby admitting that we got beat by a crappy team.

Boise is good. Damn good. They are the best team I have watched this year. The best coached and the best prepared.

So we lost to them, we've lost to worse teams with better teams.

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
9/27/2009, 10:51 AM
I hate Boise St. because they have a blue field and match their uniforms so that they are camoflaged. They should be banned from football until the field is changed.

Knippz
9/27/2009, 10:52 AM
I really dont get the Boise hate.

I equate it to the "over-rated" chant.

By pretending they are a crappy team, we are thereby admitting that we got beat by a crappy team.

Boise is good. Damn good. They are the best team I have watched this year. The best coached and the best prepared.

So we lost to them, we've lost to worse teams with better teams.

Apparently you haven't watched too many good teams this year then. I've seen 6 or 7 that look better.

CrimsonJim
9/27/2009, 11:56 AM

This. ^^^

Oh, I was just saying that "IF" Boise got to the NC game, that's who I would root for. Given that there is a 0% probability of OSU making it, I disregarded them. In a BCS game (Fiesta), yeah I will go for Boise over OSU.

And this. ^^^

:D

CrimsonJim
9/27/2009, 12:02 PM
I hate Boise St. because they have a blue field and match their uniforms so that they are camoflaged. They should be banned from football until the field is changed.

Maybe we should just make them wear their away unis until the field is changed. :P

badger
9/28/2009, 08:03 AM
If you can make the TU/Bois Estate game, be there. Tulsa can use the local support and Boy Zee is better off losing.

Why? Well, without them staying at home for their Humanitarian Bowl, the city of Boise can't sell anyone tickets to the game. Thus, losing and being subjected to a hometown bowl is Boise's best option.

It's not about hard feelings, it's the economy, stupid! :D

Grumbler
9/28/2009, 12:09 PM

I'd be as surprised as anyone here if Boise State reached the NC this season. Fiesta Bowl, if they run the table, yes, but they'd prefer a different BCS team such as Ohio State or Texas rather than recycle a second Broncos/Sooners Fiesta Bowl.

It'll be interesting to see whether the Broncos can dominate Tulsa as well as the Sooners did although that game is in Tulsa. If Boise State wins then we'll see how Houston does in Tulsa which would be a good nonAQ comparism there. TCU can't be overlooked as a BCS buster with that formidable defense.

Boise State is being held back by the WAC, but if they got an invited to the MWC then that'd will do wonders for their SOS. One problem, their stadium only has 34K seats. Not much of a payday for visiting BCS teams like Oregon and Oregon State.

I personally think that the 2009 Boise State team is faster, bigger, and stronger than the 2006 team, but the 2010 team is expected to be their best ever with NC potential if they beat VT and Oregon State next season.

The blue turf looks much better in daylight. Walked on it with with my bro-in-law this past summer as part of a free self-guided tour. Looks horrible during telecasted night games. At least it isn't bright orange. ;)

TXBOOMER
9/28/2009, 01:49 PM

texass vs. anybody. I'm rooting for anybody!

PDXsooner
9/28/2009, 10:35 PM
here's the real rub against boise state -- yes, we know their conference sucks but it's "not their fault" right?

but yet boise state's chose to schedule oregon (good), bowling green, miami (OH), cal davis, and tulsa as their non-conf. games!!!! WTF!!!

if you are in a weaker conference, you MUST step up in your non-conf games or you should get absolutely no love!!!

westcoast_sooner
9/29/2009, 01:02 AM
To me, Boise has a pretty clear shot at going unbeaten. There are a couple of interesting spots they could stumble. First, they have to play @Tulsa, and @Hawaii in successive weeks, and the travel may get to them a little. But I'm not sure Hawaii is good enough to pull off the upset. But Tulsa might be. Tulsa has the tools and the offense to get it done - but they'll need to play a great game.

A couple more thoughts about Boise, though. First, it's just flat hard to go unbeaten these days. Too many upsets, things can go wrong, a team or a key player can go down, have an off day, have a rash of turnovers. Who would think that Washington would beat USC? Point is that anything can happen.

Second, even if Boise is undefeated, what's going to get them is the computer part of the BCS. Their schedule will be perceived as weaker than other top ranked teams. It's the same thing that kept Utah out of the Championship Game. Even though SOS isn't officially considered, it's still a factor - who you've beaten and who they've beaten.

LawtonBoy74
9/29/2009, 01:08 AM
BSU only makes it if they win out, Oregon runs the table, and if Fresno State actually finishes some games and wins this year...IF and only IF this is the only logical way I can see BSU even being mentioned in NC talk...but for now their schedule is way tooo weak!!!

Crucifax Autumn
9/29/2009, 01:10 AM
I hope Tulsa buries their asses.

Sooner70
9/29/2009, 06:06 AM
Coach Lou is now on the BSU bandwagon now that ND has sorta fizzled. Phil Steele preseason picked Texas vs. Florida in NC game, OU-Boise State in Fiesta. It's still gonna come down to Oct 17 folks.

oupride
9/29/2009, 10:20 AM
I don't hate 'em however they will not get the respect. Their schedule is just too weak.

LawtonBoy74
9/29/2009, 10:24 AM
Boise is in a good position because they are ranked very high for it to be so early in the season..it's hard for an undefeated team to fall in the polls..They have to keep impressing the voters by consistently having blowout wins...if they struggle at all I dont see them making it to the NC