PDA

View Full Version : Will bye week help or hurt ?

boomermagic
9/24/2009, 09:06 AM
What's your opinion ? The one thing I do like is it will give Sam time to maybe be ready... I guess another positive is it gives the OL another week to work together and the coaches more time to decide what OL group will be more effective.. I sorta thought we were on a roll and I hope it doesn't effect us in any kind of negative way..

primetime43
9/24/2009, 09:16 AM
As long as its not a 4-5 week bye like getting ready for the bowl game I think we'll be fine.

Aries
9/24/2009, 09:19 AM
Means we don't have to get through a game without Sam, and gives the coaches an extra week to game plan. It should help.

But personally, I'll miss watching a game. I supposed I COULD mow the lawn....

Crucifax Autumn
9/24/2009, 09:20 AM
I'd like to say it will help, but I really don't know. We'll see next week I guess.

sooneron
9/24/2009, 09:33 AM
I think it helps. We are prolly more banged up than Bob lets on(I know , shocker!)
Hopefully, the Oline can get the remaining bugs out and solidify. In other words, the bye week gives me some confidence.

beer4me
9/24/2009, 09:37 AM
I think it helps. We are prolly more banged up than Bob lets on(I know , shocker!)
Hopefully, the Oline can get the remaining bugs out and solidify. In other words, the bye week gives me some confidence.

Gotta go with this ^^^

batonrougesooner
9/24/2009, 09:43 AM
historically we do well coming off a bye week during the season.

Lots of media love out there right now for Miami.

I'm liking how things are shaping up.

CrimsonJim
9/24/2009, 09:48 AM
It gives Sammy and the boys another week to get healed up while Miami gets to go out and get banged up against VaTech, and the coaches will use the extra week to game plan. This isn't the Miami team we played two years ago, and the extra preparation can't do anything but help. I'm really looking forward to seeing this game.

olevetonahill
9/24/2009, 09:53 AM
Helps

redhawk49
9/24/2009, 09:58 AM
One good thing is we will not lose to B.Y.E.!

Crucifax Autumn
9/24/2009, 10:00 AM
Thinking it over again it really doesn't make any difference at all. We'l kick their asses regardless of bye week or not.

Jello Biafra
9/24/2009, 10:01 AM
ANY time to get more snaps in under center will do nothing but help this offense gel. this offense (Gelatigenous) + this years defense = devastatingly dominant

boomermagic
9/24/2009, 10:26 AM
Thinking it over again it really doesn't make any difference at all. We'l kick their asses regardless of bye week or not.

Actually, I think your right...:D

Blues1
9/24/2009, 10:47 AM
I think it will help us ~~~ Hopefully one top ten team will lose this Saturday and we move up a couple spots without doing anything ---- :) - But We do want "THE U" to Win --- Plus we will get more information on how to stop them --- JMHO ~ Looks like a Win - Win having a bye week....~!

Still R'

Crucifax Autumn
9/24/2009, 10:48 AM
Seems that way to me too, but being a cocky fan is just more fun!

kustang619
9/24/2009, 10:57 AM
I think that this is a great week for our Bye. I really am not so focused on whether Sam or Landry will start at QB. I am focusing on our D. I think that the extra week will really help our defense scheme and come up with a plan for shutting down Harris and Miami.

goingoneight
9/24/2009, 11:02 AM
I like the article today about all of OUr players having watched Miami's games so far. That kinds focus speaks volumes for the committment of this young team.

meoveryouxinfinity
9/24/2009, 11:04 AM
I heard that the boys only practiced sun-wed of this week. They have thurs-sun off.

Collier11
9/24/2009, 11:10 AM
^^^ Good, early mental break is always good as long as they come back focused

LawtonBoy74
9/24/2009, 11:27 AM
Its a good thing, but I just hope the players stay out of trouble..Thats always a concern for coaches when their players get time off

adoniijahsooner
9/24/2009, 11:46 AM
The last time we played a hot shot up and comer after a bye week, this was the headline....

Sooners Rip No. 2 Texas Tech 65-21

BoulderSooner79
9/24/2009, 11:59 AM
Its a good thing, but I just hope the players stay out of trouble..Thats always a concern for coaches when their players get time off

What kind of trouble could a group of 18-22 year old boys possibly get into? :eek:

texas bandman
9/24/2009, 12:02 PM
It gives Sammy and the boys another week to get healed up while Miami gets to go out and get banged up against VaTech, and the coaches will use the extra week to game plan. This isn't the Miami team we played two years ago, and the extra preparation can't do anything but help. I'm really looking forward to seeing this game.

I just hope it's not like the Miami teams we played in the '80's. :eek: :D

w0lfe
9/24/2009, 12:03 PM
It will help. Anyone banged up, maybe like Murray and his shoulder, it gives them an extra week to heal up. We also have an extra week to prepare for miami and we get to direct all our attention to the V-Tech game, opposed to worrying about the one we would normally play that day.

JLEW1818
9/24/2009, 12:41 PM
Bye week, helps for sure

We get 2 weeks to prepare for Miami

they only get 1 to prepare for us

does anybody have stats on Stoops, when giving 2 weeks to prepare for a team? Excluding bowl games?

CK Sooner
9/24/2009, 01:10 PM
I heard that the boys only practiced sun-wed of this week. They have thurs-sun off.

Your right.

gaylordfan1
9/24/2009, 01:25 PM
The bye will def help. I expect to see Bradford suited up but will not see the field unless ALL the QBs get hurt. He will be back for Baylor to give him some confidence and to throw out the kinks. Coach Wilson needs to divise a offensive gameplan centered around doing whatever it takes to win. I already think Coach V is going to do something with this D that will make The U choke! The good thing is Miami can't hold back this week with VT, they have to lay down the cards and show everyone what they have up their sleeves. +++ We will know more about them that they do us+++

mightysooner
9/24/2009, 04:49 PM
Not so sure I like the bye week right now. Our offense is finding just now it's rythm as is the O-line gelling. I'd like another game to boost Landry's confidence even further before we go on the road at Miami but that's just my opinion.

MyT Oklahoma
9/24/2009, 07:10 PM
I dunno but it's too late because it's already happening.