PDA

View Full Version : Dear Wife,

sooneron
9/23/2009, 11:46 AM
I know you like to call me to tell me you're leaving work and all. On days when you know that I am working from home, can we please keep this call to a minimum? I know you want to catch up and go over what we each did this day, but we are going to see each other in FIFTEEN MINUTES! We can discuss what's for dinner, if you want me to boil water. However, I don't want a one sided debate about the healthiness of what the options are for us and the kid. And please don't bitch about my cell phone minutes when you call me on my cell.

TIA,

husband

1890MilesToNorman
9/23/2009, 11:48 AM
Email is a great tool if you can get her trained! :D:D

sooneron
9/23/2009, 12:13 PM
It's BOTH.

OKLA21FAN
9/23/2009, 12:14 PM
have your 'home' administrative assistant answer your phone. :pop:

StoopTroup
9/23/2009, 12:21 PM
Crack dat Beyotch with a frying pan Ron!

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41GGKakX0DL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

badger
9/23/2009, 12:32 PM
Dear Husband,

I heart you.

Love,
~Wife

Pricetag
9/23/2009, 12:45 PM
This is an issue between my wife and I. To me, a cell phone is a device used when communication just can't wait. To my wife, it is a device used to communicate as if you were in the same room. This results in a lot of silence from my end of the phone, since there's just no good way to tell your wife that you don't feel like talking on the phone, that you really don't like talking on the phone, period.

My Opinion Matters
9/23/2009, 01:13 PM
Tell her you're taking a dump. Works every time.

OUDoc
9/23/2009, 01:17 PM
This results in a lot of silence from my end of the phone, since there's just no good way to tell your wife that you don't feel like talking on the phone, that you really don't like talking on the phone, period.

I thought this was how happy marriages happened. :confused:

Oldnslo
9/23/2009, 01:44 PM
I thought this was how happy marriages happened. :confused:

My wife's memory sucks.

I have not-so-good hearing.

That's how happy marriages happen.

Pogue Mahone
9/23/2009, 02:08 PM
I cut the silly calls in half by not answering until the fifth ring every time.

Apparently, it's not that great to talk about Trader Joe's cheese or
traffic trouble if you have to wait an extra 30 seconds to do it.

Jacie
9/23/2009, 08:18 PM
Me & the wifey keep AIM on, me at home and her at work. If either of us have something to say we just type it in and send it. AIM works well if the message doesn't require immediate response and results in fewer calls to my wife while she's at the office. And we decide on dinner over AIM daily.

yermom
9/23/2009, 10:21 PM
yes, AIM is good

SMS as well...

the dump idea is a good one :D