PDA

View Full Version : I see alot of praise for Landry, but nothing for the O-line. What gives?

adoniijahsooner
9/22/2009, 08:45 AM
The offensive line played the worst possible game against BYU; but they are rapidly improving week to week. Some of Landry's throws, he sat in the pocket for an eternity, and the backs are averaging a pretty big clip per rush. Do you believe that if you get too excited they will fail you in the next game? Or is it the quality of the opponents that temper your enthusiasm?

meoveryouxinfinity
9/22/2009, 08:47 AM
I think both judgments should be reserved for Miami.

Except that Landry Jones just set an OU record.

badger
9/22/2009, 08:57 AM
As you create this thread, another flag is being dropped for a false start or holding :(

NormanPride
9/22/2009, 08:59 AM
We get no push up the middle, and that's because of execution. Habern needs to play better if we're going to get any real push up the middle. It's the reason why our goal line runs have been so atrocious...

The Ghost of Mex
9/22/2009, 09:01 AM
Or is it the quality of the opponents that temper your enthusiasm?

Bingo.

adoniijahsooner
9/22/2009, 09:06 AM
We get no push up the middle, and that's because of execution. Habern needs to play better if we're going to get any real push up the middle. It's the reason why our goal line runs have been so atrocious...

Yeah, I see how that can become a problem when we face teams with more speed like Miami, but I really believe that the last two teams were loading up on us, and begging Landry to throw for a school record. I think they will show up in Miami, or at least I hope they will.

badger
9/22/2009, 09:09 AM
Easy opponents or not, I think with more time working together (and developing a new center after the other moves back to tight end, heh) will help tremendously. This might be one of those situations where more time to prepare for an opponent is actually a good thing for OU! :D

BoulderSooner79
9/22/2009, 09:41 AM
I think it is the nature of the game. If the O=line is visible, it usually means bad things. They get their cred after a bunch of games when folks notice the QB has a clean jersey and the RBs have high yards per carry numbers. But they certainly cut down on false starts which can happen against any opponent, so that's a good thing.

Jello Biafra
9/22/2009, 09:51 AM
I think it is the nature of the game. If the O=line is visible, it usually means bad things. They get their cred after a bunch of games when folks notice the QB has a clean jersey and the RBs have high yards per carry numbers. But they certainly cut down on false starts which can happen against any opponent, so that's a good thing.

bingo...i always hated game film after a loss. not that i was anything but teh awesome in highschool ;)

FWIW guys, teams that we are playing right now are not sure that landry is the real deal point blank and they are loading the box and sending pressure at him from all kinds of different angles and looks. so, it stands to reason we are not getting much yardage from the ground. as he moves on with his career. teams will have to respect his ability under center and will start having to guard against the pass.

Jello Biafra
9/22/2009, 09:52 AM
Easy opponents or not, I think with more time working together (and developing a new center after the other moves back to tight end, heh) will help tremendously. This might be one of those situations where more time to prepare for an opponent is actually a good thing for OU! :D

howd them fromundah cheese heads do this week? ;)

badger
9/22/2009, 10:25 AM
howd them fromundah cheese heads do this week? ;)

How'd the 10th-most accurate kicker in NFL history playing for the Steelers do this week?

That's right, I'm bedowngradin' your "win." :D

Jello Biafra
9/22/2009, 10:29 AM
How'd the 10th-most accurate kicker in NFL history playing for the Steelers do this week?

That's right, I'm bedowngradin' your "win." :D

im not going to argue that win because i know we got lucky for them to miss it twice BUT just hearing traber melt down this weak is classic. his world champion steelmen got beat by lowely chicago....

w0lfe
9/22/2009, 10:40 AM
Miami is going to blitz like crazy. I guarantee that

Jello Biafra
9/22/2009, 10:46 AM

i hope they do. and when we rip them apart, they will have no choice but to settle down and start repsecting the passing game. at least i hope.

badger
9/22/2009, 10:53 AM
lowely chicago....

I do not dispute that you are lowly... or lowely :D

adoniijahsooner
9/22/2009, 11:28 AM

Yeah, but I think we come with something to counter the blitz; one being screen passes to Murray and Broyles will equalize all of that blitzing.

Gresho Murford
9/22/2009, 11:29 AM
Yeah, but I think we come with something to counter the blitz; one being screen passes to Murray and Broyles will equalize all of that blitzing.

Shovel Pass!

madillsoonerfan5353
9/22/2009, 06:33 PM
Shovel Pass!

Good call haven't seen one of those in FOREVER!!!

SoonerShay
9/22/2009, 06:44 PM
Good call haven't seen one of those in FOREVER!!!

You must of missed the Ttech game from......last year.

I Am Right
9/22/2009, 07:27 PM
O-line sucks, Landry has been having his mustache knocked off on several plays.

Zbird
9/22/2009, 08:05 PM
The offensive line played the worst possible game against BYU; but they are rapidly improving week to week. Some of Landry's throws, he sat in the pocket for an eternity, and the backs are averaging a pretty big clip per rush. Do you believe that if you get too excited they will fail you in the next game? Or is it the quality of the opponents that temper your enthusiasm?

Don't say clip and rush in the same sentence.
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/icons/icon8.gif

engineer24
9/23/2009, 05:34 PM

I dont agree. Miami under Randy Shannon is more of a man to man cover 2 defense. They actually blitz less often than most other teams.

PLaw
9/23/2009, 08:59 PM
the jury for the OL will come in at about 6:30 pm on 10/17 - and I'm praying for a good verdict.

BOOMER

LawtonBoy74
9/23/2009, 11:27 PM
Me too

SOONER