PDA

View Full Version : This Mornings Posts....

StoopTroup
9/26/2009, 06:57 AM
Brought to you by the makers of Starbucks Columbian Coffee (Seattle), Merritt's Bakery Pecan Coffee Cake (Tulsa, OK).

Special Thanks to the makers of Tylox (Ortho-McNeil Labs -Titusville, NJ)

:D

So....how did you start your morning SoonerFans. You have a BYE WEEK!

Let's get going!

Or sleep in...you probably deserve it. :pop:

AlbqSooner
9/26/2009, 07:09 AM
Pinon coffee. Roasted green chili, shredded pork with jack cheese rolled up in a flour tortilla and nuked till the cheese melts. (All from New Mexico).

King Crimson
9/26/2009, 08:50 AM
leftover jalino's pizza (pretty good, but overpriced IMO). lavazzo espresso made as an "americano".

still cross-eyed a little bit from last night's Bulleit bourbons.

OUHOMER
9/26/2009, 08:57 AM
up and had coffee, checked in my on favorite boards, ate a bowl of cheerios, turn on sports center, now thinking about going out and mowing the yard. Plus I have to go mow my father in laws yard.

1890MilesToNorman
9/26/2009, 08:58 AM
Beer baby, go deep with beer!

King Crimson
9/26/2009, 09:07 AM
rocking a little Buddy Holly. oh yeah.

Turd_Ferguson
9/26/2009, 09:23 AM
Some Blue & Gold thick sliced bacon. Buttered white toast. Natty lite. Glass of water.

picasso
9/26/2009, 09:30 AM
grape juice, 3 fried eggs, toast. was going to make my famous french toast but we's outta syrup ( I personally like it with grape jelly).

Just brewed some whole bean Italian roast coffee.

King Crimson
9/26/2009, 09:42 AM
grape juice, 3 fried eggs, toast. was going to make my famous french toast but we's outta syrup ( I personally like it with grape jelly).

Just brewed some whole bean Italian roast coffee.

honey, butter and cinnamon ftw.

Frozen Sooner
9/26/2009, 09:50 AM
syrup ( I personally like it with grape jelly).

[chris rock]:pop: [/chris rock]

Scrambled eggs with chohula sauce, bacon, toast.

Heading down to the Houndstooth in a few to start livin the High Life before kickoff.

F the Piggies.

GottaHavePride
9/26/2009, 10:00 AM
Dammit. I'm out of sausage. Looks like it's gonna be a eggs & toast sort of day. And bacon.

biscuits & gravy will have to wait until tomorrow, after I can get to a store.

King Crimson
9/26/2009, 10:01 AM
[chris rock]:pop: [/chris rock]

Scrambled eggs with chohula sauce, bacon, toast.

Heading down to the Houndstooth in a few to start livin the High Life before kickoff.

F the Piggies.

funny to see you posting in "real america" time. how's school going, g?

Frozen Sooner
9/26/2009, 10:08 AM
I think it's going well. Haven't choked when put on the spot yet, so there's that. Then again, who knows until finals, right?

King Crimson
9/26/2009, 10:15 AM
I think it's going well. Haven't choked when put on the spot yet, so there's that. Then again, who knows until finals, right?

yeah, it's all backloaded at the grad level. put your head down and do the work, is my advice. everything will be fine. good workday habits are key, in my experience. treat it like a job and punch out at the end of the day.

Frozen Sooner
9/26/2009, 10:20 AM
That's what I'm trying to do. One of my classes is only going to meet for two weeks-and it averages 200 pages of econ/finance reading per night. So I've been finishing my regular reading/outlining/etc by about 6 each night then taking a couple of hours to do the reading for that class. So far I've managed to make every class but one (and I was on university business when I missed it picking up a professor who was presenting a paper at the law school) and been prepared for every class. The workday advice is spot-on: treat it like a job. You wouldn't go into a meeting with your boss unprepared unless you're a total dumbass, so don't go to class unprepared.

Thanks for the advice.

King Crimson
9/26/2009, 10:30 AM
when i was in grad school i used do a lot or reading in the CU Law school library or was in the Biz School library for telecom stuff and i saw a lot of people treat it like phase 2 of being in a frat or undergrad revisited. doing the minimum and such.

i dicked off a lot in my "career" but that's just dumb stuff that doesn't pay off.

picasso
9/26/2009, 10:30 AM
I greatly admire folks who go back to school to continue their education. My brother went back for another degree after his divorce.

in another life I'd be out in Manhattan, studying illustration and studio painting.

Now, the real secret to my french toast is to sprinkle the plate with cinnamon and sugar.

Frozen Sooner
9/26/2009, 10:35 AM
I find that mixing the cinnamon in with the beaten egg works well.

Frozen Sooner
9/26/2009, 10:41 AM
when i was in grad school i used do a lot or reading in the CU Law school library or was in the Biz School library for telecom stuff and i saw a lot of people treat it like phase 2 of being in a frat or undergrad revisited. doing the minimum and such.

i dicked off a lot in my "career" but that's just dumb stuff that doesn't pay off.

Here's the way I look at law school right now:

There's 16 weeks to study for finals.

Each week has 7x16=112 hours per week to study assuming you want 8 hours of sleep a night x 16 weeks=1792 hours in which you can conceivably study.

Going out and getting drunk spends 16 of those hours-8 hours at the bar, and 8 hours where your studying is impaired because you have a hangover.

I'm not saying never go out and get drunk, but treat it like the economic decision it is. If you get drunk once per week, that's 16x16=256 fewer hours you have to study for finals. You've just spent 1/7th of your time doing something which doesn't help. Again, not saying it's wrong: you have to blow off steam sometimes. You also have to remember that there's time you'll spend eating, working out, networking, etc that takes away from that budget as well.

My goal is 900 hours this semester either studying or in class. I figure if I hit that number I should do just fine on finals.

Edit: by way of example, I went to the bar on Thursday and spent 8 of my hours getting drunk and singing crappy 80s hair music. I was basically useless studying most of yesterday and ended up studying from about 7pm until 4am to get caught back up. Now I'm spending another 8 hours down at the stadium and maybe having a couple of barley pops. So I'll likely spend a few more hours tonight outlining so I can stay on goal.

King Crimson
9/26/2009, 10:49 AM
my thing was/still is that i don't work from noon on Friday until noon of Sunday-unless it's grading papers or midterms in which case sanity plan is to jsut crank em out. at least they don't have you teaching which was part of my funding. 5 semesters teaching/5 as a research crony for the 10 i was funded. teaching is a colossal time/life eater.

i could be grading right now.

just punch the clock and pass the bar, you're good. you are a smart guy. hell, my dad's stories about law school in the 60's should make you grateful. all day essay exams, not preparation given. shot in the dark know it or don't.....