PDA

View Full Version : thumbing through the LA times

Jello Biafra
9/24/2009, 01:40 PM
also found this story on nigel clay. it's very odd to me the parralells we have had to USC from then until now. i stil think there is a very good chance SC will go down hard fairly soon.

http://articles.latimes.com/1992-02-02/sports/sp-2041_1_nigel-clay

tommieharris91
9/24/2009, 01:44 PM
Note the date on the article.

StoopTroup
9/24/2009, 01:48 PM
Not only that....

Coffee Exposed: A shocking secret coffee co's don't want you to know

WOW!

:D

Jello Biafra
9/24/2009, 01:50 PM
Note the date on the article.

yeh. i noticed the date but what i was talking about was the "recruiter" that contacted OU and was the "care taker" for the players.....similar to reggie bush and mayo....

Sooner04
9/24/2009, 01:52 PM
Big difference: OU took the NCAA to court over the TV rights monopoly of the 70s. USC did not.

Jello Biafra
9/24/2009, 01:53 PM
Big difference: OU took the NCAA to court over the TV rights monopoly of the 70s. USC did not.

but but but....

so did georgia!

why they gotta pick us?

notre dame should be praying to US every footbal season ;)

Jello Biafra
9/24/2009, 02:34 PM
you know, ive kinda half asssed joked about the ncaa out to get us for suing thier dumb azzes but after i have read a few stories on walter byers, im not so sure that didn't actually happen. he doesn't seem like the type to take to getting beat too well...

i did find that:

On another front, there are university coaches and administrators who swear that Byers has it in for them, that he uses the power of his office through the NCAA's investigative and enforcement divisions to settle personal vendettas. Certainly, that would constitute a breach of integrity. But unless there's a John Dean out there in Mission, this charge can never be proved. In fact, Byers' associates, past and present, mention his integrity and dispassion above any other qualities. "It was not a game to see how many notches he could put in his belt," said Warren Brown, the NCAA's first full-time investigator, who worked under Byers from 1966 to '77. "I never heard from any council member that he tried to lobby or influence a penalty or finding." One individual with close ties to NCAA investigations recalled that on one occasion Byers felt that a penalty given to Oklahoma was too light. But the executive director didn't attempt to change it.

to note above: he hired a charles allen wright who was chairman of the comitte on collegiate infractions from 1977 to 1983 who ALSO happened to be a noted university of texas law professor.

hmmm very interesting story if you like conspiracy theories.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1065309/1/index.htm

badger
9/24/2009, 03:01 PM
A lot of dishonesty to cover yourself during a dark time in Oklahoma football. I am happy that we have great people in place in Joe Castiglione, Bob Stoops and David Boren who will not put up with crap from athletes or from the NCAA. I am confident that they have been fair to student athletes in the form of punishments fitting the crime and also in offering forgiveness to those who show they can be educated to be better people than past transgressions may suggest.

...I hope that didn't sound too profound. How bout this? I dig the Stoopster, Joe C and Uncle Dave.