PDA

View Full Version : Who thinks stoops should beat Miami to redeem his big game reputation

basel90
9/26/2009, 09:41 AM
i love bob and admire all he did for OU , but right now we need this game and the Texas game to regain the national recognition we deserve. who is with me that stoops needs to deliver to prove he has the coaching skills he still had in the early 2000s because am quite concerned with our offensive coordinator and some big game breakdowns recently ( past 3 years actually) with no noticeable changes from bob . While other top coaches have fired coordinators who don't deliver.

can you imagine re-living a losing game to Miami again after the pains of the 80s . i don;'t have fond memories of that era. we need to beat the canes .. period.

What do you all think?

meoveryouxinfinity
9/26/2009, 09:46 AM
People don't equate big games with big games.

Nowadays bowl games= big games I guess.

Bob is what, 6-1 in the big XII championship?
Bob is what, 6-4 against Texas?
Bob is what, 8-2 in Bedlam?

Sonner magic923
9/26/2009, 09:46 AM
win or lose bobs still the best coach in college football (jmho) but ya sure id like to see em win next weekend

JLEW1818
9/26/2009, 09:47 AM
beat number 2 ranked Tech last year

beat number 1 ranked Missouri in 2007

but according to horns, those games are not big

OUHOMER
9/26/2009, 09:47 AM
i love bob and admire all he did for OU , but right now we need this game and the Texas game to regain the national recognition we deserve. who is with me that stoops needs to deliver to prove he has the coaching skills he still had in the early 2000s because am quite concerned with our offensive coordinator and some big game breakdowns recently ( past 3 years actually) with no noticeable changes from bob . While other top coaches have fired coordinators who don't deliver.

can you imagine re-living a losing game to Miami again after the pains of the 80s . i don;'t have fond memories of that era. we need to beat the canes .. period.

What do you all think?

Um, didnt Wilson get us to the MNC game? Didnt he help produce a Heisman QB.

But yea there were a few games last year ( BCS bowl games) and the BYU game that made me wonder WTH. But the bottom line is we got there.

85sooners
9/26/2009, 09:50 AM
WE NEED TO WIN ALLLLLLLLLLLL GAMES EVER PLAYED!!!

Denton_Sooner
9/26/2009, 09:55 AM
i love bob and admire all he DOES for OU , but right now we need this game and the Texas game to regain the national recognition we deserve. who is with me that stoops needs to deliver to prove he has the coaching skills he still had in the early 2000s because am quite concerned with our offensive coordinator and some big game breakdowns recently ( past 3 years actually) with no noticeable changes from bob . While other top coaches have fired coordinators who don't deliver.

What do you all think?

Fixed...;)

True, the next two games are huge for Oklahoma's season, but in terms of making up for national reputation, it's going to take a BSC bowl win to squash that..

Winning these next two games puts Oklahoma in the position to correct that.

Lets hope Bob gets the chance to put another BCS bowl trophy in the OU case this January..

GottaHavePride
9/26/2009, 10:02 AM
1. I expect the Sooners to win every damn game they play.

2. Sometimes we don't. It happens.

3. The one Bob has been having trouble with is the one at the END of the season. I'd like to see us win one of those.

Shaggy721
9/26/2009, 10:03 AM
True, the next two games are huge for Oklahoma's season

Miami and Baylor? :confused:

Denton_Sooner
9/26/2009, 10:09 AM
Miami and Baylor? :confused:

Oops.. You're right.. I always correlate Oct 10th with Texas... The Miami game and the Texas game is what i meant! Not enough coffee this morning! :P

IronHorseSooner
9/26/2009, 10:16 AM
I think they mean Miami and UTerus....I am of the opinion that Whorns, Pokes, and the media only count it as a big game is we lose. Beating #2 Tech, beating #1 Mizzou, the record against UTerus, the Pokes, and Nebbish all speak for themselves. Case and point, if the 2007 Big XII Title Game was considered a "big game" by the media, then we should have been in the MNC instead of LSU. However, the WVU game is considered a "big game." It wasn't for any title, but because we lost, it was a "big game." We also beat UTerus and the Pokes that year, along with the first Mizzou game. Last year, I would've called the TCU, Cincy, KU, OSU, and Mizzou "big games" as well. TCU went on to beat Boise, and should've beaten Utah. Cincy won the Big East. KU was ranked. OSU was ranked #11, and a bitter rival, ON THE ROAD. Mizzou was a Top 20 team, and it was a conference title game. It is all spin, which UTerus, the Pokes, and the media are VERY good.

SoonerLB
9/26/2009, 10:23 AM
We have the best coach in college football and we need to appreciate that fact, win or lose. I don't like it when we lose either, but no one wins 'em all.
Something else I don't like is people calling our coach BGB, I hear it too much from the haters where I live, and it pizzes me off. It's a derogatory reference, and it needs to be baned! Baned I tell you! ;)

Wishboned
9/26/2009, 10:34 AM
I think he needs to beat Miami just because they're Miami.

Cam
9/26/2009, 10:49 AM
He needs to beat Miami because they're on the schedule. Who cares about a nickname.

boomersooner28
9/26/2009, 10:50 AM
It's only a "Big" game if Bob Stoops loses it. If we win, it's not a "Big" game.

Sooner4FCD
9/26/2009, 11:12 AM
Do I think Bob Stoops should beat Miami?

Yes.

birddog
9/26/2009, 11:37 AM
it's miami. this game is HUUUUGE for us. it would give us a lot of respect nationally because if you haven't heard, a jackarse er 2 at espn are thinking miami will play in the mnc.

personally, i think we'll handle em pretty easily.

Best Guys Evar!- 34
Team With 18 Fans-20

jumperstop
9/26/2009, 11:44 AM
I want to win every game, whether it's a "big game" or not.

En_Fuego
9/26/2009, 12:12 PM
Whats funny is when people comment on Bob Stoops and "Big Games". We have played for the MNC 4 times in 10 years.

mightysooner
9/26/2009, 12:14 PM
Yes Bob needs to go win that game. Miami doesn't have stacked talent like he does and this upstart Miami squad IS NOT the return of the Miami of old. They beat a very average Florida State team and a Georgia Tech squad that had no business being in the top 25 playing option football. Today they'll play a Va-Tech squad that has zero offense. Miami needs to be exposed and Bob needs to be the breaking news reporter on the scene.

FSU is currently losing to USF 14-0 at the half. Uhhahahahahaha

Curly Bill
9/26/2009, 12:32 PM
1. I expect the Sooners to win every damn game they play.

2. Sometimes we don't. It happens.

3. The one Bob has been having trouble with is the one at the END of the season. I'd like to see us win one of those.

This ^^^^^^

StoopTroup
9/26/2009, 12:37 PM
we need this game and the Texas game to regain the national recognition we deserve.

What do you all think?

Well....I think we're getting all the recognition we deserve.

We're still in the Top 25.

We're playing a Freshman QB.

We lost to a team we should have beaten easily.

Miami is overrated.

texas sucks but a win against Uthug and texas should have us right in the thick of things regarding the BCS Standings.

If Sam is out for the year...we have a lot of nailbiters ahead of us IMO but I like the way Landry has taken control of the Offense.

Defense is strong...are they the best in the Nation? We'll know next week IMO. A win against Uthug and a blowout at Home against the Bears should have smack and his bunch staining their tighty whiteys by the time we're headed to Dallas.

AzianSooner
9/26/2009, 12:40 PM
He should win another NC to renounce his term.

soonervegas
9/26/2009, 01:11 PM
He needs to win it because it is the next game.

Would a victory and one against Texas put the gameday crew squarely back on his sack? Yes.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/26/2009, 01:23 PM

What do you all think?

I think Wilson won the Frank Broyles award last year didn't he?

And there is no redeeming anything without winning the next bowl game..he could beat miami and if he loses in the post season, beating miami wont mean squat

swardboy
9/26/2009, 02:14 PM
This is the only prescription for success: "One game at a time." It's not sexy but it's true.

That's why we better beat the crap out of BYE.

oksoonerdave
9/26/2009, 03:40 PM
I have a feeling that there will be an Okie Stomp down Phlordia way next saturday. It will not matter whose steering the ship.

StoopTroup
9/26/2009, 03:41 PM
A win in Miami....

Doesn't look like much of a reputation builder....lol