PDA

View Full Version : I'm actually starting to like Mark Sanchez!?

Lott's Bandana
9/21/2009, 11:44 AM
Reasons:

1. He bent Carroll over when he announced for the draft, made Petey look like a crying princess.

2. He caused SUC to start a freshman against tOSU. (unimpressive, even with his media coronation afterwards)

3. He was the reason there was such wishy-washy'ing going on this past week about who was SUC's starting QB...now we know why Petey wanted Barkley so bad.

4. If Dirty was playing, Washington loses...by a lot.

5. If Dirty was playing, SUC wouldn't be facing more losses in conference play this year.

6. Dirty beat the Pats.

All in all, I'd wizz on the guy if he was aflame.

My Opinion Matters
9/21/2009, 11:45 AM
Room.

Collier11
9/21/2009, 11:47 AM
Well between the two im still not sure why Stafford went #1, he was never that great in college and he has done nothing in the 1st two weeks to prove to me that he will be great in the NFL, Sanchez has

Sooner in Tampa
9/21/2009, 11:50 AM
I am struggling with the college move into the pro thing too...Roy Miller is a Buccaneer now and he has actually played pretty well. It is an interesting paradigm...sometimes I feel like I have to run a take a shower after acknowledging a good play by Miller

jumperstop
9/21/2009, 11:53 AM
Well between the two im still not sure why Stafford went #1, he was never that great in college and he has done nothing in the 1st two weeks to prove to me that he will be great in the NFL, Sanchez has

Yeah not much of an NFL fan, but from what i've seen sanchez has what it takes to be a QB in the NFL while Stafford does not, at least for the moment.

BoulderSooner79
9/21/2009, 12:43 PM
Reasons:

1. He bent Carroll over when he announced for the draft, made Petey look like a crying princess.

^This is all it took for me. Bob would have never publicly chastised a player for leaving early even if he didn't agree it was the right move.

Regarding Stafford vs. Sanchez - Sanchez plays for a playoff caliber team, so it's hard to compare. But he does look very good for a rookie.

bluedogok
9/21/2009, 09:04 PM
Stafford is looking pretty good considering what is around him at the moment. The Lions at least look competitive this season which is more than you can say about last season.

Knippz
9/21/2009, 09:18 PM
Oh lawd, I hate to like a former Trojan. You make some valid points, Jim.

That said, I'm a HUUUGE Dallas Cowboys fan, and I still get severely pissed of if f a g Roy Williams catches a TD. Last year he threw up the horns on his sole TD of the year, and I forever hate him.

Curly Bill
9/21/2009, 09:20 PM
Stafford could throw a ball over them there mountains -- The NFL loves those guys, even if a strong arm is just about all they have.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/21/2009, 09:25 PM
Stafford is looking pretty good considering what is around him at the moment. The Lions at least look competitive this season which is more than you can say about last season.

This...I'm sure if you swapped them, there would be similar results

Stitch Face
9/21/2009, 09:48 PM
Anybody is easier to like as a Jet than a condom.

Come to think of it, I don't even mind seeing Leinart that much (sitting on the Cardinals bench, that is.)

Knippz
9/21/2009, 10:23 PM
Anybody is easier to like as a Jet than a condom.

Come to think of it, I don't even mind seeing Leinart that much (sitting on the Cardinals bench, that is.)

I don't know, condoms have been pretty good to me.

badger
9/22/2009, 07:24 AM
I know we like to imagine SC's castle crumbling after these annual non-ranked conference losses on the road, but it just isn't gonna happen until the schools around them have comparable levels of talent.

Then again, we all know that you have to do some actual recruiting and not just count the number of stars Rivals gives the high school players or start recruiting players just because other top schools are (see Miami under Coker).

As for Mark, he made the best decision for himself. That might sound selfish, but, well, Pete Carroll was trying to selfishly get Sanchez to stay.

SanJoaquinSooner
9/22/2009, 07:59 AM
He never beat OU or won a national championship with SC, so it's conceivable that he's likable as a Jet. I am happy that the Jets knocked off the Pats.

badger
9/22/2009, 08:00 AM
Speaking of SC sucking, here is the latest on a punter named Mitch Mustain. (http://www.latimes.com/sports/college/usc/la-sp-simers22-2009sep22,0,7405727.column?page=1)