PDA

View Full Version : "Pistols Firing"...

Soonerus
9/21/2009, 08:25 PM
is absolutely one of the dumbest things I have ever heard in my life...

bluedogok
9/21/2009, 08:28 PM
Hook'em and Gig'em are probably up there as well

Soonerus
9/21/2009, 08:32 PM
But their inane announcer yells "Pistols Firing" every time they score a TD....weird...

En_Fuego
9/21/2009, 08:38 PM
lmao

OKLA21FAN
9/21/2009, 08:49 PM
But their inane announcer yells "Pistols Firing" every time they score a TD....weird...

not weird = Jiiiiiiimiiinnnyyyyyyy Christmas!!!!!! :pop:

Soonerus
9/21/2009, 08:50 PM
not weird = Jiiiiiiimiiinnnyyyyyyy Christmas!!!!!! :pop:

much worse and ackward...

Stitch Face
9/21/2009, 09:52 PM
What kills me is how he also uses all sorts of other pistol-packing old west metaphors while calling the game, as though OSU is known for badass outlaw gunman awesomeness instead of the mundane suckery it really is.

Flying Scotsman
9/21/2009, 10:07 PM
Where are these " badass outlaw gunman" you speakth of?

Mixer!
9/21/2009, 10:14 PM
Hey! I'll have you know they paid TOP money to steal that from Texas Tech!! [hairGel]

Stitch Face
9/21/2009, 10:17 PM
Where are these " badass outlaw gunman" you speakth of?

Like when an opposing ball carrier is tackled and the d-bag announcer says he was "gunned down at the twenty yard line." Give me an effin' break.

badger
9/22/2009, 07:35 AM
Are we debating what the stupidest thing our conference rivals say is? I think I can end this thread with this:
http://media.collegepublisher.com/media/paper657/stills/3344t8vk.gif
:D

CrimsonJim
9/22/2009, 07:39 AM
Winnar!!

85sooners
9/22/2009, 08:24 AM
:D

kbsooner21
9/22/2009, 08:56 AM
I can't stand the stupid waving wheat sh*t either :mad:

OUDoc
9/22/2009, 09:31 AM
You guys pay too much attention to Boone State football.

stoopified
9/22/2009, 10:40 AM
You guys pay too much attention to Boone State football.Maybe they are trapped in Aggy hell like I used to be.I lived in Ponca City for many years(until 8 months ago) and there are almost as many ags in PC as Sooners.It made the Blake and Scnelly debacle a literal football hell.That also acounts in large part in my shift in attitude toward the PUKES from indifference to utter loathing.

If there more than a half-dozen T.Boone State fans here in Moore they must maintain a really low profile.

OUDoc
9/22/2009, 01:09 PM
If there more than a half-dozen T.Boone State fans here in Moore they must maintain a really low profile.
They stick to the outskirts of bigger cities, where the enforcement of bestiality laws are more lax.

Pistols firing.

kbsooner21
9/22/2009, 01:12 PM
You guys pay too much attention to Boone State football.

My somehow related to me sister has always tried to be different. Only one in our family that is Sheep humper fan. I get pistols firing or wave that wheat texted to me everytime those bastards score a td:mad: :rolleyes: :O

SwitzerFan
9/22/2009, 01:12 PM
Maybe they are trapped in Aggy hell like I used to be.I lived in Ponca City for many years(until 8 months ago) and there are almost as many ags in PC as Sooners.It made the Blake and Scnelly debacle a literal football hell.That also acounts in large part in my shift in attitude toward the PUKES from indifference to utter loathing.

Agreed! I grew up 30 minutes from Norman and I didn't have to deal with this until I moved to the Tulsa area. My poor kids have to deal with this orange crap everyday. When they enter into their gym at school, they have to look at a life sized pistol pete and orange stickers everywhere. Even the PE coach's office is painted puke colors. Just even more of a reason to bring them up right and teach them that these things are against OUr religion.

cheezyq
9/22/2009, 02:51 PM
Maybe they are trapped in Aggy hell like I used to be.I lived in Ponca City for many years(until 8 months ago) and there are almost as many ags in PC as Sooners.It made the Blake and Scnelly debacle a literal football hell.That also acounts in large part in my shift in attitude toward the PUKES from indifference to utter loathing.

My family are all Sooner fans and live in PC. The Sooner hate from the Pokes there is downright creepy. It's almost a cult.

Jello Biafra
9/22/2009, 03:09 PM
is absolutely one of the dumbest things I have ever heard in my life...

let them "get them some"

they have 108 seasons of football and 13 of those 108 seasons they scored less than 50 points FOR THE SEASON...
furthermore, they have only scored 850 or so points more than they have given up in those 108 seasons.
plus, tulsa businessmen have perma scoreboard on them.

let them have thier marketing schemes to sell out stadiums and have stupid shiite catch phrases like this if thats helps them sleep at night.

Jello Biafra
9/22/2009, 03:19 PM
to drive the point home....

they have LOST 15 more games than they have actually won...
to put this in perspective, baylor has lost 2 more games than they have won.

jdsooner
9/23/2009, 01:40 AM
I lived in Ponca and had my Sooner flag destroyed and my house vandalized after we lost the Big 12 Championship Game to Kansas State. I used to cheer for osu, but no more.

And back to the original post--Goodnight Vienna doesn't make sense either.

MamaMia
9/23/2009, 03:42 AM
Agreed! I grew up 30 minutes from Norman and I didn't have to deal with this until I moved to the Tulsa area. My poor kids have to deal with this orange crap everyday. When they enter into their gym at school, they have to look at a life sized pistol pete and orange stickers everywhere. Even the PE coach's office is painted puke colors. Just even more of a reason to bring them up right and teach them that these things are against OUr religion.
Oh my Gawd! Cant you change school districts? :confused:

Crucifax Autumn
9/23/2009, 03:58 AM
File a complaint on religious grounds.

StupidSooner
9/23/2009, 06:33 AM
How terribly agricultural of them.

Taxman71
9/23/2009, 12:54 PM
26 posts and no "Holy Guacamole" reference? If you can make it through 5 minutes of an aggy radio broadcast without running off the road, you deserve a prize.

Personally, I like his emphasis on PAT's that rivals only Martin Grammatica..."snap, hold, kick, through the uprights, it's good...PISTOLS FIRING"

w0lfe
9/23/2009, 12:58 PM
26 posts and no "Holy Guacamole" reference? If you can make it through 5 minutes of an aggy radio broadcast without running off the road, you deserve a prize.

Personally, I like his emphasis on PAT's that rivals only Martin Grammatica..."snap, hold, kick, through the uprights, it's good...PISTOLS FIRING"
The guacomole is pretty bad. Also heard him say, "Rumbling and Bumbling for another... COWBOY FIRST DOWN"

StoopTroup
9/23/2009, 01:08 PM
T. Boone has been practicing....

Tl_oWZqNzj8

I Am Right
9/23/2009, 03:57 PM
Stoolwater

anticipation
9/23/2009, 05:10 PM
Like when an opposing ball carrier is tackled and the d-bag announcer says he was "gunned down at the twenty yard line." Give me an effin' break.

O god i heard that on the radio one time and was crying i was laughing so hard. It's just so stupid.

silverwheels
9/23/2009, 05:45 PM
Hunziker is terrible. His voice is annoyingly high-pitched and the things he says, like "pistols firing!" are so stupid. He's only surpassed in lameness by their "Cowboys 4Ever" song. Makes me appreciate BBS a little more.

JLB
9/23/2009, 08:25 PM
"Pistols Firing",sounds like a cowboy circle jerk.

goingoneight
9/23/2009, 10:45 PM
The only thing gheyer than "Cowboys Forever" was the person who thought it cool to go all John Mayer on it. Next year's uber-brilliant idea: "Let's do a fight song and have a Kenny G/Michael Bolton touch to it!"