JLEW1818
9/21/2009, 12:04 PM
what a quitter

beer4me
9/21/2009, 12:08 PM
Sounded like a crybaby anyway to me

NormanPride
9/21/2009, 12:10 PM
Good God, cut the kid some slack. He gets no playing time on a team with one proven WR and decides maybe he should go somewhere else. I would, too.

DakotaSooner
9/21/2009, 12:11 PM
We need White to sign with us

TMcGee86
9/21/2009, 12:26 PM
If he can't beat out Tennell then I don't blame him for transferring.

OKC-SLC
9/21/2009, 12:31 PM
Good luck to him.

We only want sooners.

Tulsa_Fireman
9/21/2009, 12:33 PM
...and a sandwich.

Maybe some boobies sprinkled in between the Sooners and the sandwich.

OUmillenium
9/21/2009, 12:34 PM
LOL!

badger
9/21/2009, 12:35 PM
He hasn't had any receptions yet this year, has he?

Not everyone can cut it at OU, I guess. Best of luck to him if he is indeed transferring. Any links yet?

cheezyq
9/21/2009, 12:49 PM
Um, if he can't make waves with the group we currently have in place, then how does he think he can make it elsewhere?

badger
9/21/2009, 12:54 PM
Um, if he can't make waves with the group we currently have in place, then how does he think he can make it elsewhere?

I-AA (scuze me - "championship subdivision") or Div. 2/3 are wonderful things for those desiring playing time without playing time competitions.

BoulderSooner79
9/21/2009, 12:56 PM
Who knows - could be a coaching style or system mis-match. He may do great else where. This could be a good thing for both parties by giving Owens another shot and freeing up a scholly from a player not contributing.

MiccoMacey
9/21/2009, 12:59 PM
Why bag on the kid for transferring? He tried OU...didn't fit him...let him move on.

I wish him well in wherever he goes and whatever he does.

zeke
9/21/2009, 01:09 PM
Why bag on the kid for transferring? He tried OU...didn't fit him...let him move on.

I wish him well in wherever he goes and whatever he does.

Well said

yermom
9/21/2009, 01:14 PM
yeah, sounds like he's in the doghouse or something

stoops the eternal pimp
9/21/2009, 01:31 PM
and there is not a worse dog house to be in than Bob Stoops dog house...

Sasakwa
9/21/2009, 01:33 PM
Typical of WRs named Owens

Soonerus
9/21/2009, 01:38 PM
I hate to see him go but wish him nothing but the best of luck...

cheezyq
9/21/2009, 01:39 PM
I-AA (scuze me - "championship subdivision") or Div. 2/3 are wonderful things for those desiring playing time without playing time competitions.

Oh I know. I was actually using the opportunity to make a statement about our current group of WRs.

:)

meoveryouxinfinity
9/21/2009, 01:42 PM
Both Muskogee boys gone? Bumpus and Owens.. interesting..

JLEW1818
9/21/2009, 01:42 PM
I didn't realize he was a Soph. I figured he would have RS last year, making him a RS Fresh... Makes more sense now to transfer

w0lfe
9/21/2009, 01:57 PM
good luck owens. Now white, come and replace his spot and shine!

recruiter
9/21/2009, 01:59 PM
Nothing in this world is ever "official, per The Sports Animal," the station that has reported Bradford out for the season and Tulsa with a "realistic" chance to win last Saturday.

Why people attach credibility to them escapes me.

Fraggle145
9/21/2009, 02:03 PM

No doubt. If you cant beat out stone hands its time for a new location.

Toronto Sooner
9/21/2009, 02:03 PM
AI: "we sittin' here, I 'pose to be franchise playa, we in hay talkin' 'bout practice???"

sooner_in_noble
9/21/2009, 02:30 PM
If he doesn't wanna stay at OU, we don't need him. It doesn't matter how weak the receiver position, poor attitude doesn't fly in Norman.

meoveryouxinfinity
9/21/2009, 02:37 PM
I bet the tries to transfer to Tennessee or something like that. That's where all OK HS fb players seem to want to go...

WTF??

Shockwave
9/21/2009, 03:08 PM
I can tell you from living here in Muskogee, that this guy has the most misplaced sense of entitlement of any kid you'll meet. His senior year, all our local paper (and every other idiot in this town) could do was to crow about how great he was...guess he bought into the hype as well. Let him and the others who don't want to EARN their spot on the roster move on. I hate to rip on a guy from my neck of the woods (b/c it seems like Muskogee players don't do that great, in general, at the D-I level) but I can't say that I'm surprised that he (sadly) was a wash.

beer4me
9/21/2009, 03:29 PM
I can tell you from living here in Muskogee, that this guy has the most misplaced sense of entitlement of any kid you'll meet. His senior year, all our local paper (and every other idiot in this town) could do was to crow about how great he was...guess he bought into the hype as well. Let him and the others who don't want to EARN their spot on the roster move on. I hate to rip on a guy from my neck of the woods (b/c it seems like Muskogee players don't do that great, in general, at the D-I level) but I can't say that I'm surprised that he (sadly) was a wash.

Thanks for the post

Blitzkrieg
9/21/2009, 03:52 PM
re-sign JARBOE!!!

soonermix
9/21/2009, 04:44 PM
...and a sandwich.

A BOOBY SOONER SANDWICH!!!!!

Okie35
9/21/2009, 04:45 PM
Good God, cut the kid some slack. He gets no playing time on a team with one proven WR and decides maybe he should go somewhere else. I would, too.

Yea I agree.

goingoneight
9/21/2009, 04:57 PM
JO has done just fine as far as impressive showings in practice and such. Something went down from Summer conditioning to Fall camp that displeased his coaches. It could be him slacking off, he could have tested poorly in conditioning drills, maybe all of a sudden class clown JO started butting heads with his coaches. Bottom line is we shouldn't expect much from a guy who's played very little through his first year and not at all this year. When a benchwarmer starts skipping class and the coaches have already called him out as a little behind the 8-ball, it's not a loss for an already struggling WR corps, but a gain. As in no wasted scholly money and distractions, nor bad attitude toward the coaching staff rubbing off on others.

OKC-SLC
9/21/2009, 04:57 PM
...and a sandwich.

and this chair.

and this paddle game.

UteSooner
9/21/2009, 05:06 PM
re-sign JARBOE!!!

I forgot about Jarboe. Weren't he and Owens the same recruiting class? I once had high hopes for both these kids.

prrriiide
9/21/2009, 05:20 PM
I bet the tries to transfer to Tennessee

Even if he played at Tennessee, he'd catch fewer passes. See, the QB has to be able to get the ball in to the same zip code as the receiver...

stoopified
9/21/2009, 05:26 PM
Bye-bye,good luck.

tulsaoilerfan
9/21/2009, 06:21 PM
Owens actually played a little last year JLew, so that's why he's a soph; not much game time, but i think he may have caught a pass

JLEW1818
9/21/2009, 06:23 PM
Owens actually played a little last year JLew, so that's why he's a soph; not much game time, but i think he may have caught a pass

yup, didn't even realize that. I excuse him for leaving now. He probably knows he does not have much of a shot

Curly Bill
9/21/2009, 06:24 PM

Exactly the thought I had. Hell, if he can't beat out Tennell I don't know if he can even start at any of the directional colleges in Okieland. :O

Toronto Sooner
9/21/2009, 06:35 PM
J. Jarboe says: "I got a fine b**ch and she look like she J-Lo.....shoot you in the head and you might be dead with a halo....."

I am shocked he ended up at Troy, after Bob booted him off the team. With those type of words on his resume one would think that the Pete Carroll would be dying to bring him over to USC. The U is baby Thug U compared to USC. Pete Carroll welcomes all levels of thuggery. It was only a few years ago that he allowed O.J. Simpson to join his players at practice.

Jarboe's stats at Troy this year:

5 catches, 97 yards, 18.6 per game

Decent stats to begin the year (as a freshman), but one needs to demonstrate much more than talent for the chance to carry on the great OU tradition. This is not USC.

JLEW1818
9/21/2009, 06:36 PM
did he do anything against Florida?

Toronto Sooner
9/21/2009, 06:44 PM
Bowling Green - 2 rec., 20 yards (1 catch was 19 yards)
Florida - 2 rec., 6 yards
UAB - 1 rec., 67 yards

He looks to have big play capabilities.

unbiasedtruth
9/21/2009, 06:48 PM
Best of luck JO. Sorry it didnt work out for you in the Sooner Nation. Hope wherever you land its on your feet running and catching passes from QBs with the smarts and arms of SB and LJ....

oh snap.... that aint going to happen is it... oh well like I said best of luck wishing you the best...

LawtonBoy74
9/21/2009, 06:57 PM
good luck to J. Owens kid had good upside but couldn't get the off the field and ego things together..I've seen this ruin soo many WRs its ridiculous, its the one position where confidence is needed but too much can destroy a player.. Good luck to him, He should transfer to a DII like Northeastern, or UCO I'm sure he would do great at those schools

meoveryouxinfinity
9/21/2009, 07:27 PM
good luck to J. Owens kid had good upside but couldn't get the off the field and ego things together..I've seen this ruin soo many WRs its ridiculous, its the one position where confidence is needed but too much can destroy a player.. Good luck to him, He should transfer to a DII like Northeastern, or UCO I'm sure he would do great at those schools

If the kid is arrogant enough to demand playing time, he's not going DII. He's going D1A. To a top program.

I don't know if that's the case (his arrogance). But it sounds like it. Also it may be that he doesn't work well with the coaches, etc.

He was #1 in the state.
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Jameel-Owens-39931

AlbqSooner
9/21/2009, 07:43 PM
Many years ago we had a third team running back who approached the coaches about being too good to be third team. The coaches said that while they agreed with his assessment, Greg Pruitt was first team and Everett Marshall, the defending Big 8 champ in the 100 meters, was second team, so there was really nothing else to call him. He said maybe he should transfer. The coaches agreed, gave him his release and helped him find a school. He went on to set rushing records at UNLV (might have been Nevada) and had a great career with the Redskins in the NFL. Mike Thomas.

Good luck to you Jameel.

SCxxSOONER
9/21/2009, 07:47 PM
Both Muskogee boys gone? Bumpus and Owens.. interesting..

Stacey mcgee is still here, he signed with owens from muskogee out of high school

meoveryouxinfinity
9/21/2009, 07:50 PM
I'll put $20 on Tennessee, as I said in an earlier post.

guzziguy
9/21/2009, 08:15 PM
...and a sandwich.

Maybe a beer too.

Mixer!
9/21/2009, 10:21 PM
Typical of WRs named Owens

http://graphics.fansonly.com/schools/okla/graphics/m-footbl/archive/all-americans/tinker-owens-1974-75.jpg :confused:

soonerspudman
9/21/2009, 11:28 PM
http://graphics.fansonly.com/schools/okla/graphics/m-footbl/archive/all-americans/tinker-owens-1974-75.jpg :confused:

Gotta love the shoulder pads from them days, Tinker looks like a kid dressed for halloween.

Petro-Sooner
9/22/2009, 12:05 AM
Whos Owens?