PDA

View Full Version : Wowza, anybody see this?

CK Sooner
9/26/2009, 12:02 PM
http://collegeinjuryreport.com/cfb/florida-injury-report.php

OUHOMER
9/26/2009, 12:04 PM
DAMN, I have not seen Kentucky play this year, but they may have a shot

OUHOMER
9/26/2009, 12:06 PM
you would think tebow would lay hands on everybody, or maybe he did:eek:

okiewaker
9/26/2009, 12:06 PM
Heard it on ESPN. Said they chartered separate planes for the sick.

1890MilesToNorman
9/26/2009, 12:09 PM
Leprosy is what they have, send'em to Debbil's Island just to be safe.

GottaHavePride
9/26/2009, 12:14 PM
Nah - I think they got the swine flu. Considering that injury report lists them as "flu" and ESPN is being very careful to call it "respiratory and congestive issues" on their news scroll...

Yeah, I'd bet that's swine flu. Especially since I think that's been going around the SEC football teams...

Eielson
9/26/2009, 12:33 PM
They probably won't be 100%, but most of them should still be fine. At it's worst, swine flu is still usually something you can play through. It's pretty mild for being sick. The worst thing is that it is contagious, and you could have a lot of people not quite being 100%. That does appear to be the case, but it shouldn't matter becuase Florida is so much better than Kentucky.

What I mean by "at it's worst", is at it's worst point of a normal case of swine flu. Not the most severe overall cases of swine flu. If that makes any sense.

westcoast_sooner
9/26/2009, 12:36 PM
DAMN, I have not seen Kentucky play this year, but they may have a shot
Saw UK play Louisville last week on TV and UK did NOT look good. They will have to play a flawless game today, even if Tebow can't play. Would absolutely love to see UK knock of Florida - my wife is a grad of UK.

AzianSooner
9/26/2009, 12:41 PM
an export H1N1 from cambodia to Mr. Missionary.

SunnySooner
9/26/2009, 12:46 PM
If you have the flu, you should not get to play--they're just gonna spread this crap to everyone else. Not fair, it's like deploying a biological weapon on the other team, could screw up their next game.

westbrooke
9/26/2009, 01:58 PM
If you have the flu, you should not get to play--they're just gonna spread this crap to everyone else. Not fair, it's like deploying a biological weapon on the other team, could screw up their next game.

The period in which you are contagious passes pretty quickly. After that, as said above, it's kind of a mild case of the flu in regards to congestive and muscle soreness issues. They'll be fine.

soonergirlNeugene
9/26/2009, 02:00 PM
But reports out of Florida this morning suggest that the true test of the disease's mettle comes today, when the virulent strain of the virus coursing through Gainesville finally comes head to head with an army of the most upstanding, indomitable T-cells known to man:

A source close to the team confirmed late Friday night that Tim Tebow was one of several players to fly on a separate plane to Lexington from the rest of the team because he is sick with the flu. The source said that safety Major Wright was also among the players on the separate plane.
[...]
The Gainesville Sun reported this week that 97 percent of flu cases on UF’s campus this fall have been the H1N1 virus, also known as swine flu.

The Tebow Child is still suiting up, along with at least a couple dozen other Gators who, along with a few blessed patches of grass inside Commonwealth Stadium, will draw strength from their warrior quarterback's celestial mucus.

Linky (http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/blog/dr_saturday/post/Today-s-Matchups-Flu-vs-Tim-Tebow-s-immune-sys?urn=ncaaf,192261) XD

engineer24
9/26/2009, 02:04 PM
Its probably possible to play thru swine flu, but I disagree with everybody above who says that its "no big deal." You obviously havent had flu in a while.

Flu is NOT the same symptoms as a cold. A cold = cough, runny nose, and thats as about it. Flu = knock you on your *** body aches from head to toe. Every single muscle in you hurts when you have flu. Most people cant work with it and have to stay home in bed.

GottaHavePride
9/26/2009, 02:22 PM
Worse than that - flu makes your mind fuzzy. It's pretty damn hard to concentrate when you're sick.

westbrooke
9/26/2009, 02:38 PM
I counted two people, including myself, who indicated that swine flu is a mild case of the flu, and neither of us said it's "no big deal." And I've most definitely had the flu recently. I had swine flu the week before the BYU game. So did my girlfriend. I work from home, so I stayed in bed for 2 days, but I continued to work on my laptop, with an occasional break for a nap. The congestion was the worst part. The soreness was mild compared to other times I've had the flu. I had a fever exactly once in all of the numerous times I checked. I've had the "every single muscle in you hurts" flu, and this ain't it.

That said, if they're contagious, they shouldn't play. If they aren't contagious, they can probably be held out to rest anyway because they're playing Kentucky. If they're needed, they can probably play.

Eielson
9/26/2009, 02:55 PM
Its probably possible to play thru swine flu, but I disagree with everybody above who says that its "no big deal." You obviously havent had flu in a while.

Actually, I got the flu two weeks ago. In fact, it was the swine flu.

Eielson
9/26/2009, 08:23 PM
It probably doesn't need to be said, but the 31-0 first quarter score points toward it not being that big of a deal.