PDA

View Full Version : The Miami game will be like...

Collier11
9/21/2009, 10:44 AM
The Iowa State game with Seneca wallace, the last two Missouri games, the Texas tech game last year, in other words we will come out and play really well and tear apart their offense.

The more I think about it the more I think about those games where they had a new Heisman contender, new natl title contender, big time offense, blah blah blah. I think Miami wont know what hit them, I am saying that realizing full well that this is a road game.

Miamis D isnt that good yet, their offense will be exposed.

After a close first 20 minutes of the game OU's D will take over and make plays, Ou will leave Miami with a 34-17 win.

JLEW1818
9/21/2009, 10:45 AM
I really like the Bye week

i think OUr boys will be ready

NormanPride
9/21/2009, 10:51 AM
We know next to nothing about Miami right now. We know just a little more about ourselves, so... Harris is a better QB than Kinne, and Miami has a ton more talent. Still, I think we could do well out there. I worry about our offense in its first true road game - think Colorado 2007...

w0lfe
9/21/2009, 10:54 AM
I have watched Miami a little bit this season. And from what i saw, harris doesnt scramble much. Is he capable of killing you on the ground? From his build, it looks like a couple big hits would rattle him pretty good

Collier11
9/21/2009, 10:54 AM
I am more convinced because of our D, Miami wont face the defensive speed they will see against us other than FSU and FSU got constant pressure and stuffed their run game. Plus our DBs are much better than FSUs

Collier11
9/21/2009, 10:55 AM
I have watched Miami a little bit this season. And from what i saw, harris doesnt scramble much. Is he capable of killing you on the ground? From his build, it looks like a couple big hits would rattle him pretty good

Yea he can run but he is def pass first, I forget which game it was but last yr he lit up someone, running all over them

NormanPride
9/21/2009, 11:07 AM
I am more convinced because of our D, Miami wont face the defensive speed they will see against us other than FSU and FSU got constant pressure and stuffed their run game. Plus our DBs are much better than FSUs

Agreed. Our D is best at getting pressure in the nation, and he was an incredibly poor decision maker with people in his face.

JLEW1818
9/21/2009, 11:10 AM
yah, I aint seen Harris scramble, and i watched both of their games

sooneron
9/21/2009, 11:11 AM
Their game against vatech will be very telling.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/21/2009, 11:11 AM
Yea he can run but he is def pass first, I forget which game it was but last yr he lit up someone, running all over them

he had 50 againt duke...other than that, not much

kingsby
9/21/2009, 11:19 AM
The Iowa State game with Seneca wallace, the last two Missouri games, the Texas tech game last year, in other words we will come out and play really well and tear apart their offense.

After a close first 20 minutes of the game OU's D will take over and make plays, Ou will leave Miami with a 34-17 win.

I hate to disagree and will gladly eat my words, but the way I see this game is like BYU / Boise St. / Tejas last year. If the game is close we will lose. Our D has not had the ability to stop people when the game is on the line.

If it is a blow out in our favor our D will perform very well.

If it is close in the 2nd half, Miami will win.

I Hate it, but recent history is not in our favor during close games.

BermudaSooner
9/21/2009, 11:23 AM
If it is a blow out in our favor our D will perform very well.

huh? Wouldn't one have to come before the other?

Collier11
9/21/2009, 11:27 AM
It wasnt a very well thought out disagreement

Collier11
9/21/2009, 11:27 AM
he had 50 againt duke...other than that, not much

Yea I went back and looked at his stats, he only had like 150 for the yr rushing last year

OK2LA
9/21/2009, 11:35 AM
It wasnt a very well thought out disagreement

:D

Thank you for my new sig.

Collier11
9/21/2009, 11:43 AM
anytime I can help out ;)

o0Dan0o
9/21/2009, 11:51 AM
I'm hoping that they beat Va Tech and move up a bit in the polls, they get college gameday at home and everyone picks the U. That way when we shut down their offense and our offense spreads the ball around and looks efficient in all aspects, we will get a good bump in the polls, though still probably not much respect from the talking heads.
Dan

MyT Oklahoma
9/21/2009, 12:06 PM

The more I think about it the more I think about those games where they had a new Heisman contender, new natl title contender, big time offense, blah blah blah. I think Miami wont know what hit them, I am saying that realizing full well that this is a road game.

Miamis D isnt that good yet, their offense will be exposed.

Brilliant!

P.S. Hope your right.

yermom
9/21/2009, 12:32 PM
i'd be happy with @Bama ;)

madillsoonerfan5353
9/21/2009, 01:19 PM
The only thing that I worry about in this game is they attack the middle of the field! Harris puts alot of air under the ball and I think that we have the speed for alot of picks!! 35-10 OU!!!

w0lfe
9/21/2009, 02:01 PM
Im still not sold on our secondary. There were a few plays against tulsa that should have been big plays and a td. Up front we are beastly

yermom
9/21/2009, 02:02 PM
well, being beastly up front makes the secondary look better...

OUAlumni1990
9/21/2009, 02:03 PM
Need to hit 'em in the mouth early, and keep driving it down their throats.

ouwasp
9/21/2009, 11:14 PM
Need to hit 'em in the mouth early, and keep driving it down their throats.

This. And cause their previously absent yet suddenly frenzied and "loyal" crowd to wonder what else they had considered doing on an Oct Saturday...

JLEW1818
9/21/2009, 11:20 PM
after watching the Monday Night game, the stadium does not look that intimidating.... the stands look so far away from the field

JMO.. i could be drunk

OUAlumni1990
9/21/2009, 11:27 PM
This. And cause their previously absent yet suddenly frenzied and "loyal" crowd to wonder what else they had considered doing on an Oct Saturday...

I'll bet they got a whole new crew of bandwagon fans fresh right off the boat! :D

(or washed up on-shore)

mightysooner
9/22/2009, 01:13 AM
We need to be able to run the ball effectively. I think our D will take care of the rest.

prrriiide
9/22/2009, 03:52 AM
Harris will have to beat us with his passing. Coming into the Tulsa game OU had given up 6 yards rushing over 2 games. Tulsa got 116, but all but 38 of that was in the second half against the 2nd and 3rd teamers.

I worry a bit about RR and his middle coverage, but I don't think Harris throws the ball on a rope and Quinton, Travis, and Keenan will all have picks.

Gresho Murford
9/22/2009, 10:16 AM
The Miami game will be like

Afternoon Delight

BoulderSooner79
9/22/2009, 10:49 AM
We need to be able to run the ball effectively. I think our D will take care of the rest.

I think the opposite. Miami will stack the line against the run and try to make Landry beat them. We'll have to force them out of this mode by burning them a couple of times with big plays in the passing game. Short, quick passes with YAC against man coverage or bubble screens and throw in a wheel route to DM would be great medicine. It requires a cool head on Jones' part and our receivers have to *catch the ball*. Even if Sam starts, I see them trying the same thing to see if he is really 100%, but they would probably back off with pressure quicker if Sam looks healthy. Bob should definitely keep them guessing on who the QB is going to be until the last minute.