PDA

View Full Version : Roy Finch

BOOMERBRADLEY
9/24/2009, 01:25 PM
I realize that Rivals likes to pull people in with their not so true stories, but is Finch solid? I heard he was going to take visits again.

soonerguild
9/24/2009, 08:47 PM
I was wondering the same thing. Hopefully he is just going with friends or just enjoying the process. FWIW he is listed as a solid verbal on rivals, but who knows when it was updated last.

OU44life
9/25/2009, 09:05 AM
I have to agree with you. He must be enjoying the recruiting process. I believe Finch has a visit set up with Stanford.

He attended Edmond North for a year before heading to FL. and still has friends in Edmond. Recently reported in the Oklahoman(sept. 1st) was this,

Though Finch is in Florida, he is still a North boy. Finch called Huskies coach Jeremy Dombek the other week and still keeps in touch and like everyone else, is excited about this upcoming season.

I think the following was from a newsok article from Sept. 13th

FINCH EXPECTS SOONERS TO REBOUND
Sooner oral commit Roy Finch, a four-star running back from Niceville, Fla., told the recruiting Web site Scout.com that he expects Oklahoma to rebound from the loss to BYU. He said the loss had no effect on his commitment. Finch, at 5-foot-8, 170 pounds, is ranked by Rivals.com as the fourth-best running back in the class of 2010

I sure hope he's enjoying the recruiting process knowing he's solid with OU. He's a nifty little RB! We all enjoyed the last nifty little RB we had! Thanks for the memories Q!

Geronimo12
9/25/2009, 09:05 AM
I live in Fort Walton Beach, Fl which is about a 10 min drive from where Roy is from. I saw a pic of him in the paper with some of his family, and a few of the people in the pic had OU shirts on. I've been to a few of this kids games, and this kid can move!!! We're going to go watch him again tonight because each game is like watching a live highlight reel.

picasso
9/25/2009, 10:20 AM
Thanks for the reports!

OU44life
10/9/2009, 10:59 AM
Good to hear Roy is a SOLID guy;) This is dated today so its as current as it gets.

http://ouinsider.com/news/story.php?article=3690

ROY FINCH, RB, 5’8, 175, 4.4, NICEVILLE, FLORIDA

“Yeah my commitment is still solid. I still keep in touch with Coach (Cale) Gundy and Coach (Bob) Stoops a lot. I try to make sure I just keep in contact with them and communicate with them all the time.”

Sooner04
10/9/2009, 11:45 AM
Are we still recruiting his brother, Sidd?

picasso
10/9/2009, 01:05 PM
Are we still recruiting his brother, Sidd?

Slow pitch?

Big D Sooner
10/22/2009, 07:32 PM
So are we at risk of losing this guy?

SCxxSOONER
10/22/2009, 09:24 PM
Per rivals he's not solid now, but w/ Rivals who can really know

Curly Bill
10/22/2009, 09:47 PM
He must have caught some of our games, prolly thought to himself: why the hell would I want to continually be run up the middle into the back of my OL?

Big D Sooner
11/4/2009, 09:18 PM
I heard he visited Georgia Tech. I'm telling you, I don't feel good about this. I think he will end up decommitting which would be a real shame.

Big D Sooner
11/4/2009, 09:18 PM
Maybe he won't go to Georgia Tech, but it's obvious he isn't sold on OU

OUbasketball4life
11/4/2009, 09:38 PM
I think he said even after he committed that he was going to take some visits with some buddies. I'm not too worried I think (hope) he'll stay committed.

SoonerMavrick25
11/5/2009, 08:59 AM
Hey, We are going to win with him, or without him.. No recruit is do or die for OU.

Mad Dog Madsen
11/5/2009, 04:45 PM
Hey, We are going to win with him, or without him.. No recruit is do or die for OU.

That's not the best pitch with a 5-3 record. But... I get what you're saying. I think this kid is an amazing athlete and you'd be crazy not to want him in the Sooner backfield. We need all the help on offense we can get ya know. IMHO he's just an 18 year old kid enjoying the recruiting process.

SoonerMavrick25
11/6/2009, 09:40 AM
That's not the best pitch with a 5-3 record. But... I get what you're saying. I think this kid is an amazing athlete and you'd be crazy not to want him in the Sooner backfield. We need all the help on offense we can get ya know. IMHO he's just an 18 year old kid enjoying the recruiting process.

5-3 isn't any indication on how this season could have gone. I don't get much into the hoopla of recruiting anyways because they are just 18 year old kids. They are rated by stars that in the grand scheme of things don’t mean jack. Give me a good kid, with a drive and work ethic to get better. IF this kid has it great, bring him on. If he wants to back out and look elsewhere, happy trails. I want kids that know what its like to play at Oklahoma. That’s why this year’s team was setup to be my favorite OU team. The three bona-fide STARS of this team all from the STATE of Oklahoma (you can through in Ryan Broyles too to make it 4) All four grew up here and knows what it means to wear the name on the FRONT of the jersey. I hate how kids now do that stupid hat dance and make it into a spectacle. Just sign the LOI, and become a champion.