9/22/2009, 11:42 PM
That man is going to blow a gasket.

That is all.

:D

IBTB

PhilTLL
9/23/2009, 12:59 AM
Top Chef > Hell's Kitchen

Yes, but Hell's Kitchen is Gordon's 3rd-best show by a bunch. 4th, if you count the American Kitchen Nightmares separately. Which itself is nowhere near as good as the original.

Sooner_Havok
9/23/2009, 08:06 AM
IBTB

heh

hellogoodbye
9/23/2009, 08:18 AM
I thought that as well last night. Is that show about a chef competition, or is it about his emotional breakdown?

Thats a lot of emotion for a fake kitchen in a fake restaurant...

Mjcpr
9/23/2009, 08:24 AM
There is a lot of fake bitching by the fake customers about their delayed free meal too.

StoopTroup
9/23/2009, 09:19 AM
Martha Stewart's Tuna Surprise will RYFO!

GottaHavePride
9/23/2009, 09:33 AM
Yes, but Hell's Kitchen is Gordon's 3rd-best show by a bunch. 4th, if you count the American Kitchen Nightmares separately. Which itself is nowhere near as good as the original.

Bingo. I really dig The F Word.

I would drink a lot of beer with Gordon Ramsay.

Turd_Ferguson
9/23/2009, 09:51 AM
Never had an umm..man crush, but if I were to have one, it would be with Gordon.

Oh, and I ain't nobody's bitch!

Turd_Ferguson
9/23/2009, 09:51 AM
Martha Stewart's Tuna Surprise will RYFO!**** Martha!

Bourbon St Sooner
9/23/2009, 09:58 AM
I thought that as well last night. Is that show about a chef competition, or is it about his emotional breakdown?

Thats a lot of emotion for a fake kitchen in a fake restaurant...

That show's on Fox right? Dude, that's like asking if people watch the Jerry Springer show for the fake fights or for Jerry's insightful commentary at the end.

Fraggle145
9/23/2009, 10:00 AM
Bingo. I really dig The F Word.

I would drink a lot of beer with Gordon Ramsay.

This.

1890MilesToNorman
9/23/2009, 10:08 AM
And they get to say bitch on his show but not here?

1890MilesToNorman
9/23/2009, 10:09 AM
Well looky there. :D

badger
9/23/2009, 11:20 AM
I love Hell's Kitchen, but this year's group does not have any standouts. NP speculated that the big guy they brought back from last season (who had heart problems, imagine that) was a ringer, but turned out to just be arrogant and unimproved from last season.
Each season, there's always a clear-cut standout by this time in the season. The one-hand wonder might fit that role if it weren't for the fact that his hand is still giving him issues. If he's forced to drop out, who will take his place, bald guy or black chick?

picasso
9/23/2009, 12:41 PM
I love Hell's Kitchen, but this year's group does not have any standouts. NP speculated that the big guy they brought back from last season (who had heart problems, imagine that) was a ringer, but turned out to just be arrogant and unimproved from last season.
Each season, there's always a clear-cut standout by this time in the season. The one-hand wonder might fit that role if it weren't for the fact that his hand is still giving him issues. If he's forced to drop out, who will take his place, bald guy or black chick?

They never have any standouts. They are chain smoking uncooth f-word poppin classless folk who I would in no way shape or form want to watch prepare a meal for me.

Contrast that with the people on Top Chef who actually know how to cook.

I know it's a game but these people are slimy. It makes me weep for the future.

NormanPride
9/23/2009, 12:47 PM
Top Chef is a completely different show. For one, they get people that are already near the top of their craft. Two, it's a show about individual achievement rather than teamwork and consistent performance. Three, it's on Bravo and not Fox, which says a lot about the editing that the producers do to cast the show a certain way.

I loves me some Top Chef, but I think Hell's Kitchen has some talent as well. It's harder than people think...

badger
9/23/2009, 12:51 PM
^^^NP's and my discussion last nite ^^^

Top Chef contestants prepare two courses during a show... two single courses. I'm sure that if the Hell's Kitchen contestants had a few minutes to go out and shop for the best ingredients and have a few hours to cook the single course they would look a little bit more competent than they do with an angry Brit screaming the f-bomb at them.

Plus, the punishments... prepping an entire kitchen for dinner service, washing dishes and polishing crystal glasses... eating leftover parts of the animal... ugggggggh.

picasso
9/23/2009, 12:53 PM
Top Chef is a completely different show. For one, they get people that are already near the top of their craft. Two, it's a show about individual achievement rather than teamwork and consistent performance. Three, it's on Bravo and not Fox, which says a lot about the editing that the producers do to cast the show a certain way.

I loves me some Top Chef, but I think Hell's Kitchen has some talent as well. It's harder than people think...

I agree with that and well yeah, it's hard. There's a belligerent limey who looks like the punk on Little Rascals yelling in your face the entire time.
Yes, there are some folks who can cook and many of them are already accomplished. They aren't all newcomers.

Don't get me wrong, we watch Hell's Kitchen but they are a sad lot. I normally root for the one that's the least arrogant. Which makes it difficult.:D

SoonerKnight
9/23/2009, 08:21 PM
love the show!!! Kitchen Nightmares is great too! British version rocks and the American version well.....

walkoffsooner
9/23/2009, 08:31 PM
Black chick is pretty funny.

SoonerKnight
9/23/2009, 08:32 PM
too loud!

Turd_Ferguson
9/23/2009, 09:04 PM
Black chick is pretty funny.Her voice is like Patty LaBelles finger nails across a chalk board.

Mixer!
9/24/2009, 12:03 AM
RIP critical_phil.

OUDoc
9/24/2009, 08:11 AM
RIP critical_phil.
:D