PDA

View Full Version : My friend who is an Obama lover...

JLEW1818
9/26/2009, 10:45 AM
What do yall think about this... is he right???

"i gotta go ahead and throw this out here- cap and trade is a bad idea. i just went ahead and read what i could on it, and i can't see a single benefit to the average american. what Obama is supporting could very well double or triple what you ...spend on energy, and that's money most people don't have.

i think this chart is worth looking at... look at where the united states is compared to all these countries we're supposed to be emulating. Bear in mind this is just average income tax, then there are sales taxes, high corporate taxes, and plenty of special taxes."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Income_Taxes_By_Country.svg

JLEW1818
9/26/2009, 10:46 AM
explain please...

1890MilesToNorman
9/26/2009, 10:50 AM
The chart shows if you are a fan of taxes you should live in Europe.

StoopTroup
9/26/2009, 02:35 PM
Looks like we should just pack up and move to Korea.

Honey! Get my Sombrero and my Poncho! We're going on a road trip!

Tulsa_Fireman
9/26/2009, 03:49 PM
VIVA LA KOREA!

GrapevineSooner
9/26/2009, 04:34 PM
Well, it could either be an average rate taking into account all of the tax brackets, or it could what you get if you take all the brackets and weight them.

If I had to guess, it's the former. Otherwise, the mean tax rate would calculate to being higher than it actually is, since there are far more people paying in at the lower tax brackets than there are at the top.

PDXsooner
9/26/2009, 04:36 PM
just remember the golden rule: if you're a die-hard republican, there is no way that anything obama does or says can possibly be right. his entire goal is to confuse and defy america. stick to this truth and we will all be ok!

TheHumanAlphabet
9/28/2009, 09:14 AM
I fail to understand why one would want to tax personal income more heavily than business?

Dio
9/28/2009, 01:02 PM
just remember the golden rule: if you're a die-hard republican, there is no way that anything obama does or says can possibly be right. his entire goal is to confuse and defy america. stick to this truth and we will all be ok!

Which, of course, replaces the last golden rule: if you're a die-hard democrat, there is no way that anything W does or says can possibly be right. his entire goal is to confuse and defy america. stick to this truth and we will all be ok!

PDXsooner
9/28/2009, 01:24 PM
Which, of course, replaces the last golden rule: if you're a die-hard democrat, there is no way that anything W does or says can possibly be right. his entire goal is to confuse and defy america. stick to this truth and we will all be ok!

i absolutely agree! both parties are failing institutions.

walkoffsooner
9/28/2009, 01:29 PM
i absolutely agree! both parties are failing institutions.

WE HAVE A WINNER

1890MilesToNorman
9/28/2009, 01:34 PM

If you strongly disagree with a philosophy you should fight against it no matter what. You have a problem with that?

PDXsooner
9/28/2009, 07:58 PM
If you strongly disagree with a philosophy you should fight against it no matter what. You have a problem with that?

no problem at all. it would be great if we were talking about philosophies here. but mostly we're talking about partisanship veiled in philosophy.