PDA

View Full Version : Bradford Practicing.

meoveryouxinfinity
9/21/2009, 07:42 PM
http://newsok.com/sam-bradford-returns-to-practice-for-sooners/article/3402930?custom_click=headlines_widget

OU slot receiver Ryan Broyles said Bradford did not throw full extension. He said Bradford threw 5- to 10-yard passes.

Very promising.

LawtonBoy74
9/21/2009, 07:45 PM
I think L.Jones just made Sam's shoulder feel a whole lot better lol

meoveryouxinfinity
9/21/2009, 07:48 PM
The reports on whether or not Sam will play vs. Miami are still conflicting.

My guess is the coaches are playing with Miami's heads and Sam will start. He still has 12 days of practice left. Next Saturday is 12 days away. 16 days have passed since the BYU game.

kbsooner
9/21/2009, 07:59 PM
Family history shows he can do it...

http://www.okcfriday.com/clients/okcfriday/12-17-2008-3-14-50-PM-3664910.jpg

Heisman 'Stache!!!

meoveryouxinfinity
9/21/2009, 08:03 PM
Family history shows he can do it...

http://www.okcfriday.com/clients/okcfriday/12-17-2008-3-14-50-PM-3664910.jpg

Heisman 'Stache!!!

Landry is Mr. Bradford's love child??

kbsooner
9/21/2009, 08:11 PM
http://www.americanmustacheinstitute.org/images/stache_styles/walrus.png

The Walrus commands more authority, the king of the mustache!

josh09
9/21/2009, 08:29 PM
Sam comes back and throws 7 TD's against Miami, laughing in Stache's face. :D

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
9/21/2009, 09:16 PM
No one laughs 'at' the stache. Only with.

Hot Rod
9/21/2009, 09:19 PM
I think Tebow flew in to yell at Sam's shoulder to feel a whole lot better lol

:rolleyes:

soonervegas
9/21/2009, 09:19 PM
Sounds like he really wants to be on the field in two weeks.

85sooners
9/21/2009, 09:28 PM
:pop:

sooneron
9/21/2009, 09:33 PM
Mack just had a "warm" feeling in his underoos.

Crucifax Autumn
9/21/2009, 09:37 PM
Good news as long as he doesn't push it.

Stitch Face
9/21/2009, 09:44 PM
Landry against Miami, Sam for Texas.

btk108
9/21/2009, 10:34 PM
Don't dis the stache.....that boy's proved he's got the cajones' to step up

sooner94
9/21/2009, 10:40 PM
Landry against Miami, Sam for Texas.

Dude, what about the Baylor game?

No...seriously. What about the Baylor game?

Octavian
9/21/2009, 10:43 PM
If Sam does start for Miami, he'll need to have a couple days of practice before 10/3 -- making the throws he needs to make sometime by mid-week next week. Don't know if it sounds like that's gonna happen.

Bright side is Landry will do fine if he's given some protection and all the other cogs in the wheel can hang onto the ball when it arrives.

Especially if we don't have Sam....KW needs to really earn his paycheck. We need an excellent offensive gameplan.

Stitch Face
9/21/2009, 10:44 PM

Tradin' snaps.

o0Dan0o
9/21/2009, 10:55 PM
If Bradford plays against Texas I want him to have at least one game in before then, so at least Baylor.

The coaches may want Landry in for the Miami game, simply because Bradford may have some rust on the hinges, but I bet he suits up to keep Miami guessing.

My prediction, we hear about Bradford throwing more this week, practicing next with a blue jersey on. Landry plays for Miami, Bradford takes over starting after Miami.
Dan

gaylordfan1
9/21/2009, 10:57 PM
If Bradford plays against Texas I want him to have at least one game in before then, so at least Baylor.

The coaches may want Landry in for the Miami game, simply because Bradford may have some rust on the hinges, but I bet he suits up to keep Miami guessing.

My prediction, we hear about Bradford throwing more this week, practicing next with a blue jersey on. Landry plays for Miami, Bradford takes over starting after Miami.
Dan

agreed

LawtonBoy74
9/21/2009, 11:05 PM
Double Agreed

SoonerLB
9/21/2009, 11:06 PM
Mack just had a "warm" feeling in his underoos.

With the knowledge that we have 2 very good and healthy QB's, Mack likely has 2 warm sensations in his underoos! :D

picasso
9/21/2009, 11:07 PM
I'd feel better with Sam at the controls in Miami. It's a road game against a hot team. It's not Tulsa at home.

JLEW1818
9/21/2009, 11:12 PM
I'm still saying Jones starts the game

just a feeling

Sooner4FCD
9/21/2009, 11:21 PM
If Sam is up to say 75% for the Miami game, suit him up, but give Landry the start and leave him in unless he really gets into trouble, IMO.

Give the reigns back to Sam for Baylor.

JLEW1818
9/21/2009, 11:25 PM
If Sam is up to say 75% for the Miami game, suit him up, but give Landry the start and leave him in unless he really gets into trouble, IMO.

Give the reigns back to Sam for Baylor.

agree

The Ghost of Mex
9/21/2009, 11:27 PM
[QUOTE=meoveryouxinfinity;2711466]http://newsok.com/sam-bradford-returns-to-practice-for-sooners/article/3402930?custom_click=headlines_widget

Monday: 5-10 yard passes

Tuesday: 10-25 yard passes

Wednesday: 25-50 yard passes

Thursday: 75-100 yard passes

Friday: over dem dear mountains.

Octavian
9/22/2009, 12:33 AM
I'd feel better with Sam at the controls in Miami. It's a road game against a hot team. It's not Tulsa at home.

+1......sure that's the universal opinion.

but I actually tend to agree with the coaches' coach-speak on this one: yes, of course we'd rather have Sam but even in the second half of BYU the main problem wasn't Jones.

If the rest of the O had played vs. Tulsa like they did vs. BYU....we sure wouldn't have beat TU 45-0. In the last few weeks, we've rotated guys around and generally settled down.

The key to Miami is LJ's supporting cast not melting down around him in a slew of penalties, missed blocks, fumbles, and dropped passes. He's of course not Sam but he's good enough to get us a W (I hope).

Widescreen
9/22/2009, 01:15 AM

If Landry's in trouble, it's probably because he's getting massive pressure. Is that what we want Sam to jump into with a bum shoulder?

adoniijahsooner
9/22/2009, 06:40 AM
A qb's best friend is a running game; so no matter who plays we need to run the ball; and we don't have to have a bunch of yards doing it either, because the number of carries is what translates to victory not the amount of yards. Kevin Wilson must keep running the ball no matter what happens, 10-20 carries will not get it done, but if we run the ball 35-40 times we win.

w0lfe
9/22/2009, 07:59 AM
A qb's best friend is a running game; so no matter who plays we need to run the ball; and we don't have to have a bunch of yards doing it either, because the number of carries is what translates to victory not the amount of yards. Kevin Wilson must keep running the ball no matter what happens, 10-20 carries will not get it done, but if we run the ball 35-40 times we win.
That means giving Murray the ball on first and ten and not Brown

85sooners
9/22/2009, 08:22 AM

;)

tigepilot
9/22/2009, 08:39 AM
He's of course not Sam but he's good enough to get us a W (I hope).

I feel pretty confident that Landry is good enough to win at Miami. It's the supporting cast that worries me. I'm kinda in the mindset that I'd rather see Sam not push it. I want Sam back, but it's not a emergency situation. Just take it easy and make sure Sam is healthy for Texas.

OUrules
9/22/2009, 09:48 AM
Whatever happens we MUST beat the hated Canes.....puts us right back in the thick of things especially if they beat VT..

picasso
9/22/2009, 09:59 AM

Brown had more carries in the first half which should be against the law.

w0lfe
9/22/2009, 10:19 AM
how about the coaches keep their mouths shut now and dont announce if he is ready to play, that way miami will have to study both qb's

w0lfe
9/22/2009, 10:20 AM
Brown had more carries in the first half which should be against the law.
Yeah i have been screaming fits at stuff like this. No question who is playing better and who is the playmaker

Widescreen
9/22/2009, 10:36 AM
how about the coaches keep their mouths shut now and dont announce if he is ready to play, that way miami will have to study both qb's

I've heard other people make that point. But our offense doesn't operate differently with Sam and Landry other than we probably don't run as many different plays with Landry. I think they'll have to prepare basically the same. It would be different if we had a pocket passer QB and an option QB.

meoveryouxinfinity
9/22/2009, 10:55 AM
Yeah i have been screaming fits at stuff like this. No question who is playing better and who is the playmaker

apparently people (many) disagree.

goingoneight
9/22/2009, 10:56 AM
Jonathon Miller has really impressed me. He looks kinda like an Allen Patrick kinda guy in that he hits the hole quickly and runs well through traffic. Obviously the coaches know more than us, but I'd say with more oppurtunities he's been more impressive than Calhoun and Madu so far.

w0lfe
9/22/2009, 11:14 AM
apparently people (many) disagree.
I dont understand how

w0lfe
9/22/2009, 11:16 AM
Jonathon Miller has really impressed me. He looks kinda like an Allen Patrick kinda guy in that he hits the hole quickly and runs well through traffic. Obviously the coaches know more than us, but I'd say with more oppurtunities he's been more impressive than Calhoun and Madu so far.

I agree, miller has looked good. Calhoun will be a very good back though once its his turn to shine. I wonder how their hands on, i love running rb's out to catch some passes

Sooner4FCD
9/22/2009, 11:16 AM
If Landry's in trouble, it's probably because he's getting massive pressure. Is that what we want Sam to jump into with a bum shoulder?

If that's the case, then don't bring Sam in at all.

I'd rather lose the Miami game than re-injure his shoulder. The chances of a national championship are very slim, but there's no reason to think we can't with the Big 12 with a healthy Bradford

w0lfe
9/22/2009, 11:20 AM
I've heard other people make that point. But our offense doesn't operate differently with Sam and Landry other than we probably don't run as many different plays with Landry. I think they'll have to prepare basically the same. It would be different if we had a pocket passer QB and an option QB.
Well it depends. THey wont neccesarily look at how the offense changes. They will study more individual stuff such as, if there is a blitz, is he most likely to scramble (to his left, up the middle, to his right), if no one is open, will he throw it away or scramble. But their coaches go alot more in depth than that. Its amazing what kind of stuff they can study about ya. And on an individual level, they are too totally different QB's

adoniijahsooner
9/22/2009, 11:24 AM

i think Brown did himself an injustice when he decided he wanted to get smaller and faster. I really hate when people are good at what they do and then try to turn themselves into something else; that would be like Adrian looking at Reggie Bush and trying to emulate his game, Im like "but your Adrian Peterson dammit!!"

BoulderSooner79
9/22/2009, 11:32 AM

Miller has looked very good and seems to have that knack of cutting that right way and a little wiggle to make people miss. Calhoun hasn't shown that vision thing yet, but some backs need more reps to get going. Calhoun does have that lean/power thing going. By "lean", I mean he leans into the tackler and takes him downfield 2-3 yards. He appears to have brutish power and I see him being a nightmare for a tired defense in the 4th quarter the next couple of years.

Partial Qualifier
9/22/2009, 11:44 AM
I wonder how much we can really read into Sam's "throwing" a few 5 or 10 yard passes. If that's all he's doing, my guess is the shoulder must still sting quite a bit.

oksoonerdave
9/22/2009, 11:50 AM
Bob Stoops will make Miami practice for two different quarterbacks and just keep them guessing. I liked the idea posted earlier that allowed LJ to start and Sam to step in later and cause Miami's defense to go into a goat roping contest.

iwannabelikesam
9/22/2009, 11:54 AM
Bob Stoops will make Miami practice for two different quarterbacks and just keep them guessing. I liked the idea posted earlier that allowed LJ to start and Sam to step in later and cause Miami's defense to go into a goat roping contest.

How differently would Miami prepare for the two quarterbacks?

Gresho Murford
9/22/2009, 11:55 AM

Yeah the smart thing to do imo is to start Landry and see how he does. If he is overwhelmed with the defense doesn't look capable then throw Sam in if he is ready. If Landry looks good and confident, let Sam rest another week.

OK2U
9/22/2009, 12:28 PM
Scientific studies have shown a direct correlation between mustaches and swagger.
just sayin'

Jello Biafra
9/22/2009, 12:57 PM

reynolds...

oksoonerdave
9/22/2009, 01:20 PM
How differently would Miami prepare for the two quarterbacks?

Probably just my wishfull thinking. Landry does have the ability to be a multiple threat against defenses if KW allows it. But I guess when you have two 1000 yd rushers, you don't sacrifice the qb.

Yeah, your right, same ole play book just different players.

Jello Biafra
9/22/2009, 01:32 PM
ooopsie...stoops sounds like hes a lil angry at broyles for talking to the gayly oklahoman about how well or bad sam is throwing